Quick Questions and Answers

ori

Repair Guy
Retired Moderator
With the release of the game there have been multiple threads already covering recurring questions, so lets try to find them a place.

Civrules put it ever so well in the Civ4 Quick Answers thread, so lets leave it at what he wrote:

Civilization V: Quick Answers

Hi everyone!

In this thread, feel free to ask basic questions about Civilization V. This should make it easier for you guys to get answers quicker, and it should also separate discussion threads from more basic questions. :) With time, this will make it possible for us to put together an official Civilization V FAQ article as well. If you aren't in a rush to post any questions, make sure to read through the available information, which is likely to answer a lot of questions itself.

Just post your questions here without worrying about if it's already covered somewhere else, and hopefully some of the experts will answer them.

I encourage everyone to participate here, answering questions they can. Thanks!

Is this the place for rules question? If so.

What does a Pact of Cooperation gives?
What does a Pact of Secrecy do?
Is there a way to know exactly when a Military City State will give you an unit?

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can rotate the view in Civ V like you could in IV? I've tried shift-arrows, ctrl-arrows, etc., but no good.

I can't believe it isn't possible, bearing in mind the thing's rendered in 3D!

Also, why is the default zoom depth only configurable in a config file rather than on the game settings screens?

Thanks!

(I ought to mention how much I've enjoyed playing today, though. Those City States! - what are they like?)

Does the Great General bonus stack with itself? I.E. If I have 2 GG on the vicinity, does my bonus double?

Which improvements cost maintenance? Only roads and railroads?
What's the formula for the Trade Route yell?

Is it possible to record a game?
i enjoy watching my games later to see what i did good/bad

Is your starting settler allways next to a river or say less than 4 tiles from a river?

can people with the edition that contains babylon play it online to?

Is it possible to rename cities?
Yes, there's a button Edit under the city name in the city view.

My question: Is it possible to see a leader's attitude towards you, and how do the pacts change it?

Hey guys!

I would like to give my civ a specific name. But there isn't enough space for the name I would like to give them. Is there any possibility to change the letter limit???

I can't find a map editor. In the the previews I read, a map editor was mentioned and even pictures shown, but it'st no where to be found?!?

@ Borya If your looking for the numbers like in Civ4 then your out of luck. in the diplo screen I will tell you if they are hostil etc. I think you have to go and talk to them and gauge their reactions to you. This was a consious design choice.

My question is, can you place signs (in civ4 it was Alt S)?

Which improvements cost maintenance? Only roads and railroads?

Every build have a cost maintenance.

That is true. I was talking about improvements like Mines, Farms, etc. On the gold overall it says how much you are expanding in improvements but not how much per improvement and which improvements in fact.

Okay so what would actually make this a good sticky is if the top post included a list of all the questions asked and their answers... anyway I do have a question: Do the city states have a limit to how many units they can support, and if so, what is this limit?

Is this the place for rules question? If so.

What does a Pact of Cooperation gives?
What does a Pact of Secrecy do?
Is there a way to know exactly when a Military City State will give you an unit?

Quote and bump

I have the same questions

What building does the Great Scientist (supposedly...according to the description) create?

I got my first Great Scientist in a one city empire which had Library; University; Great Library and unlike the description the Great Scientist didn't have an option to create an academy or other building. [I didn't have a spare city without library or University to test if it would create a building there.]

I also am interested in just what the Pacts of Cooperation or Secrecy do.

What building does the Great Scientist (supposedly...according to the description) create?

I got my first Great Scientist in a one city empire which had Library; University; Great Library and unlike the description the Great Scientist didn't have an option to create an academy or other building. [I didn't have a spare city without library or University to test if it would create a building there.].

The Academy is now a tile improvement. Put your Great Scientist on a tile outside and build it there. It gives 5 beakers.

I have one big problem: I can't get enough money! I know this is a big question but what are the main sources of gold in this game? How do I get the best out of a gold-specialized city?

Top Bottom