Indonesia Civ

IMHO I very much agree they are commercial - Religious.
but that is just because I prefer commericial to Seafarring.

That major blood loss warrior up there sounds really cool. I also like the boat idea. You could also have some kind of angry rock thrower - Mutiny on the HMS Bounty anyone?

Yeah, definately commercial for those of us using PtW, but with all those islands, should they really be only commercial over seafaring? I thought that Indonesia depended upon the sea, and therefore it would be seafaring. Out there, the powerful nation was the seafaring one. Am I right?

Religious is agreed upon right? They were pretty religious.
Should we start a poll for the traits? We might get good input if we do.

I think we should try a poll.
I don't know whether commercial or seafaring is better for an Indonesia civ.
As I recall in history class, I can't remember ancient malay civ as an seafaring civ(Bugis tribe is seafarig)
Btw, I'll agree what u guys decide.

IMHO if the Great Leader is Hayam Wuruk the seafaring is the right one because maybe that time indonesia was seafaring. but not today.

Well the choiche of of GL is depend on the CIV . If it is an Indonesia CIV I will vote for Soekarnoe, yet if it is a Malay CIV I will vote for Hayam Wuruk.
Without Soekarnoe they may be no Indonesia

Originally posted by civilleader
they defeated Genghis Khan in naval warfare.

Nope. Chinggis Qa'an never once personally engaged in naval warfare. The indonesians defeated a detachment dispatched by but certainly not led by Qubilai Qa'an, who was the 5th Qa'an long after Temujin was dead.

Not that it detracts from your point, I just always have to defend the Mongols because they aren't here to defend themselves :D And to be fair, the Mongols weren't exactly a naval power. Now, if you mention that the Mongol army that landed in Java completely failed to gain anything (other than promised tribute that was never paid) you make a strong point for the Javan warrior type of UU.

By the way I voted for Expansionist and Seafaring in the other thread, but people here are making a strong case for Religous and Seafaring and I must say I would be completely happy with a mod that had the Indonesians as a Religous/Seafaring civ.

Looking forward to released final version! :)

What do you mean "in addition to the Khmers?"
I know they're in a scenario, but they are not in the full game.

I would really like Indonesia as a civ, though!

Good thing you picked Sukarno and not Suharto.

Top Bottom