Inquisition

i tried your mod, i had a load issue in the XML. granted im folding the latest version into my mod, but the error was centered on the new code of the holy office. this is what i changed the code in CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml to:
Spoiler :

Code:
<BuildingArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_HOLY_OFFICE</Type>
			<LSystem>LSYSTEM_3x2</LSystem>
			<bAnimated>0</bAnimated>
			<fScale>1.8</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>0.61</fInterfaceScale>
			<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Courthouse/Courthouse.nif</NIF>
			<KFM/>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/Courthouse.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings_Atlas.dds,4,2</Button>
		</BuildingArtInfo>

i havent played a game thru, but in the test game i made things seemed to be working ok. The only critique I'd add at this point is I wish the holy office had a different icon than the courthouse. Other than that I'm eager to see the improvements you've made to the original inquisition mod in action :goodjob:

It seems your mod did not like the Guillotine.dds file for some reason. I verified that the path to this dds file was correct in v101A. Did you for get to add the Guillotine.dds file in your combined mod?

Art/Interface/Buttons/Builds/Guillotine.dds

If so, a missing dds file would certainly cause an XML error.

V/R,

Orion Veteran :cool:

It seems your mod did not like the Guillotine.dds file for some reason. I verified that the path to this dds file was correct in v101A. Did you for get to add the Guillotine.dds file in your combined mod?

Art/Interface/Buttons/Builds/Guillotine.dds

If so, a missing dds file would certainly cause an XML error.

V/R,

ok, that makes sense, i'll double check everything tonight.

I don not kow if any works on this anymore but a Secret Police should also be added which is unlocked by Facism and only usable with Police State.

I don not kow if any works on this anymore but a Secret Police should also be added which is unlocked by Facism and only usable with Police State.

Interesting idea. Yet this is a mod component not a mod composition. I have limited all changes on this inquisition mod component to the inquisitior unit, a prerequisite building for the inquisitor and six prerequisites for achieving a religeous victory through religeous unity.

Perhaps you might want to check out Orion's Challenge, which is a mod composition of units and capabilities. The secret police might be an interesting add-on for that mod, since it already has a police unit. It also contains this inquisition mod.

Respectfully,

Orion's Inquisition Mod ver 1.01B has now been released!

Get it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10325

Version 1.01B Changes: 21 Sep 2008
1. Foreign Inquisitions! :)
2. Foreign inquisitions have three prerequisites:

&#8226; There must be an open borders agreement with your civilization.
&#8226; The state religion of the civilization must match yours.
&#8226; Your state religion must be established in the city.

3. Created an option for foreign inquisitions in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file. If you want to play a game with foreign inquisitions, then simply change the default value to 1. If not, make sure the value is set to 0.

If there are no other worthy ideas, this might be the final version of Orion's Inquisition Mod. The testing went smooth and for those who were wondering, the AI will produce the Holy Office and Inquisitors. :D

Firaxis should seriously consider the inclusion of this mod into the official game. To help influence Firaxis, it would be helpful to have a high positive rating. So please, if you really believe this mod component has merit, take a moment and rate it when you download it. :thanx:

Enjoy!

You should only be able to do foreign inquisitions if a resolution has been passed through the Apostolic Palace.

Interesting idea, so let's examine the possibility of requiring a resolution from the Apostolic Palace to authorize a foreign inquisition. Does it pass the logic test?

Facts:
1. The Apostolic Palace is a World Wonder that only one Civ can produce.
2. The Apostolic Palace triggers diplomatic elections
3. Building the Apostolic Palace guarantees elegibility for a diplomatic vote

Scenario:
1. There are 5 Civs, each with a Holy City except one (Civ5 doesn't have a Holy City).
2. Civ5 has the same state religion and has an open borders agreement with Civ4. Both Civs4 and 5 are friendly allies.
3. Civ4 wants to conduct an inquisition to root out non-state religions in Civ5.
4. Civ1 has it's state religion established in several cities in Civ5 that are under threat of being rooted out if a Civ4 inquisition takes place in Civ5.
5. Civ1 owns the Apostolic Palace and as said, has a different state religion than Civ4 and 5.

Do you honestly believe that Civ1 would even consider an inquisition by Civ4 to root out all of Civ1's established religions in Civ5?

Do you think that Civ1 would want to let the diplomats decide if an inquisition should occur or not in Civ5?

Reality Check: There is absolutely no chance for Civ1 to ever support such a resolution and even less of a chance they would let the diplomats decide who can or can't conduct an inquisition against their religion. Any Civ with a shrine, who looses a religion anywhere in the empire, also looses some percentage of religious influence and one gold per turn. if another Civ decides to conduct an inquisition, there is nothing, short of war that can be done to stop it. Please note: The diplomats from the Apostolic Palace don't vote on whether or not to send a missionary into foreign territory to conduct the spread of one specific state religion. If a vote is not taken to spread a religion, then why would there be a vote to purge a religion? An inquisition is an internal state/religious influence issue, not an external issue that diplomats from other Civs can vote on. So, for the game, if the 3 prerequisites for conducting a foreign inquisition are met, then it is the player who decides, not a vote.

Based upon the above, I must conclude that letting diplomats decide if an inquisition can take place, does not pass the logic test.

Very Respectfully,

thank you for taking ownership of this mod and taking it to the next level. im playing the previous revision now and it works flawlessly. :bowdown:

The words "it works flawlessly" is really good to hear considering the number of hours that I spent late at night writing code and testing it. I think you may like version 1.01B, as it is not very easy to meet the 3 prerequisites for conducting a foreign inquisition. As you say, it truely is a step up and a nice finishing touch to this mod.

Sincerely,

Orion's Inquisition Mod ver 1.01C has now been released!

Version 1.01C Changes: 27 Sep 2008

1. Fixed limited Religions bug that allowed the AI to found more than one Holy City. It was only a one line fix in the CvGameUtils.py file, but important enough that a new release was needed.

2. Provided a Mod summary on the download page.

Enjoy!

Orion's Inquisition Mod ver 1.01C has now been released!

Version 1.01C Changes: 27 Sep 2008

1. Fixed limited Religions bug that allowed the AI to found more than one Holy City. It was only a one line fix in the CvGameUtils.py file, but important enough that a new release was needed.

2. Provided a Mod summary on the download page.

Enjoy!

i was just about to post about this bug. testing now.

ok i short cutted the xml decision stuff to make sure that wasnt the issue. i changed

def isOC_LIMITED_RELIGIONS():
return gc.getDefineINT("OC_LIMITED_RELIGIONS") != 0

to

return true

i also tried return false to be complete.

limited still didnt work. so it seems the issue is definately in the cvgameutils.py file.

ok i short cutted the xml decision stuff to make sure that wasnt the issue. i changed

return gc.getDefineINT("OC_LIMITED_RELIGIONS") != 0

to

return true

i also tried return false to be complete.

limited still didnt work. so it seems the issue is definately in the cvgameutils.py file.

OK, back to the test game... I'll find it and fix it.

OK, back to the test game... I'll find it and fix it.

my further investigations seemed to point at

def doHolyCity(self):

in civgame utils. forcing it to return true disallowed any religion to be founded. game play was otherwise fine. so my guess is that the holy city check is either failing, or the code never gets that deep into the routine.

for whatever reason the code never finds a player's holy city.

my further investigations seemed to point at

def doHolyCity(self):

in civgame utils. forcing it to return true disallowed any religion to be founded. game play was otherwise fine. so my guess is that the holy city check is either failing, or the code never gets that deep into the routine.

for whatever reason the code never finds a player's holy city.

I have a centralized function that will fix the problem. Initial tests have produced only one religion per civ. Hopefully, I can post it tonight.

V/R,

Top Bottom