'Hidden antiquities' ?

Lol EP I just wrapped up my Brazil game and I actually started 'parking' my diggers on sites just like you've said lol. I guess these things will come to me in time but it's always nice to have a few more ideas.

In this game I ran with two cities total all the way through and so I get now why I ran out of room lol (I founded a third a few turns before the end to try get 4 uranium).

But I do think it seems a little excessive to have so many artefacts given how many of the Great Work slots are NOT for art but for music and writing.

Still, I like playing with mods and so I'm sure there'll be plenty of new Wonders to build in the Workshop and will likely come with extra slots.

My next playthrough will probably be Poland (mostly for the Winged Hussar) and i'm going to try having lots of cities and a naval empire (using Exploration tree).

Sadly for me the late game was too easy as CS allies are just too easy to buy once you've had that much time to get your GPT up.

When the World Leader bit comes I had the option to win so I took it but truth is I was going for tourism (culture) win and was only about 10-15 turns away from it. Needless to say I felt little glory buying my victory and might reload the save tomorrow and finish the tourism for kicks.

Thanks for all the tips guys :)

Yeah, I had a normal site saying it was from a razed city formed by Ur (!?) except Ur was sitting in a different continent on the other side of the earth, and there had never been any city in that spot.

On the topic of the hidden sites, I thoroughly disappointed by the fact that you will receive a diplomatic penalty from digging them in foreign lands even though the land owner hasn't got the ability to see the hidden sites! This basically renders this ability useless, because what it gives you is ability to see a lot of sites, most of which you can't excavate. Duh. :rolleyes:

sites are hidden but digs and artifacts are not :)

this ability is useful when there is a competition for artifacts.

Top Bottom