How Do You Contribute To The World's Fair/International Games?

There is actually. Assign a city to produce a shared project until you have contributed the number of hammers for the prize you want, then set the city to produce something else. Let someone else produce the hammers to actually complete it.

That wasn't really the question, but yes you can do that. That is sequencing production, not splitting production (diverting some production per turn to two different build items). In fact you could (if you were a masochistic micromanager) alternate production each turn (worlds fair one turn, workshop the next, back to worlds fair next turn, back to workshop next turn, etc. etc.).

As Venice, I'm not sure what governs the AI's decision for puppet-ed cities to contribute to the project. None of my CS's contributed to the World's Fair (and I came in second by about 10 hammers!), while most of my CS's joined in on the World Games (and I way overshot in victory).

I overshot the AI in the early renaissance by well over 1000 playing Venice. I wasn't occ, but I might as well as been.

Granted Venice had triple the production of the second best capital.

Your puppets will contribute quite often too!

They did, but their production wasn't that much, and it appeared they would alternate between the games and wealth/research. Still, however, I outproduced the other AI by 1200 hammers (none of them even got the 2nd unlock which was really dumb on the AI's part).

As Venice, I'm not sure what governs the AI's decision for puppet-ed cities to contribute to the project. None of my CS's contributed to the World's Fair (and I came in second by about 10 hammers!), while most of my CS's joined in on the World Games (and I way overshot in victory).

As far as I have seen, puppets will finish what they are working on before joining in on the shared projects. Of course as Venice, if you really need those hammers, just buy what they are working on.

Top Bottom