Nuclear Submarines won't attack cities

auburnfan

Chieftain
Hi. I'm a relative newbie. I'm trying to take a capital that is on a different continent. My nukes don't have enough range to strike. After many attempts, I was able to rebase a nuke to a nuclear sub. Then, I sent sub to adjacent tile of enemy capitol. But, when I click on ranged attack, even though the sub is clearly close enough to the city, the capitol is not included in the range. Is this a bug? Or, are nuclear subs not able to attack cities? Is there some other way to nuke this capitol? Thanks.

any submarines can only attack ships or embarked units. You may notice they do not have promotion to attack land targets. If you want to attack land targets you need galeas, frigates, or battle ships or missile cruisers.

Hi. I'm a relative newbie. I'm trying to take a capital that is on a different continent. My nukes don't have enough range to strike. After many attempts, I was able to rebase a nuke to a nuclear sub. Then, I sent sub to adjacent tile of enemy capitol. But, when I click on ranged attack, even though the sub is clearly close enough to the city, the capitol is not included in the range. Is this a bug? Or, are nuclear subs not able to attack cities? Is there some other way to nuke this capitol? Thanks.

You should select the nuke, and launch it from the sub.
And don't do that from the adjacent tile, as you are going to blow up the submarine as well.

You click on the nuke itself, which will be denoted by a "1" (or another number, if you have more of them) above the sub. That will allow you to select the nuclear missile, which can attack the city.

The ranged attack is the submarine's attack.

You click on the nuke itself, which will be denoted by a "1" (or another number, if you have more of them) above the sub. That will allow you to select the nuclear missile, which can attack the city.

The ranged attack is the submarine's attack.

It never ceases to amaze me the things you can learn in this forum.

Top Bottom