How Does World Settings Really Work?

fuzzy3

Chieftain
Something has been puzzling me for years, and I finally decided to ask it, after much fruitless research. Perhaps some Civ 1 veterans can help me here.

How exactly does the World setting affect the terrain type? Other than Landmass which is obvious, the rest could are not as clear. Even by experimenting with different starting conditions, most don't seem to have a clear difference or I can't seem to make any conclusive observations.

Temperature: Cool, Temperate, Warm
Climate: Arid, Normal, Wet

Of course, I can make intelligent guesses (Arid + Warm = more Deserts), but I'm looking for concrete information.

Anyone, please? If this has been answered before, please point me there!

Yiren.

Darkpanda is why I still play civ. I mean seriously, there is so much you can do with civ to make it more interesting than I thought possible.

Darkpanda is why I still play civ. I mean seriously, there is so much you can do with civ to make it more interesting than I thought possible.

I agree completely, Kirkham7. I think that is part of the fun of playing some of these old classics. We can really take the apart a little & dabble in "game design" a little. :D

Yiren.

Top Bottom