Alexander

huh... weird. when i click the links on the first page they take me to atomic gamer, but dont have links to the files! ive tried clearing my cache and internet history, just to be safe, but it doesnt seem to change! very odd. i've even tried searching for (and navigating through the pages for) anything alexander related in the civ3 files but to no avail... i wonder whats going on at my end! ill try another computer in a day or 2 and see if it works there.
It has to be something on your end. Clicking on the link takes me straight to Atomic Gamer with AC v 1 50 in big orange letters and a choice of 3 free servers to dl from.

Chrome eats the souls of little gamers.

Glad it's working. Good luck with China. Not sure it would be possible without changing the .biq file though - they're only meant to be in there as trading partners and their units have huge defence stats.

Chrome kills kittens. It doesn't stop you downloading Alexander though so it's not all bad.

Started playing a game of the updated version in December. Having lots of fun, but ran into a game crasher when I build the Temple of Marduk in Babylon.

Thanks, Kerero!

Hi Maimonides. Sorry for not replying for a few days - I've been trying to get a chance to check on my main computer but it's in storage at the moment and I'm writing this on a netbook. I've put a new pediaicons file together that you can pop in the Alexander text folder to get past this problem. I've just re-used a generic temple splash so it's not going to add any flavour, but at least it will get you past the crash.

I'm sure that there was a specific splash file for Marduk, but without access to the files I can't make a proper fix for this. I'll try to get it done when I'm back with a normal computer set-up.

Attachments

• PediaIcons.txt
    143.3 KB · Views: 190
Old thread I know, just wanted to say that the mod is brilliant! I love the different roles units have in the army, makes each of them feel useful in some way. Feels very nice and the attention to detail is exquisite.

Going through my first game now, I've taken about half of Asia Minor (I'm not moving very fast) and was about to mop up the last few cities before moving down the coast, then all of the sudden, Thrace, Scythia AND Macedon declared war on me. Seems my "friend' has stabbed me in the back. XD

Seems to be download host is finally down. Any chances for reuploading? Please.

Good news, everyone! I have procured a copy of the game files and the .biq itself but without the music. I'll test it tomorrow when I get to a Windows computer and then upload it… I think that Alexander could do with the music of Ram's Hegemon scenario as a suppletory soundtrack.

It's a serious bummer to play the game with the music defaulting to Firaxis' mediæval setting, so I'll just have to integrate it with Ram's music. I'm awaiting creators' consent for this.

Hey, the Firaxis playlist is quite good. It's just that it's completely jarring to listen to upbeat tunes when I'm having a mano-a-mano with Memnon to solve our disputes regarding the ownership of Asia and his Medism.

Could you please be more specific?

when Im selecting a cavalry unit, such as the thessalian allies, the fortify icon does not appear, however for non calvary units the fortify icon does appear

It might be that there's a box left unchecked in the editor. What are all the units with which you have this problem? Can you set them to Sentry mode instead of fortifying?

Top Bottom