Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot! (GMR)

Hey EEE_Boy, see my response in Onan's thread. Basicly your computer hasn't been updated with the new DNS settings. :(

Hi, sorry to trouble you again.

The web server must be shut down. I can't upload save file. And can't access the website, saying shut done is in progress. Login fail for user, only admin may connect at this time.

Thank you.

Edit: sorry, it's back. Must be a temporary issue

Yeah, it might have been a temporary reboot. We're still jumping through some hoops with our hosting provider to get everything coasting smoothly. Thank you for notifying us of any issues you encounter!

Given how the core of GMR really is just moving around save files we aren't expecting any problems between GMR and G&K. That being said we will most likely update GMR to be able to distinguish between vanilla CiV games and G&K games. We'll also be pre-ordering G&K and testing it with GMR the second it's released to make sure we support it as soon as possible! :)

ah ok, thanks for the confirmation.

Just went to the site and started a game yesterday...is the server being down a common occurance?

Not usually...they've just changed providers and have been having issues since.

Hey guys, Onan's right on. We switched hosting providers a week ago as our original provider had imploded and become more or less un-responsive. So we switched to what appeared to be a much more robust and successful provider (https://www.arvixe.com/), but since switching we've been plagued with troubles including our site and/or database going offline for hours at a time.

So far their support has been almost useless. They take forever to get around to doing nothing. So we are once again actively looking for a new provider, hopefully one that doesn't suck this time. If anyone has any recommendations we'd love to consider them! :)

Question : How to...

Select your civs in the GMR please...?

:confused:

I entered the site and game and i can't select a civ. It's still random(because i already picked random i guess).

If the game hasn't started yet you can change your civilization by clicking on the blue link at the bottom of the box on the right side of the game page that says "Change your civilization". Hope that helps :)

Ok i didn't see that :blush: i will check this out soon.

I have been using the mod alot since it came out now and I am thinking of supporting.
I would like to know how pay pal works since I've never used it. If I decide to support without an account, will you see who I am right away or do I need to note my steam id somewhere? Any other information I should know when using pay pal would be helpful.

Love the mod and love reading about the games you are all playing here on the forums. Hope to join one in the future. :)

Hey Foffaren, that's awesome that you're considering supporting us, every little bit helps! :)

You don't need to have a PayPayl account to support GMR, you do however need to be signed into GMR to do it. This is because we track your SteamID with your payment process through PayPal so that we can reward you accordingly afterward :)

So all you need to do is sign in to the GMR website, click on the Support Us tab, and then click the large "Support Us" button at the bottom of the page. This will re-direct you to PayPal which will prompt you to login to a PayPal account. However you can select "Don't have a PayPal account" underneath the login form and simply provide any credit card to make the transaction.

If you have any more questions or need any more help just let me know. Looking forward to seeing you in a game! :)

However you can select "Don't have a PayPal account" underneath the login form and simply provide any credit card to make the transaction.

I hope you're not using a home-made system for that....

I hope you're not using a home-made system for that....

Oh no, at that point in the process you're on PayPal's site and all of that is done through them. The only thing we do regarding payments is direct you to PayPal :)

Thanks The_J! It's been great sharing something we love with the community and the level of positive feedback we've received is phenomenal :)

Top Bottom