spain

Originally posted by AlanH
Check out my answer to a similar recent question.

Hey AlanH,

I have also run into a "Lady of Spain" issue as well. I do, however, have the 7 Spain fics files and had no issues with Spain in earlier GOTMs. They can contact me, but if I try to negotiate the game crashes. I will see if I can get a crash log, but I have not yet tried that so my success will be poor I fear...

If that's in the current game you need to take it to PM with Cracker, as it's considered a spoiler. (I'm not sure why, as a list of all the playing civs is visible at turn #0)

OK guys, I found the problem. At least one corrupted file. You need to reinstall the GOTM specific files. The easiest way is to use Alan's excelent pkg script he has written. Just click on the signature area at the end of all his posts where it says "GOTM Installers" and choose the FULL install.

By the way, that is a wonderful help for anyone who is just starting out or has to re-install later. Great job Alan!

@Wolp: Thanks for your endorsement and free publicity :)

One health warning - n8mac tells me the installer fails on OS X 10.1.x, and I still have to investigate why. So far all Jaguar/10.2.x testers have reported it works OK.

Originally posted by timtolley
okay I will give it a shot.
It'll only work for Mac OS X 10.2 users. Windows users will need to use Cracker's installers and add-ons if they want to reinstate all their GOTM mods.

Originally posted by AlanH

It'll only work for Mac OS X 10.2 users. Windows users will need to use Cracker's installers and add-ons if they want to reinstate all their GOTM mods.

Good point Alan,

I guess I just assumed he was using a Mac...:crazyeye:

Now why would I go and do that I wonder...

Originally posted by Wolp
I guess I just assumed he was using a Mac...:crazyeye:

Now why would I go and do that I wonder...
It's a reasonable assumption ... if we keep on making it, maybe one day it'll come true ;)

Originally posted by timtolley no not a mac..
Never mind, you'll see the light one day ;)

If you read this thread you'd have found a link to my post describing a correction you need to make to the Spain file set in Civilization III/Art/flics.

If that doesn't work then you'd have seen that others in this thread have fixed the problem by reinstalling all the GOTM files. The reinstallation procedure depends on which operating system you are running:

On a PC you need to reinstall the GOTM21 full installation then add the GOTM22 and GOTM23 add-ons.

On a Mac with OS 10.2 you can use the GOTM23 full installer linked from my signature.

On earlier Mac OS versions you'll have to reinstall all the GOTM file packs from 16 to 23, carefully following the instructions for each one.

Top Bottom