Foreign Advisor bug

In v1.29f the foreign advisor - which worked with the original v1.07f - doesn't work properly. No matter which boxes are checked for lines to display, they won't display. All I get to see is the advisor's dialogue box, and the face for each of the other (remaining) civilizations (I've retired two so far). Is there a fix for this (apart from upgrading to C3C)?

I assume you tried restarting the game? I have it look like this occasionally since the update and saving + restarting the game fixes it every time.
Spoiler :

I don't know how to upload a screen print (and I'm running 3 screens anyway, so Shift+PrtScn gives me all three), but that's not what my screen looks like. Mine's not completely blank; it just won't show the relationships between the various civilizations. At least, not all at once; if I click on one, it'll show me all its relationships, but I can't view them all at once.

Oh, it did that in 1.07f? Well it doesn't do that in C3C either to my knowledge. It doesn't show any relationships right off the bat. I have to click on each head and it will show the relationship of other people . I installed my old copy of 1.07f to see, but it would crash whenever I tried to found a city and I didn't have any saves from that version.

Is this related?

In the buglist there's a listing of this problem - with him it was linked to having destroyed the civ with that position in a previous game. Apparently the only way to get the picture back was to delete (move?) all saved games (including autosaves) and start a new game.

Oh, it did that in 1.07f? Well it doesn't do that in C3C either to my knowledge. It doesn't show any relationships right off the bat. I have to click on each head and it will show the relationship of other people.
Hm. Maybe it's just part of the upgrade to v1.29f, then. Yes, v1.07f showed all the relationships right off the bat, then if you clicked on one head it only showed you for that civilization, and you could get all of them back but I think you had to reload the game for that, or at least close the advisors & reopen.

I'm not a techie, so I can't tell for sure, but I don't think so. It doesn't sound like the same kind of issue.

Top Bottom