Byzantine lobby for civ5

Kyriakos

Creator
Unfortunately the Byzantine empire is not in the first game, but it will be in an expansion. But is there anyone else who, like me, wants to create byzantine mods for civ5 as soon as possible?

:rockon: :rockon:

I already have the buildings completed

and if Bryce can be used (or at least Daz Studio) to mod civ5, then all will be great :)

Moderator Action: Just a Heads up

In the past the 'Why isn't my Civ included in Civ 5' threads have become places to troll about, thus we have been closing them.

I will start letting them remaining open, but if there is a hint of unprofessional conduct, it will be locked immediately.

Good work on the buildings. :)

I think the Byzantines have a very good chance of being in one of the expansions for ciV.

In the past the 'Why isn't my Civ included in Civ 5' threads have become places to troll about, thus we have been closing them.

I will start letting them remaining open, but if there is a hint of unprofessional conduct, it will be locked immediately.

To be fair this thread is different from the others i've seen.
He's not complaining or accusing Firaxis of bias. He's trying to do something constructive about the absence of his favorite civ.

I gotta admit the Byzantines are pretty fascinating.

What exactly are those 3 buildings you've made?

They are:

The Hagia Sophia (Constantinople)

The Panagia Chalkeon (Thessalonike)

The Prophet Elijah (Thessalonike)

Glad that people liked the work :) The city i live in was the second most important of the Byzantine empire, and there are many churches from the byz era here. Personally i am very fond of that architecture.

Apart fromt he byzantine era, i plan to make ancient greek buildings/cities as well :)

Also arabian and french are in the works.

To be fair this thread is different from the others i've seen.
He's not complaining or accusing Firaxis of bias. He's trying to do something constructive about the absence of his favorite civ.

I gotta admit the Byzantines are pretty fascinating.

What exactly are those 3 buildings you've made?

Yeah, there's a significant difference between "This civ isn't in so lets see about modding it in" and "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE COMPLAIN COMPLAIN". :)

There's also an Israel thread out there along similar lines as this one which seems harmless enough.

What if Fireaxis ends up merging Byzantium into Rome this time around? Are you going to stick to your guns and keep this mod alive all the way to the last expansion? I guarantee you that if Fireaxis doesn't add Byzantium by the end in some form, your mod is going to end up merged with any other civ mods for civilizations that got left out for my personal use. :lol:

I already have the buildings completed
They're cool graphics, but did Byzantines really build Tudor-style houses (white stucco with uncovered dark wood beams).

[I ask this from a position of ignorance.]

The tudor style is very recognizable to many westerners, in particular because of mock-tudor revival, and so that white with black grid looks very English (and un-greek) to us.
cf: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudorbethan_architecture

I think a stone-grey (ideally with tiny rectangle dot windows) works better; your grey buildings without the woodwork are very nice.

YMMV, of course!

Thank you :)

Well, as i said, the woodwork is supposed to be a sort of wooden balcony, but at this scale it would have looked like a hideous blur if i didnt make it that way.
And i didnt want to have the same houses in both eras, so again i needed something different for the medieval one.

Btw has anyone here ever used Daz studio? The program that comes with Bryce 6 (which i used to make these).

They might look more like balconies if you kept the horizontal lines, but removed the vertical ones.

Cataphracts, cataphracts, I love cataphracts.

And only Byzantine Cataphracts will do! :D

As always however, I'll sign any lobby to include one of the single most important and interesting civilizations in history into the game.

Yes there is always a bit of a spat about if the Byzantines represent a unique political entity from the Roman Empire, but they certainly represent a cultural break from Classical Antiquity and constitute their own unique form of civilization.

Consider the petition signed, by me at least. :)

I think the point is to actually get them in an official release- which is certainly a cause I'll rally behind! :D

Top Bottom