Old civs in new circumstances - your experiences with pre-BNW civs in BNW

The Inca - UU and UA seem as strong as ever but something is up with the starting bias. I rolled a new game with them last night and started out on some flood plains next to a river. Not a horrible start but I always used to get a lot of hills as Inca in G&K, which makes sense considering their unique tile improvement. Oh well just unlucky, I thought. So I rerolled. And I was on a bunch of flat land again. And again. And again.

It was annoying.

The Inca - UU and UA seem as strong as ever but something is up with the starting bias. I rolled a new game with them last night and started out on some flood plains next to a river. Not a horrible start but I always used to get a lot of hills as Inca in G&K, which makes sense considering their unique tile improvement. Oh well just unlucky, I thought. So I rerolled. And I was on a bunch of flat land again. And again. And again.

It was annoying.

Incas starting bias doesn't guarantee hills and mountains. You sometimes get those bad starts, or worse, tricked into playing a start only to find out the mountain range you started next to is the only one for a long stretch. And it's really only 1 mountain and some hills with sheep on it.

I did have 3 good starts recently. I would restart if you start poorly with incad

Incas starting bias doesn't guarantee hills and mountains. You sometimes get those bad starts, or worse, tricked into playing a start only to find out the mountain range you started next to is the only one for a long stretch. And it's really only 1 mountain and some hills with sheep on it.

I did have 3 good starts recently. I would restart if you start poorly with incad

Well I know it's no guarantee but I literally got 6 flat-as-a-pancake-not-a-hill-in-site starts in a row.

That's a lot of bad luck, especially when the unique tile improvement can ONLY be built on hill tiles.

The start I finally went with had some hills and some jungle so I am science-ing the poop out of everyone!

Top Bottom