NESLife V (Part 2)

Because the secondary mutations are suggestions and very minor (other than sight, which IS my #1 secondary evo), and the primary mutation is just social behavior changes which other people write together, but which I write separately to make it clear exactly what I want.

Infact, usually social behavior is assumed or is a secondary evolution that has a high chance of occuring. However, I wanted to FOCUS on the social behavior.

Spoiler :
Dentembula: aquatic sediment scavenger.
Genetic diversity: moderate (hermaphrodite).
Description: small animal with radial symmetry, numerous muscular legs capable of burrowing into soft sediment, short bursts of speed or efficient long-distance crawling; sensitive olfactory antennae, resistance to cold water, and a central mouth with sharp teeth, opening to a compact digestive tract optimised for handling decomposing matter.

Species Name: Rentemlite
Ancestor Species: Dentembula
Selective Pressure: survivable in hostile
Primary Mutation:
Rentemlite developed an exoskeleton to help survive against predator.
Secondary Mutation(s):
Metamerism body: Enable the Rentemlite to store more nutrient.

Thanks very much! I'm sorry for moaning. Really appreciate that people still want to play after the hiatus and random revival.

Its nice to see Terrance and North King working together! I should point out that I am counting only one 'selective pressure' and 'primary mutation' for Terrance's evolution, but I see why he wrote it that way.

Also, welcome @Everblack, I see you have the idea - its more of a cooperative creation NES, as you don't need to commit to anything, and there is no reward except the glory of seeing your species survive and prosper ^^

Species Name: Herba morsu
Ancestor Species: Polychende
Selective Pressure: interspecies competition, radiation
Primary Mutation: A large segmented mouth piece able to bite off pieces of plant.
Secondary Mutation(s): Some biochemical antipoisons to be able to eat plants

The successful polychende had most needed to compete with itself, and with its increasingly dangerous food sources. While the old polychende continued to suck on pieces of vegetation broken on their own, the Herba morsu, a new species developed from Polychende stranded in a more hardened "forest" of plants, came with a large mouth piece on the front of its body plan that can come out of the body to cut down plant material and more easily attain food. The only problem with such technique is having to deal with the plants chemical defenses. The stomachs of Herba morsu are longer and can carry food for longer and so are able to digest harder plants, but they also have special organs that release chemicals to contradict poisons. The Herba morsu has a great future ahead of it.

Terrris OS loading..
Load compleate
---------------
and back from being lost on the internet. drawn by the beacon of epicness that is NESlife.

Let's see..
Like the Evolutions Terrance and NK.
Formus looks interesting, but want to stay away from plants..

hmm, I feel the need, then Need, for speed!

Species Name: Qua
Ancestor Species: horsehockyta
Selective Pressure: Increased Food supply, radiation
Primary Mutation: Increased Metabolism (shorter lives, quicker growth)
Secondary Mutation(s): Scavanger (possibly canablalistic) tendencies in lean times.
Possibly basic reproductive organs.

Over the centuries, the horsehockytu began to respond to the growing food supply offered to them in various ways. some started to grow longer cilia, some grew denser clusters of cilia, others developed their cilia so they could swim faster. But the Qua.. took a different route. They simply started to grow faster and faster, their life cycle shortening over the centuries until it was a fraction of their horsehockytu ancestors. When and where the food was plentiful, their population numbers could explode quicker and spread out faster then their relatives. and when times were lean, it could plummet quicker to a lower stable population level. Ever changing, ever adapting to ebb and flow of the biosphere around them. .

Basically, shorter life cycle, allowing them expand or reduce their population level quickly. shorter liver, higher reproduction, possibly slightly increased movement speed from the higher pace their bodies are working at.
plentiful food supply, their numbers quickly swell to match it.
food supply declines, population drops quickly as they turn on one another and/or feed on dead corpses around them. eventually stabilizes at a lower level, possibly held in check by predation one one another.

Edit: and drat, missed NES craft by a few days. curse my luck.

Nice mix of species for an update, thankyou all :salute:

TerrisH, Erez, very good to see you :)

@TerrisH, Shadowbound wanted to take your spot on NESCraft but he didn't send orders yet. If you want to carry on with your character you are very welcome, still taking orders over there for the next update.

I think its already enough for an update, but I should probably update NESCraft first - the problem of running two NESes ^^

I'm interested and trying to work up the motivation to describe an evolution, but then I think about being behind on my school work... Neither gets done and I'm worse off for it. :p

I'll just slip into this post :ninja:
Species: Hommorapro Covolut
Ancestor Species: Hommorapro Suvilit
Selective Pressure: Amphibious Predator, the Hommor ( or Hunt Luck ) stays near lakes rivers and * rarely * seashores, it is a very picky creature, doesn't trust bright coloured animals but will eat plants and berries when it needs to.
Primary Mutation: Keeps small lungs but stays in water most of the time. It can hide in seaweeds using * poor * camouflage.
Secondary Mutation: Martyrdom- if a group is threatened by a large predator, it will let out a spray of a somewhat smelly gas, killing the predator and Hommor
I think that's all

I'll just slip into this post :ninja:
Species: Hommorapro Covolut
Ancestor Species: Hommorapro Suvilit
Selective Pressure: Amphibious Predator, the Hommor ( or Hunt Luck ) stays near lakes rivers and * rarely * seashores, it is a very picky creature, doesn't trust bright coloured animals but will eat plants and berries when it needs to.
Primary Mutation: Keeps small lungs but stays in water most of the time. It can hide in seaweeds using * poor * camouflage.
Secondary Mutation: Martyrdom- if a group is threatened by a large predator, it will let out a spray of a somewhat smelly gas, killing the predator and Hommor
I think that's all

most likely species to go extinct. calling it.

@MaDaro, first of all welcome :) Secondly, it seems you've pulled your Ancestor Species out of thin air - that's not quite how this works ;) In NESLife, we are evolving step by step, as you can see on the Tree of Life.

Check out this post and in particular take a look at the Species Stats (bottom spoiler). You need to base your evolution on something already alive and in the game. If you take a look at all the other evolutions posted, that's what they have done. I'd suggest the Servoleto or Mikri-Oura. :salute:

@MaDaro, first of all welcome :) Secondly, it seems you've pulled your Ancestor Species out of thin air - that's not quite how this works ;) In NESLife, we are evolving step by step, as you can see on the Tree of Life.

Check out this post and in particular take a look at the Species Stats (bottom spoiler). You need to base your evolution on something already alive and in the game. If you take a look at all the other evolutions posted, that's what they have done. I'd suggest the Servoleto or Mikri-Oura. :salute:

Well, I'm going to choose the Servoloto sounds like a nice name.
Also, I've been poking around the forums as a unreg. But thanks! :D
I might be Away from NES in the weekend MIGHT. I'm doing a series called ''The Might of Greece'' so don't except me there on saturday morning :(

@MaDaro, I meant Servoleto or Mikri-Oura might be the parent species for your evolution. They are species already created by other players. I'm still not sure you have the idea of this game :) Check out the first post on the front page, and if it still doesn't make sense also take a look at Lord_Iggy's rules (which I am using pretty much).

The NESLife series have always been drop-in games. Once you've made an evolution, you don't have any control over it in subsequent turns, as its up to the mod (me in this case) to decide which species thrive or die out. You might make one evolution that survives for dozens of updates (that has happened before). All players can do is create a new evolution each time... So don't worry about not being around!

Top Bottom