SINGLE Most Frustrating Thing in Civ5?

havuoksa

Warlord
1. THE DEMOGRAPHICS.
They were astonishing in Civ4 BTS. And don't tell me those stats told too much of the other civs, they know all of human player anyways!
Just loved to take that peak every 20 turns or so, where are we on economics, military, etc etc. At least these should be there when spies are in another civs!!

When the game is over, you lack the possibility of comparing stats per 50turns, per 100turns etc. Also, there should be the graphs per YEARS AD, NOT by turns which is useless!

This is my single most frustrating thing. As well as the one that should be informed to the civ6 developers!

What's yours?

The 'next turn' - O sorry, you have to do another few things - 'next turn' thing.

How is anything "by years" not useless in every case? "By turns" is the only way of measuring that makes sense at all, since it stays constant all game long (unlike the method you are suggesting).

The 'next turn' - O sorry, you have to do another few things - 'next turn' thing.

:lol: Yeah...I find that annoying too... especially late in the game where, if I'm anticipating a 30 sec or so wait, I'll sometimes get up for drink of water or a chunk of a cookie or something... Then come back to "Next Turn"....

Of course, there are other things as well that can happen...like one of the AI wanting to talk to you, but that is a bit more understandable than the "Next Turn"..."oh..wait a second, you have to move a worker"... "Next Turn".... ;)

Personally I never used demographics i only look at it for epeen after i conquer like half the world <_<.

Most annoying thing at the moment is, the fact that ship of line is a unique unit for england instead of being available to everyone, it bugs me alot.

I hate getting the "Civilizations who Smile the Most" list. What's the point? I know I'm dead last, and I know that all of my opponents have +20 to +50 happiness at all times.

yeah, that and the random unit selection bopping all over the map. mind-numbingly irritating while warmongering.

I think you can turn off auto unit scroll in the options, but it annoys the crap out of me when it takes 5 minutes to change production or choose research or promote units. and my computer has twice the recommended amount of RAM :mad:

Great Admirals are about useless! They would be great if I could get them to my fleet before the war ended!

-Frdmlover

I vote for the constant jumps from unit to unit. If you have units on 2 opposite ends of a map you may well jump 10 times between them until you get all the units to move. Why did they have to make the camera pass through the entire globe to get you to the next unit? Couldn't it just be a cam shift to active unit and that's that?

I always thought this only happened when one ordered units to move to far locations... when they got there, you were told to use the remaining movement points after the first 'next turn.' After this you finally arrived to the final 'next turn'.

I guess this is set up this way to give people the option to change the orders for these units before they were executed, in light of any new information that would come up.

First post here, been playing since Civ II.

Welcome to the forums :).

I really hate that unit focus changes when I promote a unit or set it up to fire. Several times now I wanted to storm attack a city so I promoted the best unit in range. After promotion the focus immediately changes but I already right clicked the city so the new unit dies....

I always thought this only happened when one ordered units to move to far locations... when they got there, you were told to use the remaining movement points after the first 'next turn.' After this you finally arrived to the final 'next turn'.

I guess this is set up this way to give people the option to change the orders for these units before they were executed, in light of any new information that would come up.

Welcome. It also happens with busy workers when you are at war.

The next turn thing
and even worse the unit hopping. Last game I was fighting a war on 2 different sides of the world with quite a few units it's just irritating as hell when it starts hopping between both fronts. I want to move and attack with one front and then all the units on the other front thank you!

Welcome!

I *think*, but I'm not sure, it also happens with units that had "fortify until healed" as an order, in the turn when they are healed. Also, to workers that were working and got spooked by a nearby enemy unit.

Overall, it is a surprisingly common event. I rarely have a turn without one unit in such a situation.

Wow, I'm kinda surprised! :) So far, none of the stated things ever really bothered me.

The BIG ONE however, the first and only thing I could think of when I heard "most frustrating thing", for me is the friggin' Religion Bomb of the Great Prophets :mad:. It has single-handedly killed a large portion of my initially huge enjoyment of religion for me.

The turning point was one game as the Vikings which was going well for me, I lovingly crafted all aspects of my religion, Norse Mythology, and had conquered and converted my continent. Then I met Egypt on another continent, and we got along great. Then suddenly... they Religion Bombed my capitol, and shortly thereafter, my other cities. Within a couple of turns, I had lost all my faith production (from Desert Folklore) and a lot of happiness and gold, crippling my empire. I rage quit that game :(.

Just the potential of that happening again has made me a bit paranoid about constantly checking my borders for "friendly" units, and made religion less fun, since hundreds of turns of careful micromanaging of Beliefs and Missionaries can be destroyed in an instant. Especially since I suspect that the AIs can get the Prophets much quicker than humans can, like everything else on Immortal.

I sincerely, strongly hope that Great Prophets will be patched as soon as possible to only work on your own cities (like Inquisitors, who work fine) and, maybe, City-States.

Thanks for reading, sorry, got a bit carried away, but I wanted to get that out of my system :lol:. Isn't there anyone else who has the same problem?

Wow, I'm kinda surprised! :) So far, none of the stated things ever really bothered me.

The BIG ONE however, the first and only thing I could think of when I heard "most frustrating thing", for me is the friggin' Religion Bomb of the Great Prophets :mad:. It has single-handedly killed a large portion of my initially huge enjoyment of religion for me.

The turning point was one game as the Vikings which was going well for me, I lovingly crafted all aspects of my religion, Norse Mythology, and had conquered and converted my continent. Then I met Egypt on another continent, and we got along great. Then suddenly... they Religion Bombed my capitol, and shortly thereafter, my other cities. Within a couple of turns, I had lost all my faith production (from Desert Folklore) and a lot of happiness and gold, crippling my empire. I rage quit that game :(.

Just the potential of that happening again has made me a bit paranoid about constantly checking my borders for "friendly" units, and made religion less fun, since hundreds of turns of careful micromanaging of Beliefs and Missionaries can be destroyed in an instant. Especially since I suspect that the AIs can get the Prophets much quicker than humans can, like everything else on Immortal.

I sincerely, strongly hope that Great Prophets will be patched as soon as possible to only work on your own cities (like Inquisitors, who work fine) and, maybe, City-States.

Thanks for reading, sorry, got a bit carried away, but I wanted to get that out of my system :lol:. Isn't there anyone else who has the same problem?

I sort of agree. The religious spread needs reworking. Why are missionaries SO expensive!? Making missionaries and inquisitors cheaper would liven up the religion game and allow for Great Prophets to be seriously nerfed without hindering a religious-minded Civ's ability to spread their faith.

The single most annoying thing to me is, without doubt, the absence of the regenerate map option.

Top Bottom