Computer cheats?

Zeppelin4

Warlord
I'm playing on Explorer level and 80 turns in to the game. Australia is setup on the west coast right next to me. By this time they already have 5 cities and 16 immigrants. How is this even possible without cheats?

It isn't. The key phrase you used was "without cheats". The AI has always cheated in Civ games; it's just more blatant than usual in Col.

I'm beginning to think AoD2 is borked. I kept getting wiped time after time when it came to my comparitive power vs. the AI. I eventually landed on Pilgrim difficulty and after 115 turns (on marathon) I look around the AI colonies and they're massive in size and population. Presently I'm looking for AOD2 strategy guides because I must be doing something completely bass ackwards to get so far behind.

its horrible, are there no way to fix the cheating? afterall i was trying to wipe out the portugese, but still without income, they managed to get galleon, along with 2 basic dragoons and equip 4 basic soldiers? i only have 3 dragons, one basic and 2 veteran and i do have income, i cant even keep up at the second eastest level :)

ohh and also, the portugese gets the extra hold special, so their ships can carry an extra unit, which is nice for them, but how can their galleons, with just this promotion, carry 2 dragons, 4 soldiers and 2 extra unarmed units??? limit 7 but carry 8???

this and the fact that only one Nation can get the founding fathers, led me to only play "tiny" maps.

there it is usually easy to focus on cross/silver production in the first years and then rushing the opponents with a couple of veteran dragoons. Though the indians randomly declaring war on you when founding/taking a city is still annoying.

Top Bottom