FFH2 in BTS!

Rhymes

Drive 4 25 is back
Congrats to the team ::goodjob: It always feel good to get recognition when you put a lot of effort in something.

So do you know which version is gonna be on BTS?
Did Firaxis include their own changes in the mod?

We want to know everything.

it will have to be the original ffh, and not ffh2, since ffh2 isn't and wont be finished by then, to say nothing of the dozens of lawsuits it would incur without a complete graphics and audio overhaul if they used ffh2( i'm assuming the original infringed on fewer copyrights, i never played it)

i hope they atleast provide information that ffh2 is being made though, a link perhaps? who knows the legal standing on that though.

I just read that as well. Seems odd to me if it is true. I assume it is FfH 1, not FfH 2. It's been awhile but didn't FfH 1 have some copywrited stuff from around the web in it as well? If so, then i don't see how it could be packaged with a product that is for sale.

What they should've done is just put a link into BtS that takes you directly to the most recent version of FfH 2 ;)

FfH 1 was cool but has nothing on the most recent incarnation(s).

- feydras

I could be Shadow FFH2, BtS is due in late July. Firaxis certainly has artists to make replacements for copyrighted art,

Thanks for the congradulations. I wish I could share more information but all I can say is that the team and I have been working on a scenario for BtS for almost a year and we are very excited about it.

I know you guys have questions but we are going to have to ignore them for now. Stay tuned for more announcements from Firaxis, there is more good news to come.

Almost a year? Wow, you've been hiding a whole bunch of stuff from us, huh? :D
Well we all sure hope that it's not an "old" FfH 1, but a shiny new great version. In the other thread someone played witht the thought that it might be Shadow already... but that's just a dream I fear.

Well, don't have time to play anyways (which of course doesn't stop me...).
Can't get my preordered BtS soon enough!

Although it would be very funny to learn that they only gave us an unfished version and laughed at us while they played an already finished shadow with all quests,equipment and everything else.

At first I thought so, but since it would be a sinister doublethink from the team, now I suppose the reason for moving FFH2 to shadow is that the team could use the new material supplied with the polished FFH1.

A shadow beyond the sword?

And then ICEing on the cake?

Is there a deeper meaning to the next FFH phases?

As for upgrades, they could easily, with help from some Firaxis devs, implmented the hidden trait and got some scripted quests while still pumping out fire goodies like the Altar of the Luonattor and Mana Benefits.

Still, too good to be true, probably.
p.s. dbt dp ug.

I don't think that FFH2 was moved to shadow solely because FFH1 art was included (although that might have played a small role).
I think that it was the improved AI from BTS has been also made to use spells more effectively (I hope, I hope, I hope). I also think that BTS had enough "easy" way to do things that the team had to take the long way around on.

Thanks Maniac. From the log an hour ago:
<FXS_jsmith> the Fall from Heaven team has done an amazing job creating a fantasy mod called Age of Ice, it is insane what they have done
and
<Thunderfall> perhaps Kael can eloboarate a little about it? ;)
<FXS_jsmith> I would say yes to Kael, but then you wouldn't enjoy the article thats coming out on IGN as much
<FXS_jsmith> heh
See the whole thing here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=227265

Whohoooo So does that mean that a complete third phase of FfH will ship with BtS???

I was wondering this after reading Kael say that the team had worked over a year on the BtS scenario. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but from what jsmith (BtS Producer) said it sure sounds to me like this is the full deal Ice Phase to me. Did jsmith miss speak, or am I mistaken that Age of Ice is a complete version of the next FfH phase??

I can say almost for sure that you're wrong, just because the next phase of development would be "Shadow", not "Ice", so it must be just a scenario... I doubt Kael and the Team could have made the remaining 2 phases for BtS...

Top Bottom