Can't see cities on map

[WTN]Manhattan

Chieftain
I have Civ2 Multiplayer Gold. My Problem is that in some Scenarios some foreign cities are invisible (f.e. New York and Chicago in WW79) botj on the main scrren and mini map. In WW1, nearly all foreign cities are invisible. The odd thing is that when I click on the tile the city is, the window with the City Name occures, so the City is not unkown by the means of gameplay.

Has anybody the same problem or a sollution?

I added a screenshot to make the thing a bit clearer. Is it really meant to be that way? Just one city visible far away (see mini map) How does f. e. the Napoleon scenario look on your Computer?

Long ago, I had civ2 vanilla with Conflicts in Civilization as add-on. I really can't remember that the Scenarios were messed up like that!

The vanilla ww2 scenario works fine. The problem seems to be only with the add-on Scenarios.

Attachments

• Civ2Napoleon.JPG
    Civ2Napoleon.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 111
Have you sent a unit in their direction? If they stay hidden that is odd. If they appear, that is just the fog-of-war. You cannot see another unit or city, unless they are in view. Once out of view, a city will retain the last view, until it is once again in view. An AI unit will remain in view on a tile, unless they move away from that tile, even if they are no longer in view of your units.

When moving a unit to a city, it appears. But it is still odd. The single city on the screenshot in my first post (Moscow) is visible even there is no unit close to it. In ww79 all cities are visible except New York and Chicago. The other strange thing is that when clicking on a tile with an invisible City, I still get the city name window (see screenshot in this post).

If it is the fog of war, the scenario creator messed it up while creating the scenario. Maybe they first revealed the map and then added more cities?

However, according to my memory, this Problem didn't occure with the add-on Conflicts in Civilization. Is it possible the MGE is in some way incompatible to these "old" scenarios? Has anybody the same experience?

Attachments

• Civ2Napoleon2.JPG
    Civ2Napoleon2.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 81
Top Bottom