Romantic farewell

sebsone

Chieftain
It was 3:00 AM, I couldn't quit hitting the Next turn button, and didn't feel like stopping before invading Mehmet II with some Mech Infantry.

I gathered an army that was to be the frist wave of attack, and entered enemy territory with my stack. War had begun. Right before hitting next turn, I decided to send in an ancient Warrior unit along with my modern army into enemy territory, as some kind of semi-civilian war administrator of future garrisons after a successful attack, you guys probably get the picture (he had a medic upgrade and is generally useful when pillaging).

Well, now, here comes what may have been my imagination (remember, it was 3:00 AM and I must have been pretty tired): The second I moved the warrior into enemy territory, while moving in, this Warrior turned around while sliding backwards into enemy territory while waving good bye to his homeland and making a sad sound of farewell.

Could this be real? Was I imagining things or hallucinating? I guess that could be programmed, but it's really a too specific to be worth the programming effort, I'd say. Plus it has never happened again. I conclude it was probably my immagination. Still could be programmer's humour :)

Any similar experiences?

Warriors tend to take overly large turns. This could have been what you saw that night, as it sometimes does not complete the turn but keeps moving in the direction wanted.

Top Bottom