IOT Game Information

I support the merge: it is practical to aid the scope of player and GM, as well as encourage experimentalism, allowing the greater sharing of ideas.

There are currently other ongoing staff discussions regarding NES and IOT matters that need to be pursued before a merger is. I'm personally now greatly in favor of increased cooperation with IOT in the future, but I don't think we're prepared for an outright merge yet.

One of the main reasons a hasty merge should not be countenanced is the post count issue, among others. What would the name of a joint forum be? NES/IOT is a little convoluted. However, the future possible creation of NES/IOT content staff sharing a development forum would allow us to collaborate more closely on future projects, this being the proposal that the mods are currently considering.

Please contact myself or EQ for more details on the proposals. I do look forward to working more closely with you folks going forward, but let's not turn a potential for cooperation into an annexation of one forum by another.

Story Games works perfectly well. Or, last time this came up, someone had suggested World-Building Games (WBGs)

As Thlayli stated, this is one issue among many we're looking at confronting right now. There is likely to be some changes in the days and weeks ahead for NESing, and we're tackling one daunting problem at a time.

Personally, I believe that a merger is in the best interests of both communities, and CFC as a whole, but this is not something that will happen without enthusiasm from the majority of participants in both IOT and NES. Still, a discussion is healthy, and beyond the name (I like Geopolitical Forum Games) constructive discussion on this is probably a productive development. I only ask all parties that wish to engage in this discussion to keep any and all posts on a merger civil and productive.

NES can rest assure that those pushing for a merger from IOT weren't just looking for a short term benefits this time. IOT has no need to merge, it seems more of a pressing issue for NES at this point.

As before, I still think both stand to gain from a merge (and a name change).

NES can rest assure that those pushing for a merger from IOT weren't just looking for a short term benefits this time. IOT has no need to merge, it seems more of a pressing issue for NES at this point.

As before, I still think both stand to gain from a merge (and a name change).

Trust me, it isn't.

I don't trust people who tell me to trust them.

Trust me, it isn't.

I know you have a superiority complex about internet forum games, but IOT is clearly in a healthier state than NES (on cfc).

The point is that this isn't a short term thing that didn't do anything for NES and for IOT's benefit, like I think a lot of people thought it was, and something both sub-forums will gain a lot from.

I think an important thing that we've got to do here is try not to get in one of those situations where we turn into two opposing camps, that stifles debate.

I was going to post my objections to the arguments of the benefits of merging, but to be honest I can't really remember what they are. Could someone give me some examples of potential benefits of the merger so I can have a more informed position.

Didn't know it was such a pressing issue that needed to be addressed at this moment.

(It isn't.)

What would the name of a joint forum be?

I've always been partial to Single Thread Games.

Single Thread Games makes no sense in this context because there aren't forums here that are entirely dedicated to single multi-thread games like on Frontier and some other sites. In any case, the name isn't a major issue right now because semantics and won't even matter if there isn't a merger.

Is this necessary?

Frankly, yes.

Single Thread Games makes no sense in this context because there aren't forums here that are entirely dedicated to single multi-thread games like on Frontier and some other sites. In any case, the name isn't a major issue right now because semantics and won't even matter if there isn't a merger.

Is the game in a thread? Yes.

Is it contained to a single thread? Yes.

Therefore, STG. I'm not going to argue with myself on this.

I know you have a superiority complex about internet forum games, but IOT is clearly in a healthier state than NES (on cfc).

I don't have a superiority complex about forum games. I take issues with mixing two different camps of players in the same house as if their styles, games, or communities are one, when they clearly are not. If IOT and NES were one, we'd be mingling a lot more than we are now, but I don't see much cross pollination in chats or games. This means that it isn't in our best interest to be guided as one, when we don't even want the same things.

and beyond the name (I like Geopolitical Forum Games) constructive discussion on this is probably a productive development.

I don't think I support Geopolitical Forum Games as a name. That would exclude longrunning games like NESLife from the forum, going by the title.

It's a good idea, but limiting our roleplaying games only to geopolitics would exclude some creative and historically successful games, even if geopolitics are involved with 75-90% of what we do. :p

I suppose I'm sad about the potential destruction of the word "story" from our games, which is the most important element in what separates a NES from something that isn't one. Also, as a query; is there any way to have games in separate forums but also have them permalinked to a joint forum? That would allow people to simultaneously view IOT's and NESes while still allowing both to keep their own identities if need be. Though that might be beyond CFC's technology.

EDIT: Whoops, I'll reopen this elsewhere.

Top Bottom