First succession game:

Knickers

Warlord
Hello everyone, here is my first succession game, I would be playing V1.29f (Vanilla).
And here is the scenario:
Standard size map
Pangea with the least water coverage (is it 60%? - the version I have doesn't explicitly say)
Roaming barbs
Climate: Normal
Temperature: Temperate
Civ: Undecided
7 other civs (all random, and because Tupac wishes it to be so)
All victory types' boxes ticked
Accelerated production is a no no
and finally the difficulty: I am playing a regent game (my second ever, and I'm doing alright) I hope that by playing a succession game that I will learn from others playing it too and I am alright with trying my luck on Monarch. We'll have a vote or something when all the players are in.

The Roster:
Me
Tupaclives

lurker's comment: Will be lurking, since my vanilla is not patched, and don't want to patch it for reasons... I could do PTW though.

I'll play!!!!!

And I don't think you can have accelerated production in vanilla anyway...

Lets go with Japan!

Monarch sounds good.

I want in. Is China avaliable? Industrious, Militaristic, and Riders. We can farm Military Leaders for all them pretty wonders. I say go immediately for Iron Working and Mathematics, and just piss off the neighbors.

Yay, some people are in, I was starting to think that nobody would join...
Ok, as for the civ: As for Japan, I'm not too sure, I really like the industrious civs as the workers get everything done so much quicker. China seems like a good idea, but may I suggest France? The corruption difference is massive (they're commercial and industrious). What do you think?

lurker's comment: Have you considered advertising here? There could be people that subcribe to that thread but haven't seen your game yet?

Knickers said:
I don't have PTW... Why don't you want to patch up your vanilla?
I can't play vanilla anyway because I have conquest installed. I would deef play though.

Vanilla 1.29f? Hot diggity! Count me in! I play all my games on deity these days other than variants (like AW), but I'm more than happy to play at monarch.
Personally I'd fancy playing as a lesser civ but whatever you want is fine with me, and would favour having the regular 7 opposing civs. France happens to be my favourite civ and China was the first civ I played as in a SG so either works for me :D

Knickers said:
Boooo to you.
That was rude. :D

I'll see. I'm gonna uninstall my conquests because it is THAT screwed up. I don't know I'll see.

Yay, with a little more persuasion, we could get conquer dude in on it too... (It wasn't meant to be rude, sorry) :D
Tupac - Nice, you could teach us a thing or two then.
Ok, I'm going to make the definitive decision on the civ and it is.... France! Duh duh!
Alright, I'll start rolling off some starts and uploading the saves - you could also do this too, may the best start win in the end. Heh heh.
I'm rolling these starts off at Monarch level by the way. I think that if Tupac helps us, we could all learn a lot and move on up to this level.

Here's the first start I rolled off.

And the save:

Attachments

• Joan d'Arc of the French, 4000 BC.SAV
    58.1 KB · Views: 63
conquer_dude said:
That was rude. :D

I'll see. I'm gonna uninstall my conquests because it is THAT screwed up. I don't know I'll see.

You can play all games with C3C. I load vanilla games all the time, as long as they warn me they are C3. You should have an entry on the start menu for each version.

In my case C3 is under Infogrames or whatever the original publisher was. I have Atari for either PTW or C3C. The only thing I cannot address is if you need the original CD mounted. I do have to have it mounted for vanilla or the C3C CD for the other two.

Note you can even load C3 games with C3C, but once it is saved it will no longer work for vanilla.

Top Bottom