The Community Deity Game #4 - Spain

T230 Domination Victory

A - Raze 30+ cities - 4 points
Razed 30 to the ground. 31 and 32 are burning

B - Find a natural wonder first - 1 point for each --> 1 point
Found 1 NW first. Found 3 total; 4 undiscovered.

C - Settle a natural wonder - 2 points
Yes

D - Raze all non-capitals - 5 points?
I razed all non-capitals I conquered. There are 5 cities left in the world: 1 brand new 1 pop city just founded on the continent and 4 off on islands.

E - Finish an Ideology tree - 5 points
Yes

Religion
One with Nature, Tithe, Holy Warriors, Pagodas, Itinerant Preachers

Spoiler :

It simply says I have to raze every city that I conquer.

No, it doesn't and that's an interesting interpretation to say the least as there's no reference to conquering at all.
It simply states that all non-capitals (excluding CSs seems a fair assumption, self-founded cities are a bit trickier but again it seems likely that those are meant to be excluded as well) should be razed so technically this could be achieved without razing a single city just by preventing AI to settle more than one city.

One backdoor left with the wording as it is is that the word 'original' is missing hence a satisfactory result could also be leaving one or multiple Civs alive with a single city which would act as a capital hence not needed to be burned.

suppose that you dominate using XCOM/Stealth rush, you can conquer (and raze) one expo and 7 capitals and you will then have razed 1 out of 1 non capitals, and mark that down as achieved, yes?

suppose that you dominate using XCOM/Stealth rush, you can conquer (and raze) one expo and 7 capitals and you will then have razed 1 out of 1 non capitals, and mark that down as achieved, yes?

The general obscurity of a common language is a wonderful thing :)

Not necessarily. You guys are mixing what the achi actually says and how it relates to the game & other achis in this particular game.

The achievement makes no reference to anything but the (original) non-capitals which should all be razed ie not exist in the end - the question of how many is neither here nor there nor do you have to take a single capital from its original owner or anyone else for that matter. CSs are/should be excluded as those can't be razed and since this wasn't an OCC it's safe to assume that one can settle more than one city & let them be. Also the achi seems more than a bit watered down if we go with the interpretation that Civs with only city in the end are fine.

I was going for the Total-Domination-no-cities-apart-from-original-capitals-present-in-the-end way from the beginning but unlike the usual TD games I'm going for the very late mopping up style for once just to see how quick/slow it is. The bad part is that this map is sufficient for quite a number of cities so it'll surely be slower than kill along the way method would've been.

As a true dictator I can proclaim myself as the supreme judge of all matters related to achis unless the one actually hosting the CDG want to do it but you probably won't like my interpretations which in all probablity will be on the more strict side than the average so I'm willing to be dethroned any given time.

That's a good point.

I could have pursued razing every single city just to ensure I got the points, but I had spent a lot of time on the game already and opted to end things on T230, as I finished razing cities 29 and 30 and also finished the ideology tree. To reiterate some previous input, the achievements that theme around UU, UA, and UB are great and enjoyable. Personally, I would prefer not to have an achievement like 'raze all' again, unless it was along the lines of clearing your continent or pangaea (2-4 points).

which is exactly why I fully support Grendel's notion of proofreading the achis before they are online. And make it a synergy with the civ's uniques

No, it doesn't and that's an interesting interpretation to say the least as there's no reference to conquering at all.
It simply states that all non-capitals (excluding CSs seems a fair assumption, self-founded cities are a bit trickier but again it seems likely that those are meant to be excluded as well) should be razed so technically this could be achieved without razing a single city just by preventing AI to settle more than one city.

I suppose there also isn't any restriction on when the razing needs to happen. For example one can simply puppet cities first if it contains useful wonders such as SoZ, and finish razing them the same turn we win. Also nothing is specified on who needs to do the razing, so if possible, it's better to gift city to AI to raze. I'll take the strict definition on razing in my game to mean ONLY self founded cities, original capitals/CS remains on the turn of victory.

Yes and no. The time of razing isn't restricted anything but the time of the victory; puppet & raze later would be legit. The imperative form of wording on the other hand dictates that the cities must be razed by the player.

T230 Domination Victory

Razed 30 to the ground. 31 and 32 are burning

B - Find a natural wonder first - 1 point for each --> 1 point
Found 1 NW first. Found 3 total; 4 undiscovered.

Yes

D - Raze all non-capitals - 5 points?
I razed all non-capitals I conquered. There are 5 cities left in the world: 1 brand new 1 pop city just founded on the continent and 4 off on islands.

Yes

Religion
One with Nature, Tithe, Holy Warriors, Pagodas, Itinerant Preachers

Spoiler :

Nicely done. Did you start off with CB rush or wait for Xbows?

That's a good point.

I could have pursued razing every single city just to ensure I got the points, but I had spent a lot of time on the game already and opted to end things on T230, as I finished razing cities 29 and 30 and also finished the ideology tree. To reiterate some previous input, the achievements that theme around UU, UA, and UB are great and enjoyable. Personally, I would prefer not to have an achievement like 'raze all' again, unless it was along the lines of clearing your continent or pangaea (2-4 points).

I can't believe your AI only have 4 cities on islands. I spent so much time in my game trying to raze every cities on islands, and it was difficult with only 2 coastal cities able to build ships.

Nicely done. Did you start off with CB rush or wait for Xbows?

Archers! Partially surrounded the first AI, capturing settlers, working-baiting units, and moving in on empty city.

I can't believe your AI only have 4 cities on islands. I spent so much time in my game trying to raze every cities on islands, and it was difficult with only 2 coastal cities able to build ships.

I was able to put the 2 Eastern most civs into a long war with each other; I expect that helped reduce the number of cities they founded.

Yes, it is more like 60 cities razed since each AI has on average more than 9 cities. Also significant number of cities were planted on the same spot more than once.

B - Find a natural wonder first - 1 point for each
Found 2 of them first
Spoiler :
Sri Pada, Soloman's Mine

Settled 2 of them.
Spoiler :
Sri Pada and Uluru

D - Raze all non-capitals - 5 points
Yes with total domination, screen shot shows only Spanish city names, with 1 CS. No AI is alive the turn of victory.

Finished Autocracy

6 city liberty core empire, expanded to 9 self founded cities after killing first civ.
Extremely tedious game for me, started war close to turn 200, still took more than 100 turns of modern era warfare. Limited use of planes prior to stealth bombers due to requirement for razing cities meant cities will be far apart after razing. Speed picked up significantly after missile cruisers and xcoms with stealth bomber support. At the maximum, 16 cities are razed at the same time, and a huge happiness/gold drain. Several cities were puppeted before razing due to its size/location, and also sold several cities to AI to be reconquered at the end to raze. My happiness was never above 0 until capturing FP and passing world ideology. Gpt only returned above 0 a few turns before end. Timed all remaining cities to be razed to the ground the turn before victory. Had to sell my first captured capital to another AI to delay winning domination so that all other cities can be captured.

Spoiler :

T282 Dom ABCD

More thorough recap a bit later.

Spoiler :

A - didn't count but since Hiawatha alone had ~50 cities before I started the harvesting period I'm fairly sure I burned at least 30

B - only Sri Pada

C - Uluru was the first of them

D - Total domination it was but almost screwed it as I was bombing Lisbon, the last capital, way too early but luckily noticed that before capturing

(E) Old age shows here as the game took so long that I forgot this achi & when I rechecked them my end age culture wasn't large enough so I fell 2 short of finishing Order. Partly because I tried to avoid accidental Cult VC and neglected culture for most of the game. The fillers in Ratio or Commerce would've been enough.

Spoiler :

3xScout & Settler start and stole a worker from Hiawatha and the early turns went to securing Uluru site. Peace with Hiawatha after Mohawks arrived and apart from Pocatello most were friendly.
Liberty start, 4C NC and then 5th in the face of Pachacuti and started war against friendly Monte with XBows mostly because I was getting bored with the lack of wars.

So managed to beat down the AI spam with a XCOM-Stealth-Nuke approach along with some early warring.

Only got the achievement C.

CDG4Spain.jpg

CDG4Spain2.jpg

Spoiler :

Long story so may get tedious just like my game.:lol:

This was a hard map as the map had a weird shape and lot of free space between the City spamming AIs .

In the first run I decided to be peaceful but soon found out that Hiawatha and Montezuma were just gonna take all the lands and spam a crazy army.

Next run I decided to settle Uluru Asap with my initial settler. One with nature pantheon was used to get a religion with HW+tithe. With 20 FPT I managed to get a ton of archers and got one of Iroquois expansion.

Social policy wise I went for my usual 2 city Liberty opening. After bee-lining Construction, I took Onondaga on T71(I was aided with free Archery at the very beginning). It was too difficult for my ranged units to deal with the Mohawks but I was aided by HW and a bit of AI stupidity. Sadly I lost way more Archers-CBs I would have preferred. Hiawatha war continued till I got another city.(Thus getting two of his expos and his cap).

Even then the biggest problem with this map was it was too huge and the AIs were filling spots way too quickly. I was forced to continue an useless war with Iroquous just so I could reach Monte and Pacal.

After that I went for Machinery( a poor choice which I would know much later.) Meanwhile Monte had DoWd Pacal and I went for a sneak attack on Palenque.
It was t115 and Machinery was a distant dream(mainly due to my poor science due to Archer-CB rushing Hiawatha). With 15 CBs and 2 Spears I just surrounded Palenque. I had to go for a suicide attack as Monte had Muskets on t123:confused:. If I had delayed Pacal he may just start to get way too difficult. Finally took Palenque after losing lots of CBs and a spear.

It seems another problem(particularly in my run) was that my next available target was always getting ahead of tech of me and it was too difficult to fight Muskets with just XB. So Dowd Monte and took just Chichen Itza from him. He was spamming way too many muskets and reaching his cap was too hard. So had to turtle till t180. Meanwhile Maria and Kama made Dof with me. I was forced to turtle as my XB army was way too weak to attack Monte or it was too far to reach either Maria or Inca.

I faith bought a few cannons and started to build a few more in my cities. Also had to settle a poor city near Monte`s cap so I could have better access to him. It still turned out to be a slog. Monte had way too many units and even with my Artillery spam it was getting tough. I had hoped to take at-least 3 more caps effectively with arty.

So when I finished with Monte after t210 I was in for a surprise. Pachacuti had 6 planes ready(t212:eek:) at one of his expos near the aztec cap(which was mine now.)

I think the real flaw of attempting a DomV on large maps with Standard pace Deity difficulty is exposed here. The map was so big that Inca could mass spam cities and have a large tech lead along with a massive army. Not to mention that Maria who was way too far to even get my arty on her. Also she was the tech leader and led me by 9 techs. YOu just cannot fight Flight with arty spam.
The problem here was I had wasted production on arty rush while Inca had got bombers up. So was forced to make another turtle to nukes and XCOM. Ideology came and was forced to pick Order ideology after Kama and Inca. Maria went Freedom while Shoshone went Autocracy and was being murdered by all the 3 other AIs. I finally decided to get near Moson Kahni to see if I could snipe it up. It took an incredible 18 turns for my arty and landship to reach there through Inca lands.

I managed to snipe(game-changer and probably what swung it in my favor.) after Kama had brought it to red and I paid him to make peace. At t268 I finally had the 4 AI caps and still had 3 more to go.

Then the biggest surprise came when one city Pacal and former BBF Maria Dowd me.(maria had DoF with em despite going Freedom) I had neglected military as I had to go for XCOM and nukes. Barcelona was surrounded by 3 Mobile Sams by Maria(she had nukes,was tech leader and had Apollo and 1 booster.) Yet this Dow of her made both Inca and Kama to be at war with her as I had DoF and Defensive Pacts with these 2 order civs.

Inca got nuked by Maria while Kama nuked back in t282. War with Maria slowed me down further. To prevent a wasted loss of Barcelona I sold 18 pop Barcelona for 6500 gold to Inca. It was already red and Maria was going to take it next turn. She was also at war with the Inca so I had hoped I could make a few gold by capturing/recapturing the city.

I did manage to get Barca back(albeit with messed up plan) and got a few Rocket arty up. Also a Rati finisher made me get a few faith bought GS to get Nukes up.

Then another piece of bad luck. The entire huge map had way too little Uranium. Despite having a lot of land(well not as much as the AI runaways) there was only 4 uranium near Pacal`s land near my vicinity and that too required a GG.

Real progress with Maria was only made when Kama nuked back Maria and Inca and his massive army started to overpower her nukes. Meanwhile XCOMs came up and I used a well timed nuke and 2 XCOMs to get her cap. Sadly her pre war 20K gold was all gone and she refused to give me anything.:(

Then it was back to Inca and Kama both of them close to SV and Culture(for Inca who had 470 tourism and had built boosters and the Satellite part.) I somehow managed to get the Hubble up from the Rati finisher of Satellites(I had to starve Madrid to get it in time.) Also even after I had about 13-14 stealth bombers up range was an issue.

Pachacuti was out of range of my Nuke bombs. So was forced to kill Sidon and wait for the Nuke gold.(I sold a few Rocket arty and was forced to sell all my luxes/few buildings. I was even considering selling a city for gold. I also had abysmal gpt at this stage which further complicated things.)

Even from Sidon my nuclear missile was short of a direct hit on Inca cap and the same was applicable to Kama. Both were short of 2 tiles form certain angle. Fortunately I had 7 SB and 6 SB in wait for the cleaning up.

So went for a gamble and nuked my 2 loving Order allies with a nuke and had 3 XCOM near Inca and 4 near Kama. Kama`s cap got yellow just from the Nuke but he was the one who manged o kill 2 of my 4 XCOMs. On the other hand 37 pop Inca cap was far from too damaged and I feared I had miscalculated. Fortunately it was enough. Sadly Madrid got nuked and several of my cities were in danger of being overrun.

Finally on t318 after hitting both AI caps with SBs I XCOMd them after 7 hours 45 minutes and 52 sessions.:king::lol:

The SP was Full Lib-Full Rat- Comm(2 or 3 ) and 3 Order(Happy from Monus and factory science).

This was a very hard Domv map.

Since this is looking like it's going to be a VERY long game, I figured I'd post a halftime report so I don't forget any details.

Spoiler :

Settled in place. Having the luxury of reading some of the previous write-ups, I found KSM 1st with Scout and the religious mountain w/ Warrior. Scout became an archer, which is paramount to my warring strategy. I immediately bought a settler and settled the religious Wonder.

I got a couple of worker steals from Hiawatha before making peace and one from a CS. It's readily apparent that Monte is going to be my first target, assuming I can get friendly with Hiawatha.

1st pantheon, and I went outside the box and took +2 science. Because I was going to divert tech path for Spain's UU's, I wanted the science boost. I plan on settling 5 expos, so that's a lot of science. 1st religion and I enhanced before anyone else had founded. I took Pagodas (mmmmmm 6 of em coming up), Holy Warriors, and Religious Texts. (Note to self: build your shrines and temples early to take advantage of HW.)

Settled 2nd expo South so I could run cargo ships to Madrid. Built Oracle and Statue of Zeuss in Madrid. 3 city NC on t87, Education t108.

I opened Tradition, grabbed 3 in Honor (for faster XP for my upcoming XBows), then made my way through Tradition tree.

I DoW'd Monte on t82 and came after him with all of 2 Comp Bows, a Warrior, and a Chariot Archer. This was all about XP. When he sent 6 triremes up to my 3rd city, I faith bought another CB and barely held the city. At this point, I'm bee-lining education and then heading to XBows.

I settled 4th city t90 and used a GG to grab KSM. I'm Spain, damnit, and you can't just leave a NW sitting right in front of my nose like that. That city is also in range of 6-7 pastures, so it's going to be a huge production city and I envision pumping out units from here. City location is also ideal for baiting in Monte while I'm wracking up XP.

The rest of the world is pretty friendly, but I'm getting ready to start bribing some wars among leaders. I settled 5th and 6th cities on Northern coast to get access to all of those pearls and start building economy. Gold and happiness have been on and off, but now that I've completed Tradition, both are doing well.....considering I settled 6 cities and have some long roads, I'm pleased with this. Just got DoF from Hiawatha who took a 5 got bribe to DoW Monte. Doesn't look like he's doing any damage though and Monte sure has quite a few knights to send at me.

My 1st Xbow got range and I quickly took/razed his 4th city which he had recently settled towards me. 2nd Xbow got range shortly thereafter and now it's time to march...slowly on his main cities. There's a lot of units to kill first. I'm beelining Industrialization to get my ideology as early as possible, then I think I'll head to dynamite. I should have finished off Monte by then, and the next target will be Pacal I think. If I can stay friends with Hiawatha, I may save him for last.

AI spam hasn't been sent my direction, but it'll come, as there's a pretty big open space just East of my cities. CS quests have been odd, and I've gotten no help from that quarter. It would have been nice to get allied with Riga to help against Monte, but none of the quests were doable.

My army is still pretty small (3 xbows, 1 pike, 1 sword, 1 ConQ) but that's going to change very soon. I'll be faith buying my UU's now that Pagodas are all built, and that KSM city just finished its barracks and stable and is about to go on a unit-producing spree.

I didn't get to propose in first WC, so no World's Fair. Since I'm not making any allies, I doubt I'll get to propose anything anytime soon, so I hope someone proposes it 2nd time around. I'm totally ignoring naval tech, but will eventually steal my way up to Navigation. With all of that iron, I plan on building a bunch of Frigates. I'll be late to Flight, so I'm hoping my early artillery can get a few capitals before I have to hunker down.

That's it for now......time to settle in for another 150 turns of war.

Slow but steady progress.

Spoiler :

Pocatello was 1st to ideologies and went order. I burned a GS to get to Industrialization faster as I really wanted to be 2nd and have a choice between Freedom and Autocracy. I built factories in Madrid and Cordoba (KSM city) and bought one more. t176 I got 2nd ideology and went Freedom.

This was a tough choice. Autocracy would seem to be obvious as this is a Domination game, but given the map and AI's, I went Freedom. First reason is that there are a few AI's in this game that have a Freedom tendency and I'm hoping to get some of them to save me from ideological pressure. The 2nd reason is that I'm now planning on totally ignoring my navy and I'm going to clean up the Western part of this "continent" by land first and the 6 free FL's will be very helpful there. All capitals in the West are inland and I think I can stay friendly with the entire East. Personally, I think Freedom is underrated for warring.

My culture is still slow and nobody has proposed WF through 3 rounds of WC. I've finally got a couple of allies (screenshot) in Riga and Brussels (quests, gold, coup in Brussels) and now I have an inland sea blockade. I've got a good shot at allying Hanoi after building them a road and then I might have enough votes to make a proposal. Monte had been razing my inland sea Pearls from time to time, but that'll stop now.

I've only got 1 tenet in Rationalism so far, and the rest are going to have to wait until I get to 5 in Freedom (need that happiness from specialists). I'll also have to wait on completing right side of Honor even though I really need that gold and cheaper upgrades.

Science path after Industrialization was beeline to Dynamite. I burned a natural GS and had a RA expire and timed Oxford perfectly for Dynamite. Tech path will now be directly towards SoL then flight. Hopefully, I can keep stealing my way through the top of tech tree (I just stole Navigation) and get to Oil before Flight.

I gave Monte a very expensive peace about 7 turns before Dynamite. He gave me 2 luxes, 10 GPT, and 1700 gold. This made the massive upgrades affordable and I DoW'd him 1st turn possible t194). With Arties, FL's, Cavalry, Range-Logistics Gats, Experienced Lancers, and Riflemen upgraded from Tercicos, I should mow right through him. Monte did build Petra in an expo, so that one won't be razed (love the extra trade route).

I'm 3rd in tech and hanging pretty close in other demographics. Happiness is the biggest challenge.

The rest of the world has been skirmishing a bit, mostly against Pocatello (I'm his only friend). They all made peace around t175, and then Shoshone and Kamehameha went right back to war as soon as they could. I tried to bribe some more wars but nobody is listening. Ideologies should drive some more wars soon enough. I need Hiawatha to be fighting, but since I'll have about 10 logistics Arties and a ton of meat shields before I invade him (after Pacal), the only way he's going to be able to stop me is if he gets flight too soon. If that happens, I'll shift East and go after Incas by land.

As of t200, 2 more civs went Order and 1 to Autocracy. I'll need Portugal or Inca to go Freedom soon. I think at least one of them will. Happiness depends on this.

Holy Warriors produced one last cannon the turn before Dynamite and now I'll just save faith for GE's for awhile. (Note to self: concentrate on culture).

My 2 triremes are almost back from exploring the world. There's one last Wonder hiding somewhere.

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 6.51.46 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 6.52.22 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 6.52.41 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 6.54.41 AM.jpg

T220 Update
Spoiler :

This was a dramatic 20 turns. I finished up Brandeburg Gate in Madrid, then noticed PT was still available so built that there too. Used a GE for SoL. I took Aztecs capital on t208 and it won't take much to wipe his stupid grin off of the map (it's amazingly satisfying to destroy Monte after all of the silly early game rushes he's thrown my way in other games).

Pacal joined me in Freedom, so he's not going to be the next victim after all. Who should I go after next? Well, that problem solved itself when the Incas DoW'd me out of nowhere and marched on my capital with a bunch of pikemen. Pikemen? Yup, with a few Trebuchet mixed in. I had 3 FL's in my cities as reserves, and those 3 routed his invasion very easily (I'm also up to 5 GG's right now).

My main force split up with half of the Arties doing a 1 tile pivot and taking out a recent expo the Incas had built between Aztec-land and myself. 2 turns later I had my 2nd city raze. I'll leave a few Arties and meat-shields to finish off Monte while the rest of the army hits Incaland from two directions. Incas allied with Sidon so I'll probably have to take that CS out to give me a clearer path to the Incas.

Kamehameha asked me to denounce Pocatello, and since he's been pretty unpopular and is still at war with Hiawatha, I have no problem doing so.

Portugal joined us in Freedom, so I'm thinking I can manage happiness the rest of the way. I've got my 5 tenets in Freedom and burned a GW to get to my 2nd tenet in Rationalism. Culture is picking up thanks to ally Brussels.

!st Artie now has Logistics and more will get there pretty soon. I had a couple of RA's mature and was able to research Oil and Flight. Science is up to 550/bpt.

Northern cities have been building seaports and armories and are now about to go on a naval building spree. I'm going to have about 20+ oil so I plan on building a very big airforce in Madrid and Cordoba.

Biggest worries right now is if someone with a navy DoW's me before my navy is ready. I can't afford to lose the income from the Pearls. 2nd biggest fear is a backstab by Hiawatha, so I'll keep a few units back to protect from that. With all of these GG's and a lot of good meat-shields, I don't think he can do too much damage if he does come after me.

I finally get to propose something at the next WC, and that's going to be WF. I hate having it come so late in the game and I'm unsure that I'll win it. Old Aztec capital (I hate trying to spell some of these names) will give me 7 good production cities and I'll reserve a GA for some golden age goodness for the Fair. With nothing around to chop, I'll be lucky to win, but I have no choice but to go after it.

Next update I hope to report that the Incas have been brought to their whiny little knees.

That was a long 30 turns.

t250
Spoiler :

I finally finished off Monte around t230. He put up a pretty good fight and I really should have been more aggressive, but, as usual, I'm too worried about losing ANY units, so I took my time and killed all of his units before moving in. I kept the Petra city and razed his other two.

Raze city total: 4

I have recently taken the tech lead so even though the Incas have a large and apparently highly motivated army, my units are generally more advanced. I was able to take out his expo up near my cities pretty quickly and razed.

I also took Sidon and decided to keep that city as an air base. Maria joined the Freedom club, so ideological pressure isn't as bad, but I'm still dead last in culture. I did finish Rationalism and used the free tech for Atomic Theory. Amazingly, as big as my empire is, I don't have anything remotely resembling Uranium. Since two other AI's have already built Manhattan Project, I can see this being a problem. I'll try to propose Nuclear Non-proliferation soon.

Unfortunately, when I turned East to start marching on Incaland, he greeted me with some GWB's. I had just researched Flight and didn't have any air defenses yet, so I gave him white peace while I built Tri-planes and upgraded all units. I had gone as far as -14 happiness so my units were going to be easy target practice if I tried to push it.

10 turns later I DoW'd him with air escorts and, after clearing his troops out with a bunch of logistics Arties, I should take his next 2 cities pretty soon.

Poca had proposed embargoing the Shoshone and I happily backed that with all of my votes. It passed, and I'm hoping that will slow down the freakin city spammer.

World's Fair passed as well, and I had 9 pretty good production cities suiciding WF production and I had a GA going. Even with the rest of the world tied up in one war or another, I got my a$$ handed to me in 2 turns. I've never been beaten that badly in WF, but at least I got my silver medal.

I built Cristo in Madrid and am halfway through Neuschisteineineinein in Seville. Every other city is rotating between buildings and units.

I recently got word that Poca is sailing an army with escorts towards me "The Shoshone are coming, the Shoshone are coming" doesn't really have a ring to it. I really hope he does DoW me as he will discover 4 battleships and a couple subs waiting for him. If he doesn't, I'll try to get Hiawatha to joint DoW him once I get close to taking out Cusco.

So the plan now is to carve up Incaland, then keep going East to Mosahn Kahn. I'll keep the navy at home to guard against Hiawatha. If I can get those two capitals quickly enough I'll go after Kamehameha by land, and then U-turn back home to try a rush on Hiawatha. I'll leave my Freedom allies Portugal and Maya for last. At least that's the plan.......

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 5.10.53 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 4.38.56 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 3.33.03 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 3.24.35 PM.jpg

it really is a shame you're not using Nukes to clear out those carpets :lol:

Spoiler :

it worked wonders in the Persia map. I replaced the carpets of units with carpets of fallout

it really is a shame you're not using Nukes to clear out those carpets :lol:

Sadly, I'm in short supply of Uranium (I've got ZERO). I've tried to trade for some, but no luck so far for anything remotely resembling a fair price. I need to capture some soon because
Spoiler :
Hiawatha just took the Mayan capital and then proceeded to denounce me the next turn

t247 DomV 7 points

A - Raze 30+ cities: Think 33 in the end. 4p
B - Find a natural wonder first: Found 1. 1 point
C - Settle a natural wonder: Towards the end, got it with GG. 2 point
D - Raze all non-capitals: 0p. When I started the war, someone already had tons of cities. Didnt have the patience in the end.
E - Finish an Ideology tree: 0p. Got 2 3rd tier tenets. Not very good culture in this game.

Had some screamers towards the end:

I was razing a city with 6 GWB in it and forgot to stop razing at 1-pop:mad:
3 turns later, I did it again :wallbash:

After that happened, I got a strong desire to win asap before I ended up defeating myself.

Spoiler :
Went for 4-city tradition to Artillery rush. Picked Order just to avoid Ideology Unhappiness. Had 2 in Rationalism and 2 in Commerce as well.

I hate to comp-bow rush Hiawatha or Monty, requires to much concentration :). They have so many units at that time, usually swords. I´m sure its possible though.

Thought crossbow-rush wouldn´t be very efficient, since these large maps always will require good tech-rate for Artillery and possibly Flight. At least I believe so - would be very impressed if someone cleared this map with Crossbow

Archer! rush I didn´t think of - that looks like the way to go. No annoying Mohawk

Got DoWed twice early (60-75), once by Hiawatha and once by Monty. Kind of saw it coming, so went for Construction early.

t73 NC and t97 Education. t148 Oxford Dynamite and t149 DoW the Iroquis. At this point I was quite optimistic. Little did I know that Hiawatha had 25 or something cities.

Got Onondanga t160
Palenque t176
Tenochtitlan 187
Cusco t213 (Damn you Great Wall!)
Stopped recording dates here, but got
Honolulu t230ish
Lisboa t230ish
And Moson Khani t247

Once again stupid Inca and the Great Wall was the choke point. Wasted so many turns getting through. This again allowed super-fast Shoshone and Maria to get planes, so had to wait for AA guns to win. Pocatello had Rocket Artilleries really early as well. Luckily, with anti-air the AI is really silly with planes.

Its difficult to maintain progress while razing cities. Had to wait several times due to -20 or more unhappy. Should have prioritised a larger happiness cushion before beginning the war.

Not very good game overall, t148 Dynamite is decent and getting first 3 caps in 40 turns is ok. After that, pretty low quality. I think this one, despite being medium, was harder than e.g. the Persia one. Much much faster AI.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 03.36.56.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 03.36.56.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 113
Top Bottom