Isabella: Queen of Spain

Gooblah

Heh...
Isabella: Queen of Spain
by Gooblah

This story is part of a series I intend to complete before Civilization V comes out. It describes the adventures of the kings, queens, and tyrants of the world in the amazing Earth1000AD scenario accompanying Civilization IV and expanded in Beyond the Sword. The map holds 18 Civilizations (Aztec, Inca, Spain, France, England, Holy Rome, Russia, Vikings, Byzantium, Arabia, Mali, India, China, Khmer, Japan, Korea, Mongolia) in roughly accurate empire sizes and technological levels. I've changed a few things in this map (adding Metal Casting to all Civilizations that know Machinery, for example), but nothing too drastic. These stories will be told in different styles. For the most part, a modern textbook-style narrative using "historical" maps, information, and opinions. Sometimes, I will delve into a more character-focused narrative; these will feature dialogue, events, and other such things that occur in this world. Screenshots will be rare, if they occur at all, though I will use the 'maps' to show what is going on in the world at any given time. I recieve my inspiration from the greats of this part of the forum: Sisutil, with his amazing Princes of the Universe, democratickid and his epic Pangaea Wars, and finally EverNoob's Fall From Heaven II series.

And so, we commence! I hope you, the reader, will love to read this story as much as I enjoy writing it!

-------------------

And so, in the year 1000 Anno Domini, the fierce leader of our nation would step forward to take her place as righteous Queen of Spain. In a time of turmoil, confusion, and anarchy she and seventeen others took their strides to their various thrones, were crowned, and began the momentous task of guiding their respective empires, kingdoms, dictatorships, and nomadic tribes to supremacy. Each of these leaders was immortal – able to live past illness and wounds deadly to mortal man. The only way to kill one of these immortals was to deliver a deadly blow by any weapon. There is still no explanation for why these beings were immortal; offspring lived no longer than any other man of their era, so heredity is ruled out. Religious figures from the past and present, and probably the future, have attested and will attest their powers as a gift from God. This explanation has been set aside by the scientific community, however, since there is no way to test this statement.
At any rate, you, the reader, have opened this tome to understand what the causes of our present time are. And within this tome (and many others) you will hear a point of view which you will debate within your mind as true or false. There can be only one answer; mind that you choose well or lose sight of what comes ahead.

~ an excerpt from The History of Spain; by Cristobal the Elder.

Is this a sequel to the Suryavarman story, then?

Good luck on your Holy War... at least, that's what I suppose is coming with Izzy in the lead. :D

Top Bottom