The most epic warrior ever?

Bigv32

Prince
Ok before you read further think about the warrior unit. Many may think it is mostly useless except early in the game. That is true, but a resent prince pangea, aggressive AI, with always war, and every AI was against me and on the same team. This was a duel map with 18 AI (custom game) and a one city challenge. I kept regenerating until I found something I liked. I was lucky. I got a peninsula with cows and pigs as well as a fish and crab. I also latter found it had copper and iron on two plains forested hills. Needless to say that this was the perfect spot and there was a one square choke point which was perfect. THat point was a forested hill. To top it all off, there was a goody hut. When I settled my city I got a warrior.

Now I was cathrine, so culture was not a worry. I was happy because Monty and Shaka were right outside my peninsula. I sent the warrior to the hill and fortified him. Within a few minutes, My warrior had been attacked. He survived, but barely. I promoted him the the first guerilla and left him. It was my first serious epic game, so I started off badly. I build another warrior and researched techs so I could get the fish and crab. Meanwhile, my warrior continued to get attacked. I continued to promote hiim with good defensive techs. Every other warrior I sent would be destroyed when my main warrior got hurt.

It was after my warrior had got promoted and was at level seven yes seven, that I realized I could let him do all the work. I also did not expect to win anyway, so I left him alone except for one other warrior which had survived and I had promoted to be a medic. Now that I felt ok, I worked on my city. I hooked all my resources up and teched to get axemen. I could not upgrade my warrior, but I could build axemen. Anyway, I built up a massive army of three axement and a spearman. I attacked and destroyed monty and then shaka a few turns latter. Also, by this time, I was discovered and attacked by every other AI, but still, even against Axemen, my warrior lived. Eventually, my tech fell behind and I could not get my troops close enough to attack there cities. I luckily got to build a fortress on the hill, but it was not enough. Five turns after I upgraded my warrior to an axeman, he died. By then, he had every good defensive promotion (including the combat strand) and a warlord. I was giving him promotions that only work if you attack. I believe, that that warrior was the most epic unit I ever had and will probably ever have. That is why I called him "epic".

Whoah. That was an awesome warrior. I bet he was mourned just as much as Jack and Squat (the former musketman (became infantry) and knight (became cavalry) of Sumeria) were.

Nice, but let me introduce you to : BOB the axeman.

And remember, this was vanilla civ.

I once had an amazing maceman that captured the enemy capitol, defended it single handedly against Isabella and Genghis Khan, I made him the sole defender of my capitol, until i DOWed China and, as an upgraded Mech infantry, he captured 15, yes, 15 cities, singlehandedly and never died, I will never have a better maceman

Top Bottom