So I just upgraded to Gods and Kings

nitevision

Chieftain
As the title says, I just upgraded to G&K after a year-long hiatus from vanilla Civ5. Used to play on Warlord/Prince difficulty. What were the major gameplay changes? Anything I have to watch out for-like religion? Just fishing for some suggestions here, nothing more.

Only two major gameplay changes: religion and espionage. The rest is stuff like added units (there's a new "layer" of modern military units between industrial and WWII eras), techs, wonders, buildings, civs etc.

I have heard that they changed combat by multiplying hitpoints by about 10 and this interacts with bonus etc to make it less possible to fend off tanks with spearmen .

For early combat catapults no longer require iron in G&K.

Oh yeah, same for other siege units (edit: rocket artillery needs aluminum though!). Also, they changed naval combat: most early naval combat units are now melee units (capable of capturing cities even!). Also the late game ship power dynamic was shifted to make Missile Cruisers a definite upgrade over Battleship. I liked the old system better for supporting a more diverse navy but you can't always win...

Top Bottom