Gulf War Mod

My new paratrooper. He's pretty representative of the new ones. Note the paratrooper straps, backpack, etc. No more camping trips for him!

Attachments

• paratroopers.jpeg
    paratroopers.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 53
Yes and No.:lol: I've added and fixed everything in my IIW Mod. Just a few more tweaks so their are no problems. Then it'll be a clean template for us. Currently there are no red blobs/pink units, etc. All units have been assigned as unique to the proper civs and are easy to ID.

I will then upload it via SVN. It is much quicker and easier to update/use once you get it going(IMO).

I think i got a little time to help make some units, there are some i would like to see go into the mod, and wondering if you made them already

M551A1
AAVP7A1
Newport class tank landing ship
Yellowstone class destroyer tender
M252 mortar
M163 VADS
MIM-104 Patriot
Air-cushioned landing craft
Kilauea class
Tarawa class
Mars class combat stores ship
M102 howitzer
Unimog
Austin class amphibious transport dock
Desert Patrol Vehicle
Whidbey Island class dock landing ship
Virginia class cruiser
LAV-25
Fast combat support ship
M110 howitzer
M198 howitzer
Landing Craft Utility

The M102 is in my IIW Mod. I've seen a hovercraft somewhere else too. Tarawa looks a lot like my Iowa Jima Class in the mod too. Are these all for the US? Keep in mind we'll need more unitclasses then for these. Or maybe you want to use them as 2nd UU?

I'm currently finishing the Dutch VanHeemerseck Class Ship. I plan on uploading the Mod today that we talked about to sourceforge for SVN development.

Yes, a lot of them would require a new class, but some you can just create by themselves.
Such as the M551 Sheridan, it is a light tank, which i am sure it is a class on its own.

Tarawa is different but it was succeeded the iwo jima class and when you are talking about something as big as a amphibious assault ship its hard to forget about them. Do you think we can pull of the 2 uu?

Also I think something like the Desert Patrol Vehicle should definatly be in because it was usedalot during the gulf war

I don't really mind about the 2nd unique unit thing. It is really easy to do IMO.

As for unit creation. I've invested so much time in creating nearly 500 units between this and the IIW Mod, I need a break from all that. That's prob why there are some bugs in my IIW Update. There are a few units left I have planned in the spreadsheet, but I'd like to get the bugs out of the code to make any of my mods run smoother. I'll prob return to unit creation in the future though for ya though.

Since this mod is a joint/community creation, you are free to add unitclasses/units. Just provided there isn't something like a Nuclear Armed Chipmunk Robot or something. :lol: That's when I might say something.

This map I found makes the coalition navy much more relevant than I previously thought.

Attachments

• maps4b.jpeg
    maps4b.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 48
Well for now here is how I create 2nd UU (e.g. for a transport, 1stUU=Iowa Jima & 2ndUU=Tarawa)

1. The 1st UU is set up as normal
2. Make the Tarawa its own unit class
3. Make the Tarawa have a default unit of NONE
4. In unitinfos make the Tarawa a Unitclass Tarawa
5. In civinfos, make the Tarawa a uu for Tarawa Unitclass.
6. Make sure the techpreq is the same if needed.

This will give you a virtual 2ndUU that no other civ will have.
I can't remember which mod had that 2nd UU code.

The Tarawa will prob already be animated as long as nothing is deleted in blender.

Still I would prefer it but now that I think about it, it is no big deal plus we can always write that one in pretty easy

Is there a downside to instead of having the default unit NONE have it Unit_ASsault ship? Because then atleast in the tarawa pedia it says "replaces assault ship". I am assuming then you need to say it is replaced by none in other civs? If so than nevermind but I saw DWOLFs german civ do that method so have you tried that?

EDIT: also I am looking for a MBt light tank or an amphibious tank. Do you know if you have made either of those? Preferably PT-76

Now thinking about it, wont that screw up the upgrade chart though? You dont want the UU to screw up the upgrade chart
What if you did this?
1)Set Tarawa class as amphiboius
2)Create a Tarawa Class
3)Have Tarawa unit replace Tarawa class in the civ infos

So now tarawa is replacing amphibious, amphibious is being replaed by Tarawa, Tarawa does not show up on upgrade chart because the specific class does not have a unit. The only problem is under the unit it wont say which civ it is unique for

now that i think about it since the other classses unit is NONE it probably wont show up anyway, but this way still only gives you one thing wrong instead of both

It just seems tedious to me to go through and put NONE in every civ, but if you want to do it, go ahead.

Haven't made any light tanks. There is a t34/85 in my mod though. Look in WWII in the pacific, there are a couple there. However, the BMP-1/2 are basically light amphibious tanks/APCs. It has the same base as the PT-76.

It just seems tedious to me to go through and put NONE in every civ, but if you want to do it, go ahead.

Haven't made any light tanks. There is a t34/85 in my mod though. Look in WWII in the pacific, there are a couple there. However, the BMP-1/2 are basically light amphibious tanks/APCs. It has the same base as the PT-76.

Wasnt sure if you had to place NONe. I mean of course i thought you had to but DWOFLs civs didnt so wasnt sure

If that is the same base, the 2s1 Gvozdika is very similar as well so possibly i can merge the two.

what do you think about my second idea though for the second UUs? You wont need to place NONE for that

Also what is called how you animate the units again? I mean if it only takes 5 seonds I think ill give it a go to learn

Top Bottom