Hulfgar's Modpack

Ok I see it.

There seems to be 2 problems with a test in the industrial era : the brewery gives 6 Ale (should be 3) and the steel foundry 0 steel (should be 5!).

9.2 it running fine so I ran a quick test between those 2 versions and found nothing.
I will have to look deeper into it.
If somebody has some knowledge with modding some help would be welcome.

Couldn't get any of the new resources to be created - though I coul;d trade for them (so AI is building them OK it seems) - could not produce steel or diesel/kerosine or ale (using USA single player all other mods switched off).

Couldn't get any of the new resources to be created - though I coul;d trade for them (so AI is building them OK it seems) - could not produce steel or diesel/kerosine or ale (using USA single player all other mods switched off).

I was also unable to get kerosene/Diesel from the refinery. I don't think it's only because they're new resources, though, since timber from lumberjack's appears just fine.

I don't think it's only because they're new resources, though, since timber from lumberjack's appears just fine.

Yes it's something strange. Ale was working fine in the first game I tried to test and now it's bugged as well.

After 5 tests I've had the same problems and observations as the other posters with one interesting exception. I loaded up a trainer to get quick gold and went as rapidly as possible to develop a hex with wheat. I did a purchase build of a brewery and got ale. I got 82 ales with one wheat hex and one brewery.

Hopefully you can find the nagging little glitch causing this. I do appreciate your mod and think it's a major improvement over the vanilla game.

Hmm does having the '383 patch preclude using your 9.2 version?

Hmm does having the '383 patch preclude using your 9.2 version?

9.2 is compatible with patch 383, perhaps compatible with earlier patch as well but no guarantee.

I got 82 ales with one wheat hex and one brewery.
This is in the same range as when I got 6 Ale instead of 3, this bug as really a strange behavior.

I am currently checking log files and correcting what can be.

Well if you can track down the bug that would be great. Oh I assume you primped barbarian behavior? I usually play with raging barbarians on and with your mod they are definitely raging barbarians (had a couple chase one of my scouts across a small continent till they pinned and killed it). With raging on it really slows down city spread for player and AI.

for some reason i cant scrole into the tech tree and when i open it i see the new techs and icons but i cannot move the picture and the name of the classical era is in the middle

i use the mod alone without any dlc

Quick query with 9.2- is there a problem with CS's and aluminium? I see they have the resource in their boundaries, they have mines on it but they aren't sharing it- and it is not showing in the diplomatic screen.

It is pretty far into the game so I imagine they have researched it.

I have found the reason for the bug with the buildings and new resources (forgot to put the VFS of the file notificationpanel.xml to true!)

The new version is ready to download here : Version 10.2.
In my test it was compatible with saved games from ver 10 and 10.1, the missing resources would be added at the start of the next turn.
But I would advise to start a new game to avoid any conflict.

I have cross checked all settings between 9.2 and 10.2 and all log files so I hope this is the last major bug in version 10... .

Thanks for your patience and the feedbacks :)

Cicerosaurus no there is no special reason why the CS would not trade their resources, but I will have a look into this because if it's a bug, then it's in version 10 as well... .

PAVLOS_GR300 which version of the mod ?
In which language to you play ?
Is it with any Civilization or 1 specific ?
I suppose your Civ 5 is up to date ?
Did you try to clear the cache ?

hi hulfgar,
many thanks for a great mod, civ 5 is playable (with painkillers) but your mod gives it a nice flavour thats quite palitable
i havent played it to much because i carn,t get the origional resorces though once i got iron when i resarched the tech
i,ve tried all the suggestions deleting cache reinstalling deleted all other mods etc but nothing works tryed about 5 times
any help would greatley be apperciated as i carn,t wait to sink my teeth into this great mod
cheers dan

hi hulfgar,
thanks for the reply, i tried 10.1 then 10.2 i tried to find 9.2 but couldn,t find it

Squiddie,

you can download 9.2 here : http://www.mediafire.com/?t1gz6a6z6ywc9m5
Please run a test with it, the resources were working in it.

10.1 was definitely bugged.
10.2 is running (I have begun a game with it yesterday and so far everything is running fine, aside from the impi showing as regular swordsman but that is a secondary issue).

Take the time to first delete older version and clear the cache.

Pavlos could you try with ver 10.2?
I will test Greece when I am at home tonight, with 9.2 and 10.2.
If it's still bugged could you send me a saved game?

Thanks,

Hulfgar

sorry to be a pain hulfgar
i tried 9.2 and got the same result cleared the cache deleted 10.2 etc
i,ve got no dlc and its installed on steam
i looked under the resorces folder all your new resorces are there but not the old ones
thanks dan

i tested version 10.2 and everything is fine.i also tried version 10.1 but the buildings kept making resourses forever and not once and also some buldings like the scrap metal didnt gave anything.

also i want to find a way to make something like end at industrial because i dont like the mechanic units of later eras but the end at industrial mod doesnt properly works so if u please could tell me what to do i would be happy.also a suggestion:make research slower and increase a little the production because the ages speed up a lot at least in my opinion.i play this mod with use only of the extended era mod.also i want to ask that if i dont use any dlc i lose parts of the mod or only the civilizations?

Squiddie we will have to look into the log files. I will give you a tuto on this tomorrow but if you know where to find them I will need the files Database, Lua and Xml in the folder ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs.

I hope this will give us some clue about the bug source.

Do you have a Steam version of Civ 5 or a box version ?

Pavlos you can delete version 10.1, the resource are bugged in it, version 10.2 is the working version :)

also i want to find a way to make something like end at industrial because i dont like the mechanic units of later eras but the end at industrial mod doesnt properly works so if u please could tell me what to do i would be happy.

If you give me 2 or 3 weeks I should have a second version of the mod ending at the industrial age.
I already have a file to do this but it needs to be updated to version 10.2 and it only cancels the modern units, not the techs and buildings.
What I now plan needs a rework of the tech tree and buildings of the modern era so it will take some time because the smallest mistake can break everything :sad:

I will see how to slow down the techs in this version.

also i want to ask that if i dont use any dlc i lose parts of the mod or only the civilizations?

You lose nothing, it's just that with Danrell's units we have a set of ethnic units for Spain. And whithout those 2 small mods Polynesia, Inca and Spain would be able to build the I-400, Surcouf and Sturmtiger.
So you don't need those civs to enjoy the mod.

Top Bottom