Glory of the SPRRR (Senate and People of the Real-senate Republic of Rome)(RFC RAND)

I agree to the 3-way Coalition.

Excellent! :goodjob: THE GRAND MILITARISTIC COALITION shall rise to glory, shall it not?

I think that WIM and Dom should be the two Councils, since their parties have the most votes. If we have vice councils, I would like to be a vice council, because I am the third party member, if not then can I be the Minister of the Interior.

:D

lol, I hope the militaristic parties don't go over the top, or Rome might go to an early grave from the loss of stability to over expansion.

anyway I updated to vote tally
Senate elections of 610 BC
Bel 4
Imp 3
Lib 2
Nit 1
Ind 0

The Grand Militaristic Coalition 8 votes
Unaligned 2 votes
As this election seems as good as done, with the permission of Omega, can I close the polls tonight?

I support this.

Also, remember, I am in their coalition, and I'm a moderate. I'll keep them in check;)

Excellent! :goodjob: THE GRAND MILITARISTIC COALITION shall rise to glory, shall it not?

I think that WIM and Dom should be the two Councils, since their parties have the most votes. If we have vice councils, I would like to be a vice council, because I am the third party member, if not then can I be the Minister of the Interior.

:D

I agree.

Ok, it is time for the consuls to start thinking about their administration. Based on the votes, WIM is garenteed to be a consul, the second Consul will be either Dommy or Omega, depending on whether or not 2 people vote for Omega. In the result of a tie, Dommy will win for being in a larger coalition.
Praetor: Leader of the Army. 1 of 3 great general units I am about to gift Rome. Together the 2 consuls and the Praetor control the entire Roman army. If military stategies for war put forth by him are agreed by both Consuls, then it will not go forth to the senate.
Quaestor: Leader of Finance. He puts forth suggestions for tax rate (how high the tech rate, gold rate are). Also puts forth of the suggestions for building for the city of Roma, and what tiles are worked. He also puts forth suggestions for what techs are to be researched.
Aedile: Interior. He puts forth suggestions for what improvements the workers build.
Governors: Appointed by the senate, the governors have control over the construction of there territory. They have full power over their region, however the senate can strip them of this power and replace them. However the governors do not vote in any issues, as they live to far away from Rome to voice there opinion.
If in the result there are not sufficient spots in the senate, the Aedile and Questor can be played by the same person. If there are still not sufficient spots, I will take over for the Governors.
The consuls can also put forth suggestions for any of the positionsdecisions. Other then the Praetor suggestions, All suggestions go strait to the senate to be voted on. Majority rules however a consuls have the right to veto suggestions.

edit: realized I had a major typo. It was suppose to be decisions not positions. My bad.

Consuls
Wait wait. So parties within their own coalition can BOTH become Consuls? So what is the point of the coalition... oh wait i see the coalition allows small parties to band together to overcome big ones and also a coalition membership will break a tie between a unaligned party and the leading coalition member.

- I had originally assumed that the coalition only gets one consul seeing as it is one political entity. Why isn't Omega the automatic second consul as the largest unaligned party? Are you saying that the consul arn't two opposing leaders but two differing leaders from within one political coalition (unless the unaligned party has more votes then the ones within the coalition)

If i'm understanding it right now it is indeed far less complicated as it's just a form of power sharing and not a fully fledged secondary leader. But can you make this more clear in the opening text. None of this stuff is even mentioned and the bits that are mentioned don't seem clear.

-

On the new Titles
Are these titles going to change every time the consuls are voted into power? If they arn't can we get the titles and their descriptions and abilities onto the front page instead of here.

Clarification: The Admin makes the choice of positions to be voted upon by the senate. The person who gets the most votes becomes that position but the two consuls can veto this decision and force a revote or cancel it entirley.

Correct? (sorry if this is getting a bit much but i like knowing what is happening and as the first page doesn't list some things and those it does are not explained clearly i am finding i'm asking lots of clarifying questions)

-

Votes
I vote for the Liberation party to make it tied for the second most votes, i hope that they can become a consul to get a truely divided duel leadership.

I also break my own rules slightly and vote for the Independent party. The members of the Grand Military Coalition do not need any more votes but if the liberation party becomes the second consul no-one will be the opposition leader. This vote is to make the independent party the opposition if the Liberation leader manages to become the second consul.

- I had originally assumed that the coalition only gets one consul seeing as it is one political entity. Why isn't Omega the automatic second consul as the largest unaligned party? Are you saying that the consul arn't two opposing leaders but two differing leaders from within one political coalition (unless the unaligned party has more votes then the ones within the coalition)
Yes, it may not make sense, but if you think about it, they would just disband their coalition, kicking one of the members out so that member becomes Consul. It makes coalitions simpler, I debated with my self the pro's and con's to this and in the end decided two members for the same coalition can be consul. However this is still up for debate. (I might be able to be swayed)

The Admin makes the choice of positions to be voted upon by the senate. The person who gets the most votes becomes that position but the two consuls can veto this decision and force a revote or cancel it entirley.
The consuls choose who takes what rule in the admin, they both have to agree or come to a compromise. If this takes to long the senate will vote on it instead.
The admin (and/or consuls) gives suggestions on what bills the senate should pass (Praetor suggest where the armies should move. Quaestor what techs to research etc). The consuls have the power to veto a specific option in the vote or cancel the vote entirely. I will be add this to the front page.

Due to the speed in which every member of this thread voted. I am moving the election to end on Monday instead of Friday. We now have 4 days instead of 8.

Yes, it may not make sense, but if you think about it, they would just disband their coalition, kicking one of the members out so that member becomes Consul. It makes coalitions simpler, I debated with my self the pro's and con's to this and in the end decided two members for the same coalition can be consul. However this is still up for debate. (I might be able to be swayed)

The consuls choose who takes what rule in the admin, they both have to agree or come to a compromise. If this takes to long the senate will vote on it instead.
The admin (and/or consuls) gives suggestions on what bills the senate should pass (Praetor suggest where the armies should move. Quaestor what techs to research etc). The consuls have the power to veto a specific option in the vote or cancel the vote entirely. I will be add this to the front page.

Due to the speed in which every member of this thread voted. I am moving the election to end on Monday instead of Friday. We now have 4 days instead of 8.

End it now!!! End it now!!! 4 days is WAY too slow!

And if two counsuls could not serve from the same coalition I'd just form a secret de facto coalition yet officially break it off:p

Ok, guys, earlier I made a Huge spelling error which really confused Ravus. I just corrected it and bolded the error. Sorry if this cause alot of confusion. As soon as 1 more person votes, I will consider ending elections

Ok, I hereby close the election. The only senator who hasn't voted is Mr. Banana, and he will probably vote for Imp and War. This election is over, well fought Omega. Government Positions:
Consuls: WIM and Dommy
Tribune: Omega
Praetor: ???
Queastor: ???
Governor of Mediolunom: ???
Governor of Greece: ???
Governor of Italia (Trusca and Arretium): ???
Please note, as an independent, in neither coalition, Ravus is allowed to be a governor. This time there are 7 spots in the administration and counting Ravus there are 7 members. WIM and Dommy now have the opportunity to decide which member goes where. The have till tomorrow night to agree. If they are unable to cooperate(which they should considering they are in the same coalition), we will take this to the senate on Sunday.

Ok, I hereby close the election. The only senator who hasn't voted is Mr. Banana, and he will probably vote for Imp and War. This election is over, well fought Omega. Government Positions:
Consuls: WIM and Dommy
Tribune: Omega
Praetor: ???
Queastor: ???
Governor of Mediolunom: ???
Governor of Greece: ???
Governor of Italia (Trusca and Arretium): ???
Please note, as an independent, in neither coalition, Ravus is allowed to be a governor. This time there are 7 spots in the administration and counting Ravus there are 7 members. WIM and Dommy now have the opportunity to decide which member goes where. The have till tomorrow night to agree. If they are unable to cooperate(which they should considering they are in the same coalition), we will take this to the senate on Sunday.

WIM said I could pick since he's leaving.

@Omega- Do not oppose the right of Rome to expand. Do not oppose all that we stand for or be wary of the consequences.

@Ilduce- I'm sure its in the rules but can you tell me what each position does?

@Duke of Britain- Welcome to the Imperial Party:)

I would like to join the Imperialistic party if possible.

Welcome:)

What are you going to do? Pelt war cries at me? Bleed on me?

Our coalition is rising, if you attempt to stop us, we will simply overrule your party and everything it tries to do. We do not need to compromise with you, we have our supermajority to rule over the Senate and the Consuls.

And with that, I declare myself and WIM to compete with each other for temporary dictator. Libertarian fools should not have the power to compete with Almighty, glorious Rome. We therefore call ourselves temporary dictators.

So our glorious party leader care to give me some info on the situation of our glourious nation. I know we have managed to counquer Graecia already. That's wonderful.

Consuls: WIM and Dommy (Leaders)
Tribune: Omega (opposition leader)
Praetor: ??? (Military Advisor and 3rd most powerful person in the republic)
Queastor: ??? (Economic Advisor and 4th most powerful person in the republic)
Governor of Mediolunom: ??? (Decides the build order over the city of mediolunom)
Governor of Greece: ??? (Decides the build order over the city of Athens)
Governor of Italia (Trusca and Arretium): ??? (Decides the build orders over the cities of Trusca and Arrtetium)

Top Bottom