What does the orange upraised fist mean again?

If the fist is WHEOOH, then what does the Angry dude symbol mean?

The fist isn't shown on the GLANCE tab of the Foreign Advisor. The angry dude is the Worst Enemy indicator both there and on the scoreboard.

BTW, NikNaks is always bugging me :))) for new icons to make, so please don't hesitate to suggest new icons for existing concepts. I used the angry dude and the orange fist because they already existed and I couldn't think of anything better.

It depends on where the fist is. On the scoreboard, it's the WHEOOH indicator, but on the foreign advisor, I think it's the worst enemy indicator. I might be wrong on the second one.

Ok, what does "WHEOOH" mean?

Ok, what does "WHEOOH" mean?

If you open the diplomacy trade window for an AI, it has options for asking them to declare war on other civs. If any them is red, you can hover over the red name to see the AI's reason for their refusal to DoW on them. WHEOOH is an acronym for the reason "We Have Enough on Our Hands" which means either a) they are in a war now or b) they are most likely preparing to declare war on someone already and are "mobilizing for war" in BUG lingo.

So if you see an orange fist appear next to a civ in the scoreboard, it's a good time to check your relations with them, if they consider you there worst enemy, and your power ratio to them. It's a heads up someone may be getting a nasty surprise soon, and it behooves you to make sure you're prepared in case it's you.

BTW, NikNaks is always bugging me :))) for new icons to make, so please don't hesitate to suggest new icons for existing concepts. I used the angry dude and the orange fist because they already existed and I couldn't think of anything better.
How about for WHEOOH an Hourglass icon (representing "busy" in most OS GUIs), or maybe crossed swords with a red circle/line "no" symbol superimposed (indicating not interested in a[nother] war)?

For Worst Enemy, I suppose an image of someone flipping you the bird is a bit over the top, so maybe a simple H8U would get the point across.

I've been thinking about overloading the WHEOOH column to show the various states an AI can be in as well as a rival human for some:

• At war with some other rival
  • WHEOOH
Each of these states are orthogonal (each can happen regardless of the other) but related. Most AIs will go WHEOOH when at war, but I have seen some still available to be bribed into another war. We're already using the crossed swords to represent war with you, so maybe a single sword?

I haven't had too many ideas on what icons would work, but I would like to have different icons for each of the possibilities:

• At peace, can be bribed
  • At peace, preparing for war
  • At peace, cannot be bribed (vassal, likes all other rivals, etc)
  • At war, can be bribed (Monty)
  • At war, too busy for another
  • At war, cannot be bribed (same as above)

Ooooo a beg helper :drool: as if we need to be encouraged! This indicator would own for sg's especially since well I end up begging every turn just in case.

Nothing like Begging Wang for 1000 gold after he beats you to Econ and uses the GM on a trade mission. :D

Cheers!
-Liq

This indicator would own for sg's especially since well I end up begging every turn just in case.

From what I understand of the mechanics, doing this will nearly guarantee you'll never get anything. When they deny your begging, they restart their "time before I'll give in" timer, and the larger this timer is, the more likely they are to give in.

In short, getting denied drops the chances of getting what you want back to the minimum.

I like those icons. I already figured out the fist means "mobilization", so I wasn't that far off. Also figured out the worst enemy icon, really helpfull. One icon (in the scoreboard) I cannot place though: a silver star that appears (same star that is used in a game for a city that builds Versailles or Forbidden Palace). First I figured it had to be related to the AP and the UN, but I've seen opponents with a silver star during a game that weren't eligeble for either the AP or the UN.
What does this star mean??

Just got BUG with the WolfRevolution Mod, and I'm digging it (thanks Phungus). I'm looking for a thread that explains all the symbols in BUG (particularly the diplo symbols on the score screen). Anyone care to point the way?

I've been thinking about overloading the WHEOOH column to show the various states an AI can be in as well as a rival human for some:

• At war with some other rival
  • WHEOOH
Each of these states are orthogonal (each can happen regardless of the other) but related. Most AIs will go WHEOOH when at war, but I have seen some still available to be bribed into another war. We're already using the crossed swords to represent war with you, so maybe a single sword?

I haven't had too many ideas on what icons would work, but I would like to have different icons for each of the possibilities:

• At peace, can be bribed
  • At peace, preparing for war
  • At peace, cannot be bribed (vassal, likes all other rivals, etc)
  • At war, can be bribed (Monty)
  • At war, too busy for another
  • At war, cannot be bribed (same as above)

There are so many great ideas on this thread that I had to bring it back from the dead. I really like the idea of a "beg helper"!

Top Bottom