tesbs hero classes

tesb

Emperor
i finished all classes, but mounted heroes will have only two choices. all in all there are 9 classes and each class can has two mutually exclusive options to specialize further, giving 18 different choices on how to specialize heroes.

here are the 9 classes in a short overview:
Spoiler :

Melee:
Spoiler :
1) Barbarian (gives +1/-1 and after successful combat he gets an Adrenaline Rush (+20% attack strength; 50% expire chance))
1a) Toughness (gives +1/+1)
1b) Blood Rage (immune to Fear; Fear; 10% health from combat)

2) Blade Dancer (gives 2 Firststrikes and +25% against melee)
2a) Dizzying Speed (immunity to Defensive and First Strikes; Multiple Attacks)
2b) Critical Strikes (gives the Critical Strike promotion after combat (+50% strength, removed by combat) ==> (every second strike is a critical one))

3) Warden (gives increased chance to defend; defends against assassins; can see invisible units)
3a) Eternal Defender (gives 35% heal from combat; 25% combat limit)
3b) Immortal Guard (gives the Immortal Promotion after combat)

Recon:
Spoiler :
1) Blade Dancer (gives 2 Firststrikes and +25% against melee)
1a) Dizzying Speed (immunity to Defensive and First Strikes; Multiple Attacks)
1b) Critical Strikes (gives the Critical Strike promotion after combat (+50% strength, removed by combat) ==> (every second strike is a critical one))

2) Deepwood Ranger (gives +1 Movement in Forest, Ancient Forest and Jungle also gains +30% strength in those environments)
2a) Tracking (gives +1 Sightrange; +2 Firststrikes and can see invisible units)
2b) Stalking (gives Hidden Promotion after combat)

3) Blood Bow (gives 0/-3; marksman and 15%combat heal)
3a) Blood Feast (gives +2 xp per combat and +2 gold per combat)
3b) Blood Arrow (gives the Withered promotion to enemy untits (25%)))

Archer
Spoiler :
1) Blackwood Archer (gives ranged combat strength and increases the ranged combat limit)
1a) Enchanted Bowstring (gives +1 ranged combat range)
1b) Piercing Arrow (further increases the ranged combat strength and the ranged combat limit)

2) Deepwood Ranger (gives +1 Movement in Forest, Ancient Forest and Jungle also gains +30% strength in those environments)
2a) Tracking (gives +1 Sightrange; +2 Firststrikes and can see invisible units)
2b) Stalking (gives Hidden Promotion after combat)

3) Blood Bow (gives 0/-3; marksman and 15%combat heal)
3a) Blood Feast (gives +2 xp per combat and +2 gold per combat)
3b) Blood Arrow (gives the Withered promotion to enemy untits (25%)))

Disciple:
Spoiler :
1) Zealot (gives +20% Strength and +15% Chance to convert)
1a) Apostate Hunter (targets disciple units first)
1b) Mage Hunter (targets arcane units first)

2) Justicar (gives -1/-1 and +2 Holy combat)
2a) Purification (gives -1/-1 and + 2 Fire Combat)
2b) Verdict (gives Verdict promotion to enemy units (50%) (-50% holy resistance, 50% chance to wear off)

3) Warden (gives increased chance to defend; defends against assassins; can see invisible units)
3a) Eternal Defender (gives 35% heal from combat; 25% combat limit)
3b) Immortal Guard (gives the Immortal Promotion after combat)

Mounted:
Spoiler :
1) Barbarian (gives +1/-1 and after successful combat he gets an Adrenaline Rush (+20% attack strength; 50% expire chance))
1a) Toughness (gives +1/+1)
1b) Blood Rage (immune to Fear; Fear; 10% health from combat)

2) Stormrider (gives 2 Firststrikes and 1 Movement)
2a) Thunderweapon (gives + 1 lighting strength)
2b) Storm Avatar (gives -3/-3; +5 lighting strength; the unit is not alive; -25% healrate)

3) no third class for mounted heroes.

comments/ suggestions and critique is welcome as always :)

below is overview for melee classes i posted earlier.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• meleeskills.png
    meleeskills.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 854
  • classes.jpg
    classes.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 632
it means that if the unit attacks (defending still works as usual) it will not deal more then 25% damage of the attacked units strength. (similiar to the old illusions who could not kill things in offensive combat) this specialization is primarily for heroes that you want to park in a city and defend against whole armies with them.

edit: i will probably make some interlinked trees i.e. the disciple units can become wardens and recon units can become blade dancers and so on i still have to add a lot of new classes for mounted, recon, disciple and archer heroes.

edit 2: i have the same concerns as you, regarding the balance if it is really too strong i will nerf those abilities a bit.

As gekko said.

tesb, I think it would be too weak since the eternal guard only does 25% damage in offense or defense. How about giving him -25% combat (but not -25% combat defense)? Thus he will be weaker in offense but still able to kill in defense.

Interesting idea, as always, tesb!

he can kill in the defense, that is his job^^
his offensive strength is not touched he simply can deal more then 25% damage of the attacked units health

he can kill in the defense, that is his job^^
his offensive strength is not touched he simply can deal more then 25% damage of the attacked units health

AFAIK, iCombatLimit 25 means that the unit only able to deliver damage up to 25% opponent's HP. Thus a Paladin (16 :strength:) only damage 25% a Warrior (3 :strength:) max at (3*25%) = 0.75 point. He would never kill the Warrior. And it happens both in offense or defense. That's how it works with Illusions. Or am I mistaken?

you are mistaken, in defense illusions can kill :) this mechanic only works on the offense.

yes some are, i don't know however from which hero i stole them though.

Great ideas, although the Berserker line seems a little ... well, not weak, but less strong than the other two. Specifically "Toughness" - I know why withdrawl matters for a hero, but 25% withdrawl is a little lackluster for a high-level hero upgrade, especially compared with the other two.

Maybe rename it "Unyielding Charge" and throw in either Blitz or another movement? (Just looked at the blade dancer, it has both on a secondary promo!)

Or, how about "Killing Frenzy" - 25% withdrawl on its own, but grants "Bodycount" promo after battle; +1/-1, 20% expire chance, stackable. :devil:

Had the same feeling about Berserkers being somewhat weak compared to blade dancers. Maybe give the Adrenaline Rush a fixed duration and the ability to stack X times, so he can keep going during wartime? After all, that's what a berserker does, thriving in the heat of battle.

to be honest i would rather bring the other promotions down to the berserker level.
but first i will hook up the archer/recon/disciple trees.
i have no plans for arcane units at the moment since arcane units already have a wide range of promotions.

No, no, don't nerf other promotions. You can make berserker stronger just by allowing Adrenaline Rush to stack (I-V, maybe). And why does the berserker gain withdrawl bonus? Shouldn't berserker charge recklessly to battle? A penalty on withdrawl is more proper, IMHO.

No, no, don't nerf other promotions. You can make berserker stronger just by allowing Adrenaline Rush to stack (I-V, maybe). And why does the berserker gain withdrawl bonus? Shouldn't berserker charge recklessly to battle? A penalty on withdrawl is more proper, IMHO.
sure, nerf them. theyre too strong at the moment. surely this needs testing, but well, you already stated yourself they need a little rebalancing.

nerf
boost

1) Berserker
-gives +1/0
-after successful combat he gets an Adrenaline Rush (+1/0; +25% Withdrawal; 50% expire chance)

you can then further specialize your Berserker into

1a) Toughness
-gives 25% Withdrawal
Boring! Also, useless. You don't want your heroes to fight battles they're likely to lose. I would replace this with a post-combat promo that gives a bonus to attack and a malus to defense, as I posted above.

1b) Blood Rage
-immune to Fear; Fear; 15% health from combat

2) Blade Dancer
-gives +1/1 and +50% against melee :eek: This hero already has to have +100% and +3/3 strength, another 50% against melee is hugely powerful. Replace with 3 first strikes or somesuch.

2a) Dizzying Speed
-immunity to Defensive and First Strikes; +2 Firstrikes; Multiple Attacks; +1 Movement Too much awesome for one promo. Do one or the other.

2b) Critical Strikes
-gives the Critical Strike promotion after combat (+50% strength, removed by combat) ==> (every second strike should be a critical one, but i have to test this first)

3) Warden
-gives +0/2; increased chance to defend; always defends (i.e. saves against assassins)

3a) Eternal Defender
-gives 100% heal from combat; 25% combat limit ==> similar to the old illusion promotion but even weaker in the offense 100% heal is ridiculous - they will be impossible to kill. Nerf it to 90% heal - still Uber, but not excessive.

3b) Immortal Guard
-gives the Immortal Promotion after combat Needs something else. I like Immortal here, but this lacks appeal as it is a one-time effect, and the unit will be almost invincible with Eternal Defender anyway.
It seems like you wanted Berserker to be the best attacker, Warden to be a defender, and Blade Dancer to be in between. As it stands, I would argue that blade dancer is the most powerful. I would focus more on first strikes with BD than the +% combat bonuses.

@hbar
i like your suggestion but keep in mind that those promotion are mutually exclusive, you can specialize a warden into either eternal defender or immortal guard

And why does the berserker gain withdrawl bonus?
don't see it as withdrawal but a chance to survive even wounds that would otherwise kill.

Top Bottom