7 new screenshots and more information emerges from GDC (8th March 2012)

You're only shown the icons of a certain ressource when you are in a certain era already. You're not shown aluminium in the classic era either. S
Of course.
But as seen there's coal, oil and aluminium I'd assume saltpeter would be there as well.
Also if you look at the units (infantry, machine gun, bomber, artillery) one could assume saltpeter would be needed for at least one of them if it was a strategic resource.

Of course.
But as seen there's coal, oil and aluminium I'd assume saltpeter would be there as well.
Also if you look at the units (infantry, machine gun, bomber, artillery) one could assume saltpeter would be needed for at least one of them if it was a strategic resource.

Okay, you definetly got a point with this. Salpeter would probably be the demanded ressource for muskets or so.

I think some names are temporary: WW1 bomber can't be the official name...

That makes no sense at all. Wales and Scotland are part of Britain, so how would changing England to Britain help distinguish it from the Celts. If anything it would do the opposite.

I'm not sure, but I think Britain is the same as England, but Great Britain includes Wales and Scotland. Still, it would indeed be more confusing to have it called Britain then to have it stay as England.
It probably will be way worse then that though - Boudicca is a new leader, which probably means we'll have both England and Britain.

The one thing I don't get with the Celts is that the city names we've seen so far are all from the British Isles and very...English names of those cities. Then the UU is also from the same region, and so is Boudicca. Take 2 have announced the civ as the Celts...but are they in fact the Britons?

I doubt that this will come true....but could it be that we have the Britons and the Celts? Looking at the latest info, it does call the Pictish warrior the Celt UU, so maybe not!

Neuschwanstein's screenshot seems to have been overlooked:

It wasn't a case of it being overlooked; when I saw the screenshots early this morning, there wasn't a decent sized preview of it and the leaning tower of Pisa, so I only posted the five that did have reasonable sizes and left the thread followers to click the link for the missing screenshots.

More info from Cloak and dagger; they mention that "while we were playing, we saw that Queen Theodora was secretly plotting against Dido, the queen of Carthage. Now, we could have given Dido the heads-up."

Empress Theodora (Wife of Justinian I)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodora_(wife_of_Justinian_I))
Theodora is perhaps the most influential and powerful woman in the Roman Empire's history.

Theodora is considered a great female figure of the Byzantine Empire, and a pioneer of feminism, because of the laws she passed, increasing the rights of women. As a result of Theodora's efforts, the status of women in the Byzantine Empire was elevated far above that of women in the Middle East and the rest of Europe.

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/people/A0848391.html
Theodora d. 548, Byzantine empress. Information about her early career comes from the often-questionable source, the Secret History of Procopius. It appears that she was the daughter of an animal trainer in the circus, and that she was an actress and prostitute before her marriage (523) to Justinian I, who, on his accession in 527, made her joint ruler of the empire. A stronger person than her husband, she helped save the throne through her energetic action in the Nika riot (532) In her youth Theodora came under the influence of the Monophysite sect; Justinian's efforts to reconcile the Monophysites to orthodoxy were probably inspired by her. She is represented in the mosaics of the church of San Vitale, in Ravenna.

Would be really great to get a screenshot/concept art of her. Curious to see what she'll look like. :)

From Civ III:
Spoiler :

By the records from the era she was most beautiful ruler of the time:
Spoiler :

Would be cool if she looked something like this in CiV. Sitting on the throne, surrounded with Byzantine decorations.
Spoiler :

I'm not sure, but I think Britain is the same as England, but Great Britain includes Wales and Scotland.

No, England and Britain are not the same. (Great) Britain is England, Scotland and Wales.

It probably will be way worse then that though - Boudicca is a new leader, which probably means we'll have both England and Britain.

Boudica is leader of the Celts. We will have both England and the Celts, but not Britain.

I'm not sure, but I think Britain is the same as England, but Great Britain includes Wales and Scotland. Still, it would indeed be more confusing to have it called Britain then to have it stay as England.
Posts like this just make us brits *headdesk*.

England, Wales and Scotland are the constituent nations of Great Britain. The UK is the United Kingdom of Great Britain (ie England, Wales and Scotland) and Northern Ireland. Britain is most correctly a shorthand for Great Britain, sometimes for the UK.

Boudica was a leader of a prominent tribe of Britons, IIRC, Britons (along with Picts, Gauls, and others, many who lived outside of the British Isles) being a Celtic people. Modern Celtic languages are divided into groups, but include Welsh, Breton, Scots Gaelic and Irish Gaelic, along with the not-strictly-living Manx and Cornish.

Posts like this just make us brits *headdesk*.

England, Wales and Scotland are the constituent nations of Great Britain. The UK is the United Kingdom of Great Britain (ie England, Wales and Scotland) and Northern Ireland. Britain is most correctly a shorthand for Great Britain, sometimes for the UK.

Seems fairly complicated to me :mischief:

Why the dutch cities have the icon used in maritime CS? Amsterdan, Roterdan, Utrecht, Groningen have it. Perhaps this icon represents religion now?

Top Bottom