France vs. The World

Turquoiside

Emperor
1 0f 18, France vs. the World
This is my first story and post here. I plan to eventually make 18 stories for the original 18 civlizations, but for now I'll just began my tale of France.

Game Details
Level: Monarch
Map: Fantasy_Realm
Resources: Logical
Civilizations: ALL (18)
Me: Napoleon of France (Agg, Ind)
Screenshots: No because I didn't plan to make a story

Your Part:
You at the end of each chapter can select what I should have done, and then read in horror as I do it completely wrong! You can also effect how I right the story ranging from casts to .....(I'll get back to you on that) Then in 25 AD, (Or when the story reaches the game) you can see me do what you suggest. Grand, isn't it! Now on with the story!

Cast (So Far [As of 25 A.D.]): Napoleon, Moses (Great Prophet), Warrior 1.

"Would you look at this river so fertile!" said Napoleon
"Your point, sir" said Crony 1
"I don't want to leave, tell the tribe we will have an extended stay!
"Wha..............." (Crony 1)
Wait, I'm stopping this format it is too annoying to type
Napoleon: We shall stay for a days
* 1 week's time*
Crony 4 (YES 4[No you didn't miss anything]): We been here for a week longer than planned.
Napoleon: Who cares, just look at that river!
Crony 3: Well alright....
* 500 years later, 3800 B.C.*
Crony 3: Sire, we have been here for five and it seems we have formed some sort of settlement. We must act quickly....
Napoleon: I'll call it Paris!
Crony 2: No sir, the point was t-
Napoleon: Out of my sight!
He walked outside the castle carrying three clubs until he found three able-bodied men
Napoleon: You three come here!
A slender male warrior followed by two other oddly identical men came to his side Napoleon: Are you three related?
Warriors: No sir
Napoleon: But then why.....never mind. You three takes clubs, wander in a thataways direction (West) and go find another city that is led by a figure who seems to act with authority I have here. Ask for peace and then find his one city guarded by a few men. Then Take the city-state and kill its leader!
Warrior: Why do you think we will find some other lead-
Napoleon: Just do it!
And with that I want to find a civilization to destroy early and easily, as in an 18 civ map, you'll need space no matter if your in Fantasy or not.
However, a few "turns" whatever those are later, Napoleon came across three men
Napoleon: Why are you idiots still here I sent you west days ago!
Warrriors: What no you didn'-
Napoleon: Quiet! Take these clubs and go west, put a city state under French Control, now GO! Scum! And Crony 6, see that they leave this time!
So a second warrior was sent scouting....
Yet Napoleon was not pleased.
Crony 1: Sir Buddhism and Hinduism have been founded in a distant land.
Napoleon: No (bleep) way! How can that (bleep) I founded it twice! In both loads! No!
(It would seem that I somehow to settle in the wrong spot......[Don't you hate it when a unit randomly stops] and settled there. After 2 reloads I got it right and the game was set to begin with Paris in a great spot....but on both reloads, int the time to notice I was wrong I had founded Hinduism both times. [which I never found] Needless to say I was pretty angry!)
Crony 1: What is a loa-
Napoleon: Silence!
Though, my two crossed paths once, I (rather stupidly looking back on it) split them up. Sp when Warrior 1 found Arabia, Warrior 2 had to run back sharpish.
Saladin: Greetings great rag-tags of another barbarous tribe
Warrior 1: No We are a ......civilization.....and an empire!
Saladin: Well I greet you empire that is only slightly less glorious than mine!
Warrior: Whatever, wee have peace....Bye.....

So I sent my warrior to Mecca (Makkah) to get rid of Arabia
Napoleon: Saladin
Saladin: Yes random voice I cannot see?
Napoleon: Remember that tribe you found a few turns ago?
Saladin: No...
Napoleon: Than its war (bleep)!

I sent my warrior in, and see he has 20.7% odds of success!
Napoleon: Wow highest odds I've ever seen!
Crony 2: What sir?
Napoleon: What you can't see the....never mind! Just move the guy down and see if odds get better!
Crony 2: Their the same sir...(I think, let's hope he doesn't catch the bluff)
Napoleon: Then all or nothing!

The warriors clash with Mecca(Still Makkah)'s weak defenses, thinking it wouldn't fall as Saladin contributed to the fray. He thought like a madman until it became apparent war was won anyway by the French, much to the relief of the Fighters of Frances...

Saladin: Uh-oh....
As he noticed the battle was lost, he backed up against the castle door in terror...

Story Point: What do you want to happen to Saladin
A) Kill him
B) Bring to Paris and kill him :mischief:
C) Have him join the story cast!

Game Point: What should I have done with Mecca?
A) Raze it
B) Keep it as a second city
C) Keep it to use has a diplomatic bargaining point!

I attached a file that is probably (Shoud be, might be, could be) from the time I began to find and destroy Arabia. (Take note that Arabia is quite far from Paris.)

Attachments

• Andre BC-2960.Civ4SavedGame
    182 KB · Views: 89
C, make him the crazy, kooky sidekick.
B, if it's land is good. A if it's not.

The land is pretty good, food is high, hammers and gold acceptable, and it has 2 silk sources in production reach and Cow.

On the downside, it is pretty far from Paris, causing -7 gold at a pop. of 3.:sad:

for the first one, b. and for the second one, it's too far from paris, so that would
be pretty bad so, a.

Waiting for one more vote.

I've played now until the late 1700s.

As of now four more civilization have bitten the dust, with another coming soon.

For the first one b (make a good example of him in front of your people) For the second one
b if you can afford the drop in gold (you're still gaining gold with a research level 70% or higher) a if you can't

Expect the next post to come later in the day.
So I guess Saladin dies, and the vote is to keep Mecca.

Voting is open until next post.
:scan: Anyone?

Saladin backed up against the castle door in mild terror. He was trying to make it look like he would just run into his castle chamber and cower. But he knew of the secret exit he could use to get out of Mecca and on to safety! He knew he wasn't being paranoid when he had had it installed!
Unexpectedly, one of the three warriors, a quirky type, yelled in a piercing, yet gruff voice:
Warrior 1(2): Ahem, Arabian leader at the door!
Saladin smugly retorted:
Saladin: Idiot, thanks for granting me to safety!
The door opened.......and Saladin soon found a bloodied club in his face, and himself out cold.
Crony 2: Sir great news!
Napoleon: Yes minion.
Crony 2: We captured Mecca!
Napoleon: Perfect now we sha-
Crony 1: Sir, awful news! The Arabian Civilization has been destroyed!
Napoleon: What he gets for having one city.
Crony 6: Sir great news!
Napoleon: Wait! Silence! Who are you people
Crony 1: I'm your Foreign Advisor
Crony 2: I'm your Military Advisor
Crony 3: I'm your Scientific Advisor
Crony 4: I'm your Religous Advisor
Crony 5: I'm your Trade Advisor
Crony 6: And I'm your Domestic Advisor! And you must follow me!
Crony 6: TA DAAA

Napoleon: What the heck is that?
Crony 6: I call it Stonehenge!
Napoleon: Get me a few villagers!
*cue waiting music*
Napoleon: What do you think of this!
Villager 1: Awe-inspiring
Villager 2: Pretty
Villager: It makes me want to write books about religion and become a prophet!
Napoleon: ???
Crony 6: Amazing, no?
Napoleon: No!
Crony 6: Oh, and this somehow tells us that we are near the bottom right hand corner of the map.....whatever a map is.
Crony 3: Master, we have discovered the secrets of Polytheism, Priesthood and Writing!
Crony 1: Sir, the warriors want to bow what to do with the city.
Napoleon: Keep it. Simple as that.
Crony 1: Oh, and the scout brought the Arabian leader back.
Napoleon: WHAT!
A smile soon spread upon Napoleon's face
Napoleon: Tell all the villagers to arrive at town center, and have Saladin be on the stage.
The town center was simple an empty space near the center of town that contained a small platform that the French called a stage. As of now, the center was full of all of Paris looking at the curious foreigner on the stage.
Napoleon soon strode in and threw a club at Saladin, then broke the crude ropes binding him.
Napoleon: Fight for your land Saladin! If you kill me, you are free and Paris is yours, Mecca is given to you, your free, you get it.
He turned to his audience.
Napoleon: And you, will see what happens to those who dare oppose our great city-state!
He turned on Saladin in a fury, hacking at him with all his might. Saladin was well known in Arabian as its best fighter, clawing his way to the top with brute force. But he was no match for Napoleon.
Saladin lunged at Napoleon, only to be parried and have the wind knocked out of him by Napoleon's club. He hadn't taken in a sliver of air when he had his hand pinned between Napoleon's club due to his lousy reform. He dropped his club which Napoleon grabbed with his foot. He threw it up with his foot and managed to insert the club between Saladin's shirt and stomach. He bashed both of his hand so they wouldn't be a factor, and raised his club while align Saladin's neck with its path.
Napoleon: THIS is what happens to those who oppose Paris!
He swung with all his might, and after the swing, The tree his club had been made form had more life than Saladin of Arabia.

Story Point: Next Chapter focus:
A) More on Paris (Napoleon), less on Mecca.
B) Equalize between the two
C) More on Mecca, less on Paris (Napoleon)

No attached file this time.

B, You have 2 cities after all

So I finally had time to play and write again today. Great, right? Not entirely.: When I went to load my save, it turned out to be: not there. Right. EVERY one of my saves were gone!:sad: All those good times! I even had Alexander on "Friendly"! Alexander on "Friendly"!:cry: Anyway, expect the next post tomorrowor later today.

Napoleon: Take this to be washed. Oh and, have someone clean 'it' up
He handed his club to Crony 2, who then made sure a resident of Paris did away with Saladin.
Back at the small fort called a palace by the French:
Crony 1: Sir! I think it is time for me to do my job!
Napoleon: I think it's time for you to be less vague! What is it?
Crony 1: This women wants to see you. She calls herself Catherine.
Crony 4: And this way of Judaism has been founded in a distant land. And no, I have no clue as to how I know that.
And so, France met its first :hammer: second neighbor. Yet soon more Napoleonic figures arrived. First, was a man dressed in blue robes with a long beard, somewhere south of Paris. Next was a skinny fellow, from a land he called India, just west of Russia.
Napoleon had an upstairs window fashioned in the fort-palace. He looked upon his kingdom in reverie. His scientist had just recently fine-tuned the ways of Mining and Masonry. Without those advances, he would have to have viewed it from the ground level! As he started to nod off, he hard Crony 4 began to say 'Christianity has been founded i-". He tuned out the rest. Stupid Crony. It was good to be king. :king:
Warrior 1, (Now MoM [Mayor of Makkah]) was baffled at the sight he saw in the center of Mecca. A pillar had just appeared randomly there, crushing an unfortunate citizen.
MoM: And you say it just appeared there?!?
Generic Makkan: Yes! I blink its there!
The mayor was about to work a fine temper until he saw the admiration in the eyes of everyone around him. The monument would greatly give the city a boost! He then add an idea. A building.....to receive divine messages like this one! "The Oracle" he thought...yes that is what he would call it!
The city was abuzz with hard labor! The woeful residents of Makkah were relived when it was almost done.
MoM: Halt produce!
Makkan Dwellers: Yay!
MoM: Stop working on this and work on this! He showed an elaborate drawing of a building he called "The Parthenon".
All the Makkans groaned as they left to construct this new wish of their mad ruler, while said ruler fine-tuned the structure. (I actually stopped to get Monotheism, as I always forget that you need it for Theology.)
Soon however, the building the Oracle was completed. The mayor walked in, taking in the building's beauty. His mind went blank and he saw religion. A cross is all he saw.....
He soon worked to spread this religion throughout Makkah, and it soon became the religon of Makkah.
MoM: Everyone, get working on that Parthenon. Except you.
He pointed at a man in the procession.
MoM: Yes, I have a special job for you. Do you remember that man with the grey beard named..... ah Bismarck I think it was. Picture how he looked. Now, go north with this:
He handed him a bundle of all things vital to a Christian.
MoM: And teach the people of a 'capital' looking place like this about religion. Bye!
So, I began to spread my religion to the world.
But Makkah had more glory in store. It soon completed the Parthenon, which pleased the mayor to no end.
MoM: It is great! You Makkans have outdone yourselves! Even better, last night I had a dream of a giant pillar in our ports..... a great house with a light visible for miles! Guessd where you come in? That's right you wi-
He was then knocked senseless by a small work shovel. His advisors with no objection to the deed at all, carried the mayor to his house :hammer:
Crony 4: Sir? Sir?
Napoleon slowly came to his senses.
Crony 4: Qin Shi Huang converted to Christianity sir.
Napoleon: Who is that? The skinny guy? What is Christianity?
Crony 1: No, the one who is mentioned in the reports of Makkah, brought her by the messenger.
Crony 4: And Christianity is the religion of Makkah sir, post-Saladin.
Napoleon: Religion? Wow, how long did I sleep?
Crony 1: Few hundred years, like your cronies always do.
Crony 4: Now, should we make Christianity our State Religion? It would make Qin our ally and add happiness to our Empire. Plus, we know none of the other three religions.
Napoleon: Fine. We will convert.
So, I now have two wonders, a religion, and ally. Things are starting to look great!

Story Point: I plan to make next section about Confucianism entirely, as I don't plan to mention it after that. I do have a few gaps to fill before that, so should I:
A) Do All Confucianism next, I don't want it randomly appearing throughout the rest of the story.
B) No! If it isn't important leave it out.
C) Do the Confucianism chapter after you fill in all the gaps in the next chapter, I don't want a rushed story.

Game Point: Should I:
A) Expand now
B) Try to build a military and spread religion
C) Go for wonders

No attached files.

1. a)

2. a) [Rule of acquisition number ninety-something-or-other: Expand or die ]

Moses the Great Prophet was born in Paris ca........750 B.C.. Moses was born with a thirst for knowledge and at the age of 21 he had read almost all documented knowledge of France. At this time, France was already a Christian Nation, and was prospering nicely, one of the most advanced empires in the world. For a long time, he believed France to have knowledge no other nations had. But, when he journeyed north to Russia as a trader he stopped to listen to a Russian scholar. He told him of Meditation, an Moses was instantly baffled. How could an empire as grand as France not know a secret that the Russians, and later he found the Persians and Indians had know since Arabia existed? He marched straight to the palace of Napoleon and demanded he research it.
Crony 3: Interesting....since Arabia you say.
Napoleon: I don't care how many empires know it, you do not come with out scheduling!
Moses was kicked out of the palace fuming, while Crony 3 secretly began to work out the problem. He soon grew old and retired from the trading life, never having visited Makkah. The Head of the Scientific Research of France, noticed that he was living for quite more than the average Frenchmen. He recruited him and used his skills to aid in getting the technology he had heard of from Russia.
Yet he still didn't die, being the longest living normal Frenchmen ever recorded in the French Records. He retired once more....but continued his work alone. He began re-writing all the knowledge he read of, recording it for future generations.
He was soon reminded of how fragile life was under the current French ways.
Almost all of his retirement fund had been robbed because he was no longer contributing to the better of French. He was broke and out of options.
His wife had died along with all of the people from his 'young' life. His grandson, took him in however. A young man, he always helped his grandparent when ever he could. Moses was revitalized once he moved in, and began work on a new system he planned for France: a better system of society.
He presented the laws on a tablet which was erased by being soaked in water.
Napoleon: I'm the ruler, I make the laws!
Crony 3: But your contribution to French academics will be cherished for centuries!
Backk at home,
Moses: Gah!
GGS (Great grandson): What is it?
Moses: This bloody nation dares say it is Christian, yet I went out today. I asked through the streets if anyone knew what Christianity was about! Guess what? No single one had a clue!
Moses: I will make sure they have religion!
GGS: Huneh?
He sat down, locked his room door and began writing down what he believed. He called this way Confucianism. He vainly tried to spread this religion to Paris but failed misreably
GGGD: What did you expect? These insane people are willing to not trick themselves to believe they know what they believe!
The husband of Moses' great-great-grand daughter ran into the room.
GGGD Husband: Run! Napoleon has a band of warriors and is coming to kill you!
Moses stood, ready to fight for his religion. He picked up his bedsheet and place the 8 tablets of Confucianism in the middle. He tied it together, used his walking stick as a hook and made a travel-easy sack. Turning the couple he said
Moses: Run to Makkah! You might have more luck there! Spread the word of the Confucian he opened up the backdoor and let them go.
GGGH Hus: Why don't you come too?
Moses: They'll find me. Now go.
Napoleon came a few minutes after the couple left.
Crony 4: Heathen!:thumbsdown:
Napoleon: Crony 2, shut her up.
Crony 2: Using his old club knocked out the advisor on religion with a heavy yet light swoop of his club.
Napoleon: For crimes against the holy religion of France, you will be drowned to death in the river outside of Paris. I do adore that river...;)
Moses: Never!
Using an old decorative club his father gave to him of dried clay, he lunged at the second man, and aimed straight for the neck, and would have left his stone-dead if Napoleon hadn't kicked his hand.
Dropping the club in pain he backed up against the small house wall. He managed to run at them again, run past them and out the door, suffering numerous and almost fatal blows along the way. The second and recently revived fourth crony and Napoleon were catching up fast, and due to his age Moses tripped:old:. Crony 4, grabbing Crony 2's club ended the life of Great Prophet Moses, father of Confucianism, discoverer of Code of Laws, with a forceful bash to his bald head.
His great-great-grandson-in-law was slightly luckier. He convinced very few Makkans of Confucianism, but enough to in a few years make it the second religion of Makkah and France, the holy land being Makkah. Yet, vengeful Christians broke into his house and killed him, but accidently letting his wife escape with the Confucian tablets. She wasn't weak and ran, ran far and wide, and eventually landed in Germany, a western empire.
It isn't clear which of the two German cities first became Confucian. Not a single missionary went into those cities, and the only planned Confucian Missionary was killed, as mentioned above, thought to be due to the actions of the Mayor of Makkah. Yet, French historians do know that while Cologne and Frankfurt were in contention for this title, Cologne is most plausible as the first Confucian German city.
Story Point: More special GP stories?:
A) For sure
B) No!
C) In moderation.

No game point or attached files.

The Cast so far: Napoleon, The Cronies, Warrior 1.

Crony 1: Bad news, sir
Napoleon: What? Mansa' s next door? Catty's already backstabbed? What?
Crony 4: Bismarck has converted to Confucianism.
Napoleon: Wha? You mean...oh well I'll get him right yet!
Crony 3: We have also discovered the secrets of (Pretty much all of 'Page 1' the first window of techs when you open up the screen.)
Napoleon: Excellent!
Crony 1: Oh and we have neighbors.
Napoleon: Yes, I already know!
Crony 1: No I mean more. The Makkah reports tell us of China, and Germany. While we also have a figurehead from Spain, waiting for an audience, as well as one from America, Inca, Aztec nation, and the guy south of Makkah:
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Napoleon: Crony 2, remind me to kill him later, and tell the citizens they expand or we:
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Adopt
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Slavery:eek:

Crony 2: *scribbles on tablet* Kill Musa Got it! *leaves*
Crony 4: *Picks up tablet and rewrites* Convert Musa Better.
Roosevelt: I will wait no longer! Where is this Napoleon fellow leads this so-called nat-.....oh.:( Do you want peace?:blush:
Napoleon: Sure. Hey, shouldn't you be warring with those Incans by now?
Roosevelt: Not following you....
Crony 1: Sources indicate that you should right about know declare war on the Incans.
Roosevelt: I couldn't do that my bestest bud!:)
Napoleon::hmm:
Roosevelt: :)
Napoleon: :twitch:
Roosevelt::(
Napoleon::(
Roosevelt: :confused:
Napoleon: :nono:
Roosevelt: Goodbye.
Crony 3: Well that was.......special
Musa: Cower before my crown
Napoleon: Look, if I give you please will you promise to not come back?
Musa: No.
Napoleon: Fine, we have peace.
Monty: Peace?.....I remember bugone days of this 'peace'.
Napoleon: You're at war?
Monty: Yeah, with some unimportant nation called-
Crony 1: NO NATION IS UNINPORTANT! SHAME FOR THIN-
Napoleon: *looks at club used to bashed Crony* Why do I still have this?
Musa: Indeed, that is a fine example of primitivity right there.
Napoleon: Primitiv- oh whatever. I agree peace to with both of you now shoo!
*Musa and Monty exit*
Napoleon: Glad that's over.
???: HEATHEN!!!!
Napoleon: Oh gosh, its some crazy lady.
Crony 1: I believe is Isabella, sir.
Isabella: HEATHEN!!!!
Napoleon: Do you want peace?
Isabella: HEATHEN!!!!
Napoleon: What does it mean?
Crony 1: I don't know, I don't know!
Isabella: HEATHEN!!!! HEATHEN!!!! HEATHEN!!!! HEATHEN!!!! HEATHEN!!!! HEATHEN!!!! HEATHEN!!!! HEATHEN!!!! HEATHEN!!!! HEATHEN!!!! HEATHEN!!!!
[pissed]
Napoleon: Oh no, she fainted. MUSA!!!!!
Musa: Yessssssssssssssssss!?!
Napoleon: Take this home for me, thanks leave or I'll kill you..,
Musa: :(
Story Point: Continue with the AI format?
A) No.
B) Yes.
C) Abstain.

Game Point: War Time?
A) No.
B) Yes.
C) Abstain.

Hauyna: Ummmmmm......goodbye.....
Napoleon: Well, now that he's gone, cronies report!

Crony 6: Orleans has been founded southwest of Paris, sir.
Crony 2: Now, can we please get a military, out 4 Warriors and 1 Archer army is just pathetic.
Crony 5: Luckily, we are about to hook up some iron.
Crony 3: We have now researched Mathematics and Alphabet and Construction.
Crony 1: And Qin, Bismarck, Catherine and three other people are here to see you.
Napoleon: Send Qin in.
Qin: Want to trade some deer for corn?
Napoleon: No, SEND IN BISMARCK
Qin: Darn
Bismarck: Want Open Borders?
Napoleon: Yes, I need to start converting you anyway?
Bismarck: What?
Napoleon: Never mind, just tell a new guy to come in.
????: Hey leader of....France? Want peace.
Napoleon: If I didn't know any better I'd say you were older than Ghandi.
Julius: Well...I don't what a Ghandi is but.........
Napoleon: I'll give you peace if you leave.
Julius: Perfect!
????: Hello! Ah a monarch!
Napoleon: I'm a despot, not a-
Victoria: I don't care. God commands us to look after or lessers....
Napoleon: You don't even have a religion.
Victoria: (Oh no, he's on to me!) So, do we have peace:shifty:
Napoleon: Yeah sure.....
Catherine: Napoleon! I sure you've heard of my war against Gandhi!
Crony 1: *slinks out*
Napoleon: No.....
Catherine: Oh.... well I DoW him a while back....want to help?
Napoleon: Oh sure why not....

And so the war begins......
Toku: Hey, I didn't get any lines!
Napoloen: Why go through the peace process with you, you just south-west of me. An idiot can tell that you'll Dow me 20 turns later.

Story Point: What will next story be on:
A) Mecca
B) Paris
C) Ghandi
Game Point: What to do against Ghandi
A) Nothing, avoid WW
B) Contribute here and there
C) All out mobolization!

1. C)
2. C) (After you build up your army)

1. B
2. C

Well this story is currently on hold. I might continue this game, as I can still win, but Mansa is about three eras ahead of everyone. All I can do is culture spam. Until next time.

Top Bottom