While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

What was done last time the issue was brought up?

Spoiler :
Well the Silence didn't really have the same features as the typical Gray beyond the shape of their heads. A more traditional Gray like the one in Paul could still emerge

Spoiler :
I feel like it was blurry enough to have been almost anything child-size, and the Silence already kinda did the Grey angle

Spoiler :
Looked kind of alien to me, so it could be part of a plot arc. Or maybe it was a white-kid with very short hair. Could have been either.

Spoiler :
I am of the opinion that there was something under the blanket, something completely different at the end of time, and that the doctor, blinded by his own fear and obsession, stumbled through AND MISSED, two potentially important/interesting adventures.

Also, did ANYONE else notice the cloister bell when the doctor was knocked out at the end of time?

All in all, though, the episode sort of felt like the writer switched his mind at the conclusion on whether there was a monster or not.

Spoiler :
I am of the opinion that there was something under the blanket, something completely different at the end of time, and that the doctor, blinded by his own fear and obsession, stumbled through AND MISSED, two potentially important/interesting adventures.

Also, did ANYONE else notice the cloister bell when the doctor was knocked out at the end of time?

All in all, though, the episode sort of felt like the writer switched his mind at the conclusion on whether there was a monster or not.

Spoiler :
It does leave a bit of a head scratcher. Are those flaws there because of the of the Doctor, or Moffat? And yes, I noticed the Bell, and was expecting something to come of it. I forget already, did it ring at the End, or once they were already at the beginning? If it was the latter, like I seem to recall, then there is a good reason. In the very real event that I'm wrong, it does raise more (unanswered) questions.

What was done last time the issue was brought up?

Spoiler :
Well the Silence didn't really have the same features as the typical Gray beyond the shape of their heads. A more traditional Gray like the one in Paul could still emerge

This was the last thread
, if you wish to read it, though it really isn't something I recommend for your mental health. A poll was set up, which ended up with "no" winning by a slim margin, and the whole thing ultimately descended into a spam-producing and wholly pointless flame war.

Fortunately, most of the vehemently "no" posters (critical in starting the flame war) have left, possibly forever.

Someone has posted a draft here, which isn't finished (obviously, due to the next few posters' reactions) but could be a start.

Spoiler :
I agree with Thomas. And I trust Moffat enough that I believe this episode's gaps will be filled in with the next few

I think a poll thread could be manipulated by outsiders with agendas of their own. May be better just to do a simple vote through posts.

Spoiler :
Did anyone else ponder about the fact that the events of this episode must have strictly happened after the Master's own interference at the end of time involving the people shown in Utopia in season 3? Also, I liked the brief reference to the removal of said safeguards that happened because of the events in that episode. Speaking of such, what are thoughts on Missy being the Master? Me and thomas have discussed that theory, and we're in agreement that Missy is almost defintiely the Master.

Spoiler :
Vis-a-vis the events of Utopia... I just assumed that this was MUCH further along in the heat death of the universe. This is the true end, where nothing remains. While things were breaking down in Utopia, there was still a feeling of hope. People were building a ship to go to another planet that still had viable options. While that clearly didn't end up working out (The toclophanes)there was still hope. This is far beyond that, a last gasp. (Our only shots of the outside showed everything burning and collapsing.)

As for Missy and the Master, as EQ said... I think it's most likely.

I

Spoiler :
...Speaking of such, what are thoughts on Missy being the Master? Me and thomas have discussed that theory, and we're in agreement that Missy is almost defintiely the Master.

Spoiler :
Woooowwwww. That's.... wow. well, that or "evil-TARDIS" seems most likely now that I've thought about it...

I'm skeptical of the need to change anything to NESing or IOT. It's just simple step away from the IOT forum to this and vice versa.

I am a late comer to this party, but I do care what happens here. This thread has settled down from its start, thanks. I do have a few issues:

<snip>
Moderator Action: Image deleted
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

This is why I have no intention to join the other forum. It may have been said jokingly, but I have no intention of hoping people would burn or to go on the other forum to "ensure latecomers know where the REAL party is" or to speak like I am a rebellion against this website and than complain when they call me a rebel. I think it is obvious why -those- people chose to leave from their posts in the other forum, and in here, and I think it is obvious why I, Persona non grata (and other certain insults that were quickly removed, I personally didn't understand half, too bad) in the other forum, have no intention to join it.

Link to the originals, with their nicknames still intact:

<link deleted>
Moderator Action: erez, there is no reason to bring items from that website here. It is like posting chat logs from #nes. All such things do is piss others off and fan the flames higher. Mean spirited criticism is cheap and easy and that is not what we need here, now. Probably not ever, but let's stay focused.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
The attempt to make NESing into a party-member only private-club where a small mob get's to choose whose in and whose out will not go unopposed.
^^^Mean spirited, flaming, trolling, inappropriate and impolite.

Erez, I think we all know that wasn't said with particular menace, and now you're doing a Symphony.

Get used to CFC-Frontier rivalry for foreseeable future!

Wherein NES enters a phase of Darwinian evolution.
Inflammatory and unnecessary.

I have no intention of leaving and making sure I can't come back, so can't see how this is a symphony. Also why are you naming it a symphony? That is totally disrespectful to him. He did what he saw right, I can relate to that. Thought I would never leave and make sure there is no way I could ever come back.

I have no rivalry with The Frontier. I hope NESing will be amazing there too (I know it will, EoE is going there). I have a bone to pick with some people whose interests... to say it in a nice tone... collide with mine. You aren't one of those people, although you are certainly playing into their hands. Do you really want NESing to be members only and closed to most new comers, or to anyone some of them don't like? EDIT: Actually even UNKNOWN to most people, as it moves to a website with about a thousand people total...
Given the current climate here and the posts I have read in the past few days, the bolded text reads as very disingenuous.

They know who they are. Same people who left a nice, but now deleted, message on the "Regarding NES Moderation" thread. I just hope they know what they are causing, and I intend to make sure they know it. I have no intention of getting into naming names and starting an actual flamewar. That isn't my style.

I'm well aware who runs #nes nowadays.

The mods done nothing wrong. These guys were just looking for an excuse to ruin NESing. And don't expect from me, You aren't my mother. Oh and tell the person who know who he is that I am very very thin, so I don't have sausage fingers.

Nesers are the best indeed. But isn't it SGTers now in the frontiers?

An OT thread has always been here, and I obviously think there should be one too (hey! we are using it!) And yes there are less active members there.

Also, just to remind you, saying someone is a terrorist is flaming (that's a suggestion to edit your post a bit). I may not agree with him, I may think his opinions are more than alarming, but I'm not the boss/moderator/judge to say what will happen, and I will certainly not go around breaking rules to make sure what I want happens or I leave.
In a heated environment all of the bolded text is inflammatory and appears to be nothing more than "poking the bear with a sharp stick". All unnecessary.

Considering I didn't say a single name, and the only people who would know who are the people I am talking about is them and those who saw what I am talking about, I don't see how am I flaming them. I think to flame you need to refer to a person. I wasn't. Also if I did flame, I hope I get punished like anyone else who does it.

As for the reasons, the only reasons discussed were in this order: Amon. PDMA. Adding there are reasons hidden behind PDMA isn't saying much.

Yeah. I bet. You just joined a forum in which the only way to join is to get someone else to vouch for you. And you are telling me this has nothing to do with favoritism. :lol: and later you call it a democracy, because in a democracy you need someone to vouch for you when you join. :crazyeye:
Many people flame and troll using names. The skillful can do it without names. Not using a name does not mean you are not flaming or attacking. I have not been a apart of this and I knew immediately who you were attacking. As I see it, I cannot easily see "intent" when people post, but I can read the words and see meanness, ill will, inappropriateness and looking for a fight. Your words are full of those.

Moderator Action: It seems that we have mostly moved on, but I do want to re-iterate that the cross site back and forth is not healthy. From now on please refrain from posting or quoting things said over there. If you have an issue with something said on the Frontier, post on the Frontier.

Please listen to BSmith.

My intent is to point out what I have seen here and bring it to your attention. Please post nicely.

Agreed. A few of us who have made accounts on the frontier also have other stuff on CFC that they want to do, such as S&T and DoC for me.

On the Off-Topic side, does anybody else here like minimalist music?
I like Ricardo Villalobos. :D

Nitpicking: can this thread be renamed to something else? It's not at all clear that this is the OT WWW thread, and having two WWW threads is kinda confusing.

"(almost) anything goes" makes perfect sense for an off topic thread. If anything, the other one is less clear

:rotfl:

Well you lernt the lesson then. ;)

Well it all began in this game called Valkyrie there was in IOT. I was Spain, got half of Europe to attack me and suddenly a new user called "ceasarXYZA"(where X,Y,Z,A are numbers) joined in Portugal to dogpile. So I got away with statu quo with everyone except Portugal, because everyone agreed that had been a nasty move. I annexed him and in a fit of rage he joined as Argentina. Jokes ensued and the original thread was created.

I meant that he was infuriated by defeat and while infuriated joined as Argentina, not that joining as Argentina was the product of said fury. :p

Anyway, everyone had a little fun with that.

Top Bottom