Votes: 150 20.6%
  • Taoism

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • Christianity

Votes: 189 26.0%
  • Islam

Votes: 34 4.7%

• Total voters
I always use/found Christianity because I usually get beat to Buddhism, Hinduism, and Judaism and because the faster you get to it the faster you get Theocracy so other people can't spread their state religion into your empire.

Im not too picky, so I usually choose what I can get

In many games, even though i found 1-3 of the 7 religions, i do not convert... Maybe we should add the "no religion" out here too :)

However, i did vote Hinduism as it is usually the 1st i hit

Christianity-my "real life" religion
Rarely I'll use Isabella's religion when I really need her on my side.

I pick Christianity because I like to use the oracle to get theology, and that way I can get my own religion without worrying too much on getting an early one. But another reason is because I like how the Christian buildings look; I like the color of it too.

I once picked Islam, but I won't anymore...when I got the Divine Right tech, I decided to convert for the hell of it; I was hinduist, I believe, and so was everyone else, and they loved me; when I convert...yeah. I kind of got eliminated...:cry: It just comes too late to be of any significance :)lol: the historical irony of it all...)

Actually I prefer to NOT convert....for cultural value reasons, and not hitting the negatives in running into civs with a different religion...

Though those prompts from others asking me to convert, hurts me at times....

The power of the oracle...imagine this a world where 60% of the population is christian and I have the holy city!

I get Confucianism usually because I always try the Oracle and then choose Code of Laws (on Prince difficulty).

When I'm going to play higher difficulties, I think Taoism will be mine probably because of Liberalism, like Cabert pointed out.

I usually go for Hinudism, since I know that my opponents are most likely going for Buddhism. And when someone gets Buddhism, I've already almost gotten Hinudism.

One time I actually got both lol

Budism or hinduism ... cause i always play like a leader of spiritual .... more religions - more happinies :D

I voted Christianity in this poll months ago, but have since come around to Taoism (in the game, not in real life). That is, I'll go after Taoism if I'm trying to found my own religion. Reason is that philosophy is the only religious tech it's important to get to first for reasons other than founding the religion. If you get to philosophy after somebody else, you're in trouble in the race for liberalism.

Some of the other religion-founding techs are useful - like code of laws - but you really don't need to be there first. You can always just trade for them later.

I usually get Judiasm because It's the first thing I can get to.

Four more voters untill we reach 400!

I never get Hinduism, Buddhism and Judism, and usually a few turns after Judaism is founded, I would get a great prophet which would lead to Christianity...... Confusician sometimes too

403 voters :D

Top Bottom