Kashmir

Regarding the religions, Fatár is commonly identified with Odin or Thor, to the point that a lot of myths involving thor had been assimilated by samojards replacing the germanic imagery with more samojardic elements.

Viewing the spreading of the Allfather faith in the kingdom, it's very likely that a samojardic heresy of Allfather appear.

Regarding the religions, Fatár is commonly identified with Odin or Thor, to the point that a lot of myths involving thor had been assimilated by samojards replacing the germanic imagery with more samojardic elements.

Viewing the spreading of the Allfather faith in the kingdom, it's very likely that a samojardic heresy of Allfather appear.

Ah, thanks.

Anyway this is the 72 hour warning

Christos, Reus, anyone who's not on the map yet, let me know about your major cities, please!

I believe Nacala (Yibram's capital) is placed on a map in the post linked in my sig. It's the black dot with a white outline on my sign-up. The trading post of Haafi is on Socotra.

ooc: Axum, capital of the eponymous empire is missing as a major city, as are the (soon to be) Arabian cities of Aden and Mecca.

-

The far eastern cities are also obviously absent (I'd presume Chang'an [modern Xi'an] would be a major city in China, Kaifeng and Hangzhou would be likely suspects as well depending on Christos. Japan's major city I'd guess would either be round about where modern Kyoto/Osaka is, or in old Yamato province (nara prefecture) depending on how the alternate history panned out. having the main centre be in Kyushu or in the north would be unrealistic for various reasons)

OOC: Yes, Aksum, Aden, Mecca, Medina, and whatever the capitals of the various states in West Africa are certainly need to be placed on the map.
Orders will be in tonight, I hope.

ooc: Axum, capital of the eponymous empire is missing as a major city, as are the (soon to be) Arabian cities of Aden and Mecca.

I question this assertion :p.

The major Chinese cities are Jiankang (Nanjing), which is the capital of Great Sung, Chang'an, Kaifeng, Hangzhou, Ganzhou, Nanchang and Fuzhou. Also, Taipei may have been build, as in this TL Taiwan is Chinese for almost a century.

- Five Dragons Temple in Wudang Mountain

Emperor Qianlong, a devout Taoist, has ordered the construction of a huge temple on top of the Wudang Mountains, a small mountain range in the northwestern part of Hubei, to honor the God Xuan Wu, one of the higher-ranking Taoist deities, who is revered as a powerful god, able to control the elements and capable of great magic. Unlike other projects, which are usually undertaken by the Imperial Chancellor, the Emperor has decided to oversee this project by himself. Once the Temple is complete, Emperor Qianlong plans to pay respects to Xian Wu and organize a huge festive in his honor in the capital, Jiankang.

Japan's major city I'd guess would either be round about where modern Kyoto/Osaka is, or in old Yamato province (nara prefecture) depending on how the alternate history panned out. having the main centre be in Kyushu or in the north would be unrealistic for various reasons)

Pretty good guess.

Its actual capital is a tad south of Nara proper, in what's now the city of Tenri.

For further information, and for information I apparently didn't put in my big city post (whoops), the capital's name is for now:

The Grand Capital of the Divine, Blessed by Heaven, Temple of the Immortals, Sanctuary of Amaterasu, Infinite Seat of the Great King, Extension of His Solar Throne, City of the Ten Thousand Shrines, Impregnable Fortress of the Gods’ Beloved, Home of the Palatial Lanterns that Offer Sacred Light upon the Ephemerality of That the Swift River

[神の大京 天恵 仙の寺 天照大御神の聖域 治天下大王の無限な座席 治天下大王の太陽座の波及 万神社市 神愛無敵な要塞 あの迅速な川へ神聖な光を授ける豪華な灯籠の家

Kami no Daikyō Tenkei Sen-no-tera Amaterasu Ōmikami-no-seiiki chitenka daiō no mugen'na zaseki chitenka daiō no taiyō-za no hakyū Jinja-shi shin ai muteki man na yōsai ano jinsokuna kawa e shinseina hikari o sazukeru gōkana tōrō no ie]

Or for short, Kami-no-Daikyō, Daikyō, or Miyako.

Guess its moved from (Taitenka'heian-keijō) which was the "location of the royal court" noted in the pre-thread. I suppose that's not unusual given the historical Japanese predilection for moving capitals on a regular basis prior to the move to Heian-Kyo (Kyoto).

This would be an approximate 48 hour warning, I have 8 out of however many orders, so I've started doing work on the update, where I can.

In regards to cities I can't imagine that mainland SE Asia would have that many, but for the sake of making the area not look blank, the Pyu city of Beikthano, Vyadhapura in Kamboja, and the Champa capital of Indrapura would be the largest.

also pssst Patala is still in the wrong place

If you're going to do Ishfania for me, then Toletum isn't a major city. Olisipo (Lisbon) is the capital, Bragara (Braga), Merada (Merida) Tarraga (Tarracona), Lugo, and Kartoba (Corduba) are the largest poleis.

OOC: also, I'm remaking the map of Carthage's provinces and cities tonight most likely, so I can add a couple cities to the map as well.

24 hour warning

In an aside, it was pointed out to me (thanks Bair!) that apparently I can't read maps of Afghanistan and that "Kabul" is (if barely) does not contain the city of Kabul. Thus I am retconning that country to Kandahar - I will likely go back and edit the updates to reflect this, shortly.

Orders sent. Sorry about the delay.

The map is cool Thomas. Should be good for mapping trade routes, etc. The only thing is that Athens is on the peninsula above the Peloponessus, not slap bang in the middle of it. (Thats actually pretty close to the location of Corinth though)

The capital of the Samojards, Trévoulld, is located in the western shore of the Oder, in the place where current day Szczecin is.

Top Bottom