Gandhi in BNW

Qbone

Chieftain
Is Gandhi still somewhat relevant to the game, now that its happiness bonus is mostly useless, the change to cultural victories, and with just how great Venice is?

I was just thinking about this. Where does he fit into the Brave New World?

I don't know, but I think it's safe to say that he won't be assigning delegates to ban nukes.

The happiness bonus is not useless. I can only imagine how high happiness amounts I can reach (starting a game as Gandhi right now!) and take advantage of Dictatorship of Proletariat.

The happiness bonus is not useless. I can only imagine how high happiness amounts I can reach (starting a game as Gandhi right now!) and take advantage of Dictatorship of Proletariat.

Happiness seems more crucial in BNW. Especially after the modern era where you need buckets of it.

Happiness seems more crucial in BNW. Especially after the modern era where you need buckets of it.

Er, how does this make India's UA worse? India's UA gets better the longer the game goes on. (Well, the more people they have, but highly correlated.)

India does force a certain playstyle, and it may be a bit more blatant about it, but it does have the #1 (Direct) Happiness UA in the game.

Umm. I never try India in G&K nor BNW. So I don't sure about effect of India's UA.

I guess, in G&K which you can get many "smile" with some effort. It's UA is more like a penalty, at least this is what some of people here said.

But BNW, I find myself run short of happiness (until I manage to ally with 5 CSs as Siam :D) and for some reason I just built 3 - 5 city, which means I could "save" many happiness that vital for growth and Culture Victory. I think I might try them soon.

Is Gandhi still somewhat relevant to the game, now that its happiness bonus is mostly useless, the change to cultural victories, and with just how great Venice is?

Played an emperor game to test out cultural victory as Gandhi. Got Temple of Artemis, Swords to Plowshares, Tradition finisher. Had a 40 pop city before AI had any 20 pop cities. Stacked happiness, went order early, got literally every civ to follow me in Order (because that's how Order works), and got a nice +66% bonus to my influence. Finished the game before the WC became the UN.

Not the most exciting game, but pretty powerful.

The hidden bonus from the Mughal Forts' tourism is that it comes early, so if you run GW-game and tech faster than others, find your artifacts, and establish Mughal Forts and hotels... you'll gain relative influence before the AI picks its ideology, which to avoid unhappiness, the AI will follow you into your ideology. So, India is now actually able to better create world peace in the late game than other civs. Love it.

Er, how does this make India's UA worse? India's UA gets better the longer the game goes on. (Well, the more people they have, but highly correlated.)

India does force a certain playstyle, and it may be a bit more blatant about it, but it does have the #1 (Direct) Happiness UA in the game.

I was saying that their UA might make them better now. Not that it makes them worse.

In two of the games I've played since BNW, Gandhi has basically stagnated and done very little. Idk if that was just dumb luck, but it really seemed like he just didn't have a focus.

I thought he would do well, considering the relative difficulty of happiness in BNW. I'll have to specifically enable him in future games and watch what happens.

Top Bottom