Modern Alliances

the movie plays text :p

If you don't have a DLL I can just use the BtS default. I will do all the DLL/XML Schema work myself don't worry. infact in the ArtDefinesMovie.xml you can put .dds instead of .bik.

But for my movie playing code to work without hardcoding I have to edit the feature xml (don't worry when I am done I will explain everything :D. It will allow the_J to play wonder movies/display pictures without needed dummy buildings.

btw with the DLL your mod requires BtS 3.19 to run!

Also I might add a bWonder tag to the feature XML as well to make The_J's job easier

Right I am basing this DLL change on the BtS 3.19 DLL. If you have another DLL in your mod then I need the source

The bNaturalWonder tag will allow The_J to determine if a feature is a wonder or not might make his job easier.

I am sure that the dds played through the WonderMovieScreen will display text and that is the system in RFC and that displays text.

by sourse i am assuming you mean what is in the dll? I have no dll expirience and what is added is all by other people, usually roamty.

The following things are in:
60 Civ Playable at a time
DCM
Advanced Diplomacy
AI autoplay

Let me check my most recent discsussions with Raomty though to make sure that is it

No reason to make me a custom DDL now though, since there is a chance we change up DLL in natural wonders mod again, you will have to redue it so no reason to edit it untill we have atleast come up with the begining of the mod

While you do set up a new DLL though, any chance you can add some other DLL things to the mod? Roamtys dll capabilities are limited (although widely exceed mine) so there is a lot of things I want to add that I can not.

so you have a DLL in your mod then... do you have the C++ sources in your mods assets directory?

I am currently testing my plain DLL to see if it is working and I can easy move my code to your custom DLL (provided I have those sources)

and also my DLL abilities are also widely limited (merging code that is not my own could be possible given that I know where everything belongs but I can't garentee anything)

edit:

also seeing that the Natural wonders detection and playmovie code relies on my DLL code, I want to keep it in, I don't care if I have to do it again for the next dll :p

Yess all the assets are in the mod

I would not be asking for much, just merge a bunch of things, but i deeply apreciate the help, so even if you can only do one out of all the ones I request I would be beyond happy with that.

I also have some custom things I would like to see done that have not been before. EX. Wonder movies for wonder units, which obvoiusly you can do since you do it with features, as well as other xml additions. But no reason to overload you with work, we can worry about that after the natural wonders

you know that the wonder units needs more DLL work :p (exactly the same code just in a different place :p)

just thought I should let you know my current position in testing is stuck on how to get the feature infos :lol: the python exception I am getting is either Int object get no attribute isNaturalWonder or None object has no attribute isNaturalWonder... The API is not very clear on what is going on :p

btw, if you can attach the C++ sources in a zip to this thread I can merge my code into it for later, (and see if I can't merge some of your requests... That ought to be a fun error filled time :lol:)

I already did :p basically I was trying to get the feature type for -1 (NO_FEATURE) which was NoneType. by saying if not -1 it works fine :rolleyes:

@ aob86, sadly I will not be working on the scenario for the time being, there is a problem with my civ game, as i described to platyping here:

I would test it by my only problem is my civ is acting like crap:mad:

Mods takes normal time to load, but once I load them there is a nice 30 seconds pause of black screen then it shows main menu, and during game it is really really extremely laggy. Its so weird, as soon as a screen shows up it isnt. So like in the begining of the game, it shows some pigs walking around and a warrior and settler do there little animations, it is super laggy, yet if i press Esc, and the menu with "Return to Main menu" etc show up, all of those turn unlaggy and run perfectly fine! Same thing when leaderheads act for diplomacy, pefect! I'm guessing some sort of virus, going to try to reinstall civ
Although we just had our conflicts with the Auswhitz thing, no reason to stop working together here. If you want to work on the scenario I can upload it here, but for now I will not be working on it untill I fix my game. How is your computer though? Is it back up and running? If so how goes the 1920? Any update, if not im sure you have not worked on it

@ aob86, sadly I will not be working on the scenario for the time being, there is a problem with my civ game, as i described to platyping here:

Although we just had our conflicts with the Auswhitz thing, no reason to stop working together here. If you want to work on the scenario I can upload it here, but for now I will not be working on it untill I fix my game. How is your computer though? Is it back up and running? If so how goes the 1920? Any update, if not im sure you have not worked on it

lol come on man, we just had a disagreement on something, wont be the first time, wont be the last time. i hadnt planned on flying over there and beating you up or removing you from my friends list or anything lol. i always say the world would be a boring place if everyone liked the same things and throught the exact same things.

not took my pc to be fixed yet, place was closed over easter and its abit of a drive away the place i bought it from, with work and everything i just havent got round to it or touched 1920.

All I needed was the C++ sources (the cpp and h files)

and you have given me those... though what is what? :lol:

ok is the BBAI + DCM + AD stuff that needs merging?

I am guessing the stuff in Assets/CvGameCoreDLL is old stuff (as the same stuff is in the C++/CvGameCoreDLL file but with a couple of updates)

AH I am guessing the most up to date DLL is using BBAI!!! ok then I will base my merges on that. Meanwhile gotta contact BBAI team on how they added a file to the DLL :p

honustly I do not know what is what. nothing needs to be merged of what I have given you. That is what Roamty told me to put in the mod, and the mod comps work. It is not only AI autoplay, it is also DCM and advanced Diplomacy, and 60 civ playable. Let me look back in the convo and see where roamty uploaded the files and i can tell you the post number, since that will probably be more helpful

Updated to version 2.4

Spoiler :
Added Platpyings Traits
Added 2 Modern Wonders: Merlion and Changi Airport
Added 20 Ancient Wonders: Vijay Stambha, venetian Arsenal, Semperoper, Royal Albert Hall, Petra, Pha That Luang, Museo Del Prado, Mole Antonelliana, Mont Saint-Michel, Mosque of Uqba, Machu Picchu, La Scala, Kamakhya Temple, Great Zimbabwe, Gold Gumbaz, Cheomseongdae, Chapultepec Castle,Buddhas of Bamiyan, Belem Tower, Blue Mosque

Also imrpoved current wonder greatly. Aded movies for ancient wonders, as well as improved playability for them. Also all modern wonders were redone to be more effective and worht building. Huge improvement in the modern wonders, theya re so much better in this update

Top Bottom