• Taoism

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • Christianity

Votes: 189 26.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 34 4.7%

• Total voters
Confuncianism because I always wreck my economy early and need the courthouses

Hinduism or Buddhism since either I found it or others spread it to me.

I dont play spiritual leaders much, so I seldom get the early religions.

Depending on the leader Im playing, I will aim for the oracle while having monotheism+writing, so I slingshot myself to theocracy. Usually Im not the first to get judaism, but at least I get christianity with this start.

Confucianism. COL is easy to get first, with or without Oracle. It's a very useful tech anyway and the cheapest religion tech to come with a free missionary.

I don't get any religions; I replaced them with "World Cultures." :)

Hmm, I find it funny that all of your "World Cultures" are founded by people who aren't, by definition, part of those cultures in real life. For example, Nordic Culture would have been better for Vikings or Russians, European for English, French or German (even Americans, if you will), Classical for Romans or Greeks, African for Egyptians, Ethiopians or Zulues, Asian for Chinese or Japanese, Nomadic for Native Americans or Mongols and Sumerian for... Sumerians :lol:. Anyway, I think it is a good mod. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually play with "choose religions" on. So I can pick whatever religion I want. I usually get Monotheism first (thus I would usually found Judaism) but I generally pick Christianity because I like the noise it makes the best.

hi ,

it depends , or Taoism or Judaism

have a religious day :)

i am surprised that taoism gets so little love, i nearly always found it with my first GS

goodmorning ,

unknown is unloved :mischief: :D

at least one other player :cool: , so does this mean we are both nuts , ..... ?

have a surprising day

Judaism, because I am Jewish, and because I like the little picture for Monotheism.

I dont play spiritual leaders much, so I seldom get the early religions.

Depending on the leader Im playing, I will aim for the oracle while having monotheism+writing, so I slingshot myself to theocracy. Usually Im not the first to get judaism, but at least I get christianity with this start.

I do the exact same thing. :)

In the Vanilla and Warlords version I usually got Christianity, but in BtS I sometimes turn on "choose religions" which means whatever religion I adopt is not limited by tech

BTW: Nordic should probably be Norse: Hail Thor, supreme commander of the Asgard fleet!!!

I usually get Christianity, in a beeline for Writing. Get Oracle, use it for Theology and get Christianity. If I miss the Oracle, I usually get Stonehenge, so I then use the GP for it.

To be honest, I'd be happy with any religion I could get early on.

There always seems to be more important things to research early on so I tend to miss out on the early religions... sometimes I get Judaism but it's rare.

The most common religion I get is Christianity, it just comes at a convenient part of the game where I can afford stuff like that and usually other civilizations haven't snatched it up.

If I miss it but still really want a religion for whatever reason, I can usually still get Islam if I try. Divine Right is a bit of a pain though.

I usually prefer christianity, it will give me a more convenient feeling than other religions when I am playing as I am a Christian in real life. Secondly I may choose Confucism as it was the national philosophy of China( besides, I didn't consider Confucism as a religion at all, although it might be considered as one of a teaching of philosophy).

Top Bottom