Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

Also, why does CFC get to have more than 1 team? Can other forums also field more than 1 team?
I only suggested multiple CFC teams since this is the hosting forum and there will probably be the greatest interest/potential players here. If other forums are able to fill up more than one team then that would be great. What matters most to me is a sufficient number of healthy teams.

EDIT: Having read some of the previous posts it looks like this might be morphing from a "CFC multi-team demo game" to a "multi-forum multi-team demo game." If there are truly enough forums who can field healthy dedicated teams then we could go 1 team per forum.

Just a quick note to confirm that WPC will be participating with one team in this game.

Just a quick note to confirm that WPC will be participating with one team in this game.

:thumbsup:

RB will participate too. I created hell of a thread, but at the end all came to its place and the guys actually stated they will play. :)

Are there enough spaces in the game though? According to the start of the thread the original aim was for 5-6 teams. I see WPC, Poly and CFC as definitely fielding at least 1 team. PAL will likely field the 4th, RB the 5th, Spanish site the 6th...PB games scale up to 18 players, but is that the aim?

Who are the PALs BTW? And the Templars - they are mentioned a lot in RB.

Also, if you go back and read the first post in RB where I announce MTDG3 (some people said it is not #3, but more like #4 or 5?!?) you will see that I clearly said that hopefully RB will field a team or two or even 3. Although I start to think we will go with just 1 team a site if we can get 5-6-7 teams.

While I don't have much demogame experience, from diplo and other pitboss games I generally think the more civs the better. So I'd personally be ok with more then one teams from CFC and RB if you guys have enough players.

But why all the suspicion and accusations Krill? Do you think CFC is trying to cheat or take advantage of the rest? Seems a bit paranoid...

While I don't have much demogame experience, from diplo and other pitboss games I generally think the more civs the better. So I'd personally be ok with more then one teams from CFC and RB if you guys have enough players.
As with all Pitboss, people becoming bored or having RL issues that take them away is a HUGE concern and always a potential gamebreaker looming over everything. Personally, I would rather 'scumbags':p who won't commit to play to the end just not even join... I understand that sometimes genuine RL stuff comes up that you have no control over (And even then you can still find a sub or something not just quit:cry:), but most of the time in Pitboss its just inexcusable flaking out, because you're losing, or bored or whatever, or some lame-@ss "Sorry guys I cant play anymore" (with no explanation:confused:WTF!).

Anyway, I'll climb down off the soapbox and get to the point. More teams creates a big, big risk that we end up with multiple Zombiecivs, because there are only so many dedicated no-flake-out players who will not just abandon the game.

Even within that dedicated group their are different thresholds. Even for some dedicated players, they will not accept being only one of 2 or three people participating, so then they quit. For some they will play unless they are the ONLY player participating on a team, then they quit. It is a rare bird indeed who will play alone to the bitter-end on a doomed team ('King':king: slaze "The Mighty":bowdown:), or join a completely empty team and try to resurrect it (Caledorn:goodjob:) or just stick around to the end to keep the game alive (Alphashard, socralyneck:clap:)

With fewer teams, there is a better chance that each team will have several of these types of diehards and lessen the chance that the team will ever turn into a Zombieciv.
But why all the suspicion and accusations Krill? Do you think CFC is trying to cheat or take advantage of the rest? Seems a bit paranoid...
Krill has a legitimate beef... In one MTDG his team collapsed because of some accusations and controversy, and it was a really bitter, tough situation. In the end I'm not even completely sure the accusations were fair or proven, it was just a big honkin' mess. So I can completely understand him wanting to make sure that this game starts with everything on the up-and-up.:yup:

:thumbsup:

RB will participate too. I created hell of a thread, but at the end all came to its place and the guys actually stated they will play. :)

;)

We're definitely in. We likely have enough players for 2 teams if required, but I believe we'd prefer to run as 1 team. Our team already has like 20+ people hah.

15 pages of posts in 4 days?!? D@mn
Yeah, I think I managed to burn all bridges and grow the savageness to point of no return with RB (absolutely unintentionally BTW - it just happened as you saw for sure for yourself).

So guys, you better prepare yourself well! The rivalry will be show-no-mercy-take-no-prisoners type :D

Hello everybody.

The Spanish community of Apolyton had several members interested in playing. We would like to make a propose. We have a very interesting mod which we use for our pitboss and our championship. This mod is the basic BTS 3.19 + BUG +
a special system for double-turn avoiding + website and android application with the information that you get from the game.

The mod does not modify the basic game at all. The big issue is double-turn system avoiding. This system does not allow players in war login the game at same time. Split the turn in two half and give one to each. We have been
using it during the last year and we are very happy with it. Now we would like to launch it to international community and get feedback about it. The other interesting issue is the web site. With a user and a password you can see your statistics, information about units and cities, etc. You don not need launch the game, just login the website. Also there is an Android
application with the same functionalities.

I think Magno, one of the developers, will post more details and information about the mod and the website.

If you are interested in we will have enough people for a team. Otherwise we have to check how many people from our community are interested. But we would be very happy if you consider this option.

Thank you very much.

Hola!

Great to have you on board!

I would really like such mod which disables double-moves at all (we had problems with this last MTDG and I heard in the last Inter-site demo-game double-moves were an issue and actually decided the outcome of the game.

Can you share more details on how this mod prevents double-moves and if it works is all cases? I remember we discussed using it for one Diplo-game, but then there was some considerations against using it and I cant remember them.

What we need baddest are game admins. Can we hope Dave will take this role once more?

Hi all!

I am going to be the cap of CivPlayers team. Prepare yourselves!

WOW! So you guys made it!

This is terrific news!!!!

Wohooo!!! Here comes the heavy artillery!!!

Anyone from the Polish community - if you read this, can you make sure it reaches your forum/s?

I have sent a PM to LDeska, but have no reply - maybe he is not checking in here or is on vacation? But I have found my registration in their site have been disabled, so I cant post it myself there.

This game is shaping up to be pretty amazing if each site launched one team each. My mind boggles at the thought of 7-8 international civ-communities competing and putting in their best people and bringing their experiences to the table...

You turncoat!!! :mad::aargh::trouble:

Yeah, the game starts to look very promising.

(I will be perfectly happy with small tiny sign in the end-movie subtitles saying "2metraninja helped greatly to make this amazing game alive by advertising it bravely and mettlesome in all those sites who fielded teams ;)

We still need respected, competent and unbiased admins though.

Yeah, I think I managed to burn all bridges and grow the savageness to point of no return with RB (absolutely unintentionally BTW - it just happened as you saw for sure for yourself).

So guys, you better prepare yourself well! The rivalry will be show-no-mercy-take-no-prisoners type :D

Don't be silly. RB has had a lot of multiplayer PBEM's and pitbosses. If you fall out with someone in one individual game, you don't take it to the next game with you. eg. in RBPBEM12, Gaspar spent the entire game convincing the rest of the world that I was a royal bastard and plotting to wipe me out. It was a great rivalry. After the game, we laughed about it and we're friends who regularly chat on gmail nowadays.

New game, fresh slate. Your prediction is way off, RB will act the same towards you as anyone else. You have my word on that (which as i'm likely to be in charge of diplo for us, should mean something).

As for this mod, I would bet good money that our vote would be to not use it. If you can remove BUG from it, we'd possibly reconsider. I can't speak for the team, but going off of my knowledge of RB, we don't approve the useage of BUG, BUFFY or any similar mods which aid the player or act as a crutch in anyway.

Top Bottom