Events & Sundry Items Balance or Bugs Thread

i'm new on here. where do i post a save game? And also, it isn't just one game, it is every wildmana game once I get to around turn 150... very demoralizing

i'm new on here. where do i post a save game? And also, it isn't just one game, it is every wildmana game once I get to around turn 150... very demoralizing

if its every game, then it is most likely one of two areas.

1) incorrect download/patch version

2) your system is having trouble processing the mod

you may want to double check that you have a clean 8.0 main download, and then the latest patch

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8718494&postcount=1

also check out the Memory Allocation Failure thread..... though you may not be having MAFs, it may be something similar to it

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359248

i dloaded it only a few weeks ago.
If I have ranged warfare and houses of erebus and passive training, then it is 8.0 right?

Every game eventually stalls between turns... so posting a save game to have it fixed doesn't really help, because I know the next game will do the same thing. You don't have this problem? Maybe i need a patch?

thanks SO much if this works. you have done a very fine thing with this game

In the latest release (nonbeta) version of WM, Barnaxus's combat promos are not passed down to golems. In addition, Gimil's Craftsmaster trait does nothing.

Hello all:

I'm relatively new to Wildmana but not to FfH. I have an odd WM bug: randomly, when I start a new game, it won't load the interface. I tried pressing alt+I (well I forget if it's supposed to be alt, shift or ctrl, so I do all of them :lol:) and it still won't come up. What I have to do is load up FfH, create a game, close out, then relaunch WM. I'm running Windows 7. I don't know which version WM I have, but I dl'd around late Sept. (is there a way I can look in a file somewhere to verify the version?)

A couple of small things:

I have built a Chanter (via assimilation) but it does not have the Escape ability. (Or Force 2)

I have captured a Pegasus, but can't ride it. Is a Tech required? The "Ride Pegasus" ability does not appear in the 'Pedia.

A couple of times I have explored a Dungeon and had no result. No message. Nada.

@Raguel
With Win 7 make sure you run the game as Administrator (right click and select Run as Administrator), see if that helps. Isn't the version in the upper right of the menu screen?

@ Caradoc
IIRC Austrin are the only civ able to ride a Pegasus.

Another small thing: After you take a Werewolf fort, you get some gold for "selling the meat". Is that really a good move?

I am playing as ljosalfar and I have a few units with Esus... none of my units have icons along the bottom of the screen, making it very difficult to move armies precisely... does this have to do with Esus and hidden nationality? I have never seen this in any other game

not sure what you mean here, could you explain better? right now what I understand is that your esus units lack the "attack" "move to" "explore" etc. icons.

i figured it out. i had a little button off, so i couldn't see my stack.

but while I'm on here, why does every unit i build in my capital get poisoned by an assassin... is this an esus thing too? esus incompatible with foL?

it happens when you the cult of esus in your cities but do not have it as your state religion.
either convert to the cult or get rid of it.

@Raguel
With Win 7 make sure you run the game as Administrator (right click and select Run as Administrator), see if that helps. Isn't the version in the upper right of the menu screen?

I still have the problem running as Admin :/

here's another thing I noticed. I don't know if it is a bug, but it might be of interest.

You can't build an ice node. This means you can't build a tower of elementalism unless you find a wild ice node or take over the illian palace? Is this right? So no tower victory possible unless you are illians or kill them? Seems odd. Did I overlook something?

no this is intended in wildmana 8.x
you can get ice mana also using the wildmana option.
(the same issue is true for force and creation mana)

I still have the problem running as Admin :/

Two things come to my meager mind.

1) When you start a WM game choose Play Now and not a Custom Game to clear any previously set options. After starting that game exit and you can try a Custom Game, if you wish.

2) Download both the main and patch files and reinstall using the default paths. Be sure to laucnh these files as the Administrator.

here's another thing I noticed. I don't know if it is a bug, but it might be of interest.

You can't build an ice node. This means you can't build a tower of elementalism unless you find a wild ice node or take over the illian palace? Is this right? So no tower victory possible unless you are illians or kill them? Seems odd. Did I overlook something?

You only need the four primal colors for the tower of ele... (fire/water/earth/air) no ice is needed....Can't check to make sure atm, but should be :)

Top Bottom