Team Free Embassy

Ok, Donsig - you caught me :lol:

I really had no idea where to go with the letter after the first two sentences, so I just threw in some schlock.

good start and intention. :thumbsup:

How about offering some worker trades? It certainly helps them, too, but if SABER is that hesitant, I'd rather start helping ourselves. :old:

At least we can discuss it (we don't have to conclude the deal ;) ) and show some good will.

Just if you guys think, the letter should have more then the obligatory 10 letters :D

I guess it doesn't hurt to talk to them about a worker trade. I still think we should tie this in to attacking GONG.

proposed note to FREE said:
Dear Free,

As you certainly know, our worst fears have come to be: The GLET is a fact, and both Gong and BABE have armies Stronger than ours. The ramifications are manifold and myriad. :run:

GONG is also closing in on 100k cultural points. It is more and more apparent that military action will be needed to prevent their victory. This will require that both FREE and the Council support many military units. In order to help both of us cope with the coming expenses we'd like to discuss trading workers with you. Are you interested in swapping 20 to 30 of your workers for a like amount of ours?

-The Council

yeah - I guess that's ok.
I'm still worried that they'll come back with "sounds good. By the way, you still need to sign our treaty."

But I still think it's ok to send... especially if Donsig or Peter sends it. It'll give us extra cover for our slow response times if we support the idea that I'm not around much anymore. :) (except to complain in the Turn Tracker thread :mischief: )

P.S. Are we actually interested in swapping workers with them?

P.S. Are we actually interested in swapping workers with them?

This should be decided before we send a note. The only reason for not wanting to trade workers with them is that it would help them more than it would help us. I'm not sure how to do the calculus on that. We were expecting to trade 50 workers with SABER but it seems they want to do only half of that so I'm thinking it is to our benefit to trade with both SABER and FREE. Wouldn't we then benefit twice as much as either of them?

We need to send a note to FREE!

We should congratulate to ToE and Hoovers and offer tech trades (RP for AT and Electronics) and ask for a continuation of our research cooperation.

We should also ask for a trade of 20-30 workers. (Imagine they would trade those 20-30 workers with SABER... :rolleyes: )

Anybody ready to draft a note?

OK, here goes:

proposed note to FREE said:
Dear Friends at FREE,

Congratulations on completing ToE and Hoover! We are almost done researching replaceable parts and would like to trade it to you for atomic theory and electronics. We would also like to trade 25 to 30 workers for a like number of your workers. This would benefit both of us by reducing unit support costs. Are you interested?

The Council

Personally, I think Donsig's letter is genius. We essentially ask for a straight-up trade of Replaceable Parts for Atomic Theory and Electronics… and hope that they assume it's part of a MAAP III framework, which we've never signed or agreed too.

However – we've got to realize that this is "slippery" at best – and we're certainly not taking the high-road. No matter how you look at it, we'd be profiting from FREE's inattention and honest (but erroneous) assumptions.

Now, I don't have a lot of love left for the arrogant and domineering play style of FREE… so when the chips are down I think I'm ok with taking advantage of their hubris. But before we do it – I want to make sure that this is really the will of The Council.

If so – I think Donsig's proposal is great. Short, sweet, distracting, and lots of room for FREE to assume things that aren't actually true.

Glad you like it General! But the trade was really the idea of our First Chairman. I'm only a scribe. That said, I have no problem taking advantage of FREE. After all, we did make a proposal for MAAP III which they never replied to. (Or am I forgetting a counterproposal they made?)

I agree with General_W - pure genious. :thumbsup:

FREE did indeed send us a counter-proposal.
It was ham-handed and ridiculous.

But technically the ball is in our court.

...and would like to trade it to you for atomic theory and electronics.

should read: are ready to trade it, as discussed, for atomic theory and electronics.

I am in complete agreement that donsig's letter is excellent. But if we are trying to ensure that The Council benefits from Free's SGL &cet, then I suggest we insert my language ;)

Dear Friends at FREE,

Congratulations on completing ToE and Hoover! We are almost done researching replaceable parts and are ready to trade it to you, as discussed, for atomic theory and electronics. We would also like to trade 25 to 30 workers for a like number of your workers. This would benefit both of us by reducing unit support costs. Are you interested?

The Council

I just realized we need Scientific Method first to be able to receive AT and Electronics... :blush:

So we need to delay the tech trade - but of course we can negotiate it now.
But is it useful to let them know we'll get Scientific Method from SABER? :dunno:

Ok – now that we have SciMeth and RP – I think we need to send this letter off.
I don't think we need to say anything about where we got SciMeth from… if they ask, we can tell them. We'll just play it out as no big-deal.

I'm not as thrilled with Peter's addition of "as discussed" – it edges just a little bit to close to the line for my personal comfort… but if The Council thinks it's necessary, I won't fight it.

Anyway, here's the note I propose sending:
(with many thanks to Donsig)
Dear Friends at FREE,

Congratulations on completing ToE and Hoover! We have now finished researching replaceable parts and would like to trade it to you for atomic theory and electronics. We would also like to trade 25 to 30 workers for a like number of your workers. This would benefit both of us by reducing unit support costs. Are you interested?

Speaking with the voice of The Council, General_W
EDIT: SENT! to FREE gmail

Good to go?

I say go. Also, if they refuse the tech trade we're suggesting then we should think about the pros and cons of some kind of deal to get us rubber. We should actually think about that even if they accept the tech deal.

Yep, go for it. :thumbsup:

Off to the docks to catch the first ship! :thumbsup:

Ships? We don't send pigeons anymore? :dubious:

O tempora, o mores! :shake:

Top Bottom