IOT Organisational and Discussion Thread

Given how different RIOT III is from RIOT II (even though they're both set in the same timeline), I might need to think of a different monkier altogether. Then again, IOTVI was a lot different from IOT so what do I know? :lol:

Indeed, naming is ultimately up to a) discretion and b) brand recognition.

Just ask EA about Command and Conquer... :mischief:

Indeed, naming is ultimately up to a) discretion and b) brand recognition.

Just ask EA about Command and Conquer... :mischief:

The difference (I hope) is that RIOT III doesn't turn out to be an utter failure like CNC4. :(

I guess that only difference is that the....RIOT-series *groan* revolves around the Revolution which pops up and wipe nations off the map every so often.

I think you should carve up Europe a bit more its got around 12 but Africa has around 20, nice Iron & Blood logo

Is everyone's definition of the Midwest different from Midwestern definitions of the Midwest? :p

I think you should carve up Europe a bit more its got around 12 but Africa has around 20, nice Iron & Blood logo

The European provinces are already small compared to most other provinces on other continents, I think I'll leave it like that. :)

You'll only be allowed to claim one province at the start. Should be an interesting game...

Provinces/Regions breakdown by continent:

Asia - 34
Europe - 19
Africa - 19
South America - 7
North America - 16
Oceania - 5

Is everyone's definition of the Midwest different from Midwestern definitions of the Midwest? :p

Well my definition is what I had on the map. :p

Why such a small map? I think unless you are only starting each person off with 1, its too small, and even so its a bit small.

Carve up Europe more definitely.

EDIT: I crossposted you- Yeah you start with 1 so I guess its mostly good. Remember though, its not all in size, population density makes sense too. Owning France is probably better than owning a similar sized chunk in Siberia, and province size should reflect this.

The European provinces are already small compared to most other provinces on other continents, I think I'll leave it like that. :)

You'll only be allowed to claim one province at the start. Should be an interesting game...

Provinces/Regions breakdown by continent:

Asia - 34
Europe - 19
Africa - 19
South America - 7
North America - 16
Oceania - 5

Well my definition is what I had on the map. :p

Fair enough. :lol:

I'm glad the "Don't fight a land war in Asia" idea probably still holds strong here.

Hand-drawn map for Iron and Blood, 100 Provinces. Still need to clean it up a bit. Here's a preview.

My only gripe with this type of map is that it won't simulate rebellions/civil war very well.

I mean, if rebels capture a province in America, well, that kinda works, since they're not capturing the entire country.

But if there's a succesfull rebellion in France...

To alleve this problem, I think you should add cities (with an area of influence around them) so that you can actually have a divided country if it goes into rebellion. So for example, France, if theres a rebellion, rather than the entire provence going to the rebels (which is kinda ridiculous), instead, they capture Marsaille and its surrounding area, or maybe Orleans goes under. How does that sound?

Also, do you have any potential start date in mind, this game is looking really good :)

EDIT: Sorry for the horrid spelling in this post, I'm typing this from school, and internet explorer doesn't have spellcheck

Must add Doboj or Travnik (Travnik used to be the capital of the Ottoman Vilayet of Bosnia, which took most of the western Balkans)

My only gripe with this type of map is that it won't simulate rebellions/civil war very well.

I mean, if rebels capture a province in America, well, that kinda works, since they're not capturing the entire country.

But if there's a succesfull rebellion in France...

To alleve this problem, I think you should add cities (with an area of influence around them) so that you can actually have a divided country if it goes into rebellion. So for example, France, if theres a rebellion, rather than the entire provence going to the rebels (which is kinda ridiculous), instead, they capture Marsaille and its surrounding area, or maybe Orleans goes under. How does that sound?

Also, do you have any potential start date in mind, this game is looking really good :)

Yes, I've thought about rebellions. My plan is, if a region is embroiled in rebellion, the owner loses part of the income from that region until it is somehow pacified. I'll take your suggestion on board (and I can use it for invasions too) although

Start date is going to be sometime in the mid-19th century (1821 - 1871, I have yet to decide on date I'm happy with, though it's going to be an ahistorical game so it doesn't really matter...) and a turn will represent four years in real time (maybe two years per turn if the game goes into the 20th century).

Must add Doboj or Travnik (Travnik used to be the capital of the Ottoman Vilayet of Bosnia, which took most of the western Balkans)

Any extra features I add on the map (eg cities) will depend on which countries are in play.

I think its odd that Portugal is one full territory, and so is Spain and France.

And how do the war rules work? Because taking France in one battle is weird.

This looks promising and fun. I'm really eager to play this! How will expansion work? One territory a turn, or even slower?

This looks promising and fun. I'm really eager to play this! How will expansion work? One territory a turn, or even slower?

One territory every four in-game years sounds pretty slow.

Yes, I've thought about rebellions. My plan is, if a region is embroiled in rebellion, the owner loses part of the income from that region until it is somehow pacified. I'll take your suggestion on board (and I can use it for invasions too) although

Yeah, that sounds good. I mean, its not as realistic (it doesn't feel like the country's actually breaking or not) but whatever, if its too much a hassle, then don't worry about it :)

Start date is going to be sometime in the mid-19th century (1821 - 1871, I have yet to decide on date I'm happy with, though it's going to be an ahistorical game so it doesn't really matter...) and a turn will represent four years in real time (maybe two years per turn if the game goes into the 20th century).

Heh, cool. I was talking about when sign-ups would begin though :p

Hell it starts on Friday, similar to RIOT by game play

Awesome. That gives me time to finalize mine, although it should be ready after a third test game I'll do over the weekend. The only reason it isn't really ready for use now is that the technologies aren't that balanced/functioning.

There are 6 Technology Branches:
Spoiler :
Military - Used to provide auto-attackers, but you're obviously better off just putting the IP directly into armies... This is the area that clearly needs repurposing
Defense - Provided auto-defenders for your provinces
Naval - Required to build Navies and to expand across Seas
Trade - Extra IPs
Siege - Requires Defense 3, removes Auto-defenders
Engineering

Top Bottom