Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Wasn't sure whether to post this here, in bugs + technical problems, or in the brazil thread.

Brazil begins without an Expansion civic, (most civs just begin with Subjugation but Brazil has nothing selected) and upon spawn I had a weird +13 in "Cities Conquered" stability, and -29 in "Cities Lost" stability. The +13 changed to +28 when 5 cities joined my rising empire.

Also, I'm not crazy about Brazil's UP. It's does very little unless you get oil company in lots of your cities, and even then, it isn't worth a ton. Plus, it's not working for me- the sugar isn't counting towards oil company revenue.

Slave plantations can still be built on jungles and forests but do not clear the tile. I'm guessing it is not your intent to allow forest plantations to be powered up and jungle plantations to be gimped until biology. Perhaps if you just force a plantation to already be in place on the tile in order to build a slave plantation?

Wasn't sure whether to post this here, in bugs + technical problems, or in the brazil thread.

Brazil begins without an Expansion civic, (most civs just begin with Subjugation but Brazil has nothing selected) and upon spawn I had a weird +13 in "Cities Conquered" stability, and -29 in "Cities Lost" stability. The +13 changed to +28 when 5 cities joined my rising empire.

Also, I'm not crazy about Brazil's UP. It's does very little unless you get oil company in lots of your cities, and even then, it isn't worth a ton. Plus, it's not working for me- the sugar isn't counting towards oil company revenue.

Sounds like Brazil needs a lot of work haha.

Also this is my new favorite mod for Civ 4, which is saying a lot since I really like Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn. I can't stop playing.

That means that Argentina will be there but not playable?
Now, it just means that I added the Argentianian assets to the game, without actually adding them to the scenario, and do all the stuff that makes it possible for them to become a player. I have basically only done what you would need to do to add a civ in BtS.

Okay, I'll take care of that.

Not all UPs are terribly powerful. Are you sure it doesn't count? Sugar isn't displayed in the list of consumed resources but it should increase your revenue.

Slave plantations can still be built on jungles and forests but do not clear the tile. I'm guessing it is not your intent to allow forest plantations to be powered up and jungle plantations to be gimped until biology. Perhaps if you just force a plantation to already be in place on the tile in order to build a slave plantation?
Thanks for the notification. Checking for present improvement isn't possible without lots of effort, but I will disallow them on forests and jungles completely.

How about to make Wembley a little later able to build? For now it's very hard for Brazil to build it. It's always built by England or Prussia at about 1860 to 1870(monarch, epic).
So I suggest to make Wembley able to build after Radio or Mass Media. In fact, football started to influence the world after the invention of radio and TV. And also, either Wembley or Maracana was built in 20th century.

Good idea. I think it should be Radio. The Eiffel Tower can be moved to Steel then instead.

Oh, Astronomy as an Economics prereq does make some sense.

I think that the additional Rifling pre-requisite would be enough.

Good idea. I think it should be Radio. The Eiffel Tower can be moved to Steel then instead.

I prefer the Wembley able with Mass Media or Industrialism, and Eiffel could able with Steel and Electricity. At least, it will fit with the true history.

Some Bugs here

1. when Rio de Janeiro flips to Brazil, there is all Portuguese but not Brazilian culture.

Spoiler :

2.when cities flips to a new civ, if there are galleons in this city, the units in this city will enter the galleons automatically, and next turn, when this city flips, it will be easy for enemy's cavarly to re-capture this city, because it's just an empty city.

Such as Belem at the picture below, I face the same thing when I play as Mexico and Prussia.

Spoiler :

3.If a unit in the flip area but not in a city, it will not flip to the new civ, such as those workers. It will be very dangerous if there a lot of enemy troops out of city.

And still, I don't know Denver and Santa Fe didn't flip to Mexico, seems they are also in the flip area.

Spoiler :

4.A mexico starting, without a city has Catholicism...

How about add 4 or 5 Catholicism Missionaries to Mexico when it spawns

Spoiler :

1. when Rio de Janeiro flips to Brazil, there is all Portuguese but not Brazilian culture.
Noted.

2.when cities flips to a new civ, if there are galleons in this city, the units in this city will enter the galleons automatically, and next turn, when this city flips, it will be easy for enemy's cavarly to re-capture this city, because it's just an empty city.

Such as Belem at the picture below, I face the same thing when I play as Mexico and Prussia.
I've already noticed that as well, not sure what causes this though.

3.If a unit in the flip area but not in a city, it will not flip to the new civ, such as those workers. It will be very dangerous if there a lot of enemy troops out of city.

And still, I don't know Denver and Santa Fe didn't flip to Mexico, seems they are also in the flip area.
Noted.

4.A mexico starting, without a city has Catholicism...

How about add 4 or 5 Catholicism Missionaries to Mexico when it spawns
I think it's better to make their starting religion and UHV related stuff dynamic, at least among the Christian denominations. I will change some things about the Mexican UHV anyway.

I think it's better to make their starting religion and UHV related stuff dynamic, at least among the Christian denominations. I will change some things about the Mexican UHV anyway.

How about make it among all religions? Arab, Mughal and Japan are also possible to discover the new world

It's too alt-historical.. they are not supposed to discover the new world anyway.. IMO perhaps the Conquistador mechanism should happen to European civs only.
If Mali meets Maya first, they shouldn't get conqueror but instead befriend the Maya :)

Why? It's unlikely that non-European civs will be so aggressive and brutal towards the native American :)
They are not motivated with Gold, Glory and Gospel motive, only the European did so.

Everyone is motivated by Gold and Glory, and in case of Islam, we also have a fairly well-developed conception of fighting for God. It's not like Malinese routinely conquer the New World in DoC anyway.

It's too alt-historical.. they are not supposed to discover the new world anyway.. IMO perhaps the Conquistador mechanism should happen to European civs only.
If Mali meets Maya first, they shouldn't get conqueror but instead befriend the Maya :)

Why? It's unlikely that non-European civs will be so aggressive and brutal towards the native American :)
They are not motivated with Gold, Glory and Gospel motive, only the European did so.

Don't you feel it interesting to see Chinese or Japanese, or even Arabian, Indonesian America?;) I feel cool when I saw Islam or Buddhism spread in New World.

Actually, maybe it could be true if Zheng He explored to the east instead of to the west.

It is cool, off course.. but IMO if we really want to accommodate alt-history seriously, then besides INDIA, CHINA, PERSIA, ARAB, ROME, and BYZANTINE, everybody else should start with dynamic mercenaries (like in America code) and every religious-related UHV should be dynamic.. not just the new world~

Top Bottom