Community Deity game #7 - Shoshone

I cannot tell from the screen shots for sure, but it looks like people are getting early CV without much conquest??? Is that correct? I don’t understand how that is possible!

I can't speak for the other guy, but didn't capture a single city. I did make sure that the runaway
Spoiler :
Alex. I really, really dislike having Greece on the map...
was wiped out by his neighbours with some strategic bribing.

Most of the AIs were warring with each other throughout the entire game. Even the runaway civ in my game had very little cities.

Spoiler :

DoW Greece for workers, I made sure he was always at war with Assyria and/or Iroquois for the rest of the game.

Russia backstabbed me early as well since I forward settled her for the achievement.
So I bribed the other AI to DoW her and she was left with only 1 city at the end of the war.
Surprisingly she came back in the mid game and helped me against the Celts who were completely wiped out (bribed the other AIs to war her)

I took 3 cities (including the capital) from her and gave them to Iroquois and Russia.
London was the runaway followed by Iroquois/Polynesia

T228 CV

Spoiler :

4 city tradition game.

Tried a couple of starts but this one was the strongest.
Mistakes I made were delaying WF by a cycle so I couldn't get IG before winning. Didn't pay attention and got DoW'd in the early-mid game which slowed be abit.
AIs were warring with each other the entire game so most of them fell behind by the modern era. Greece was always at war with at least 2 civs so he couldn't control most of the cs.

Achievements: 30+
A - At least 20, not sure if national wonders count. It's easy to secure most mid-late wonders especially given such a strong start.
B - 3 pts (900-1200)
C - 4 pts (<230)
D - 2 pts (WF)
E - 1 pt? (Forward settled above Moscow)

As for the achievements, here is my feedback. Current ones aren't too hard and if you are replaying they are really easy.
B, C and D are fine I guess but maybe something like this could be better.
Then again these are just my own opinion after playing the map. :)

Spoiler :

A - Great Works/Faith Wonders
Secure the following wonders:
Louvre, Uffizi, Broadway, Globe Theatre, Sistine Chapel

2 pt for each self built.
1 pt for each captured.

B - Final Tourism
3 pt - Higher than 1000
2 pt - Between 600-1000
1 pt - Below 600

C - Winning Turn
5 pt - Before turn 200
4 pt - Between turn 200-230
3 pt - Between turn 230-260
2 pt - Between turn 260-280
1 pt - After turn 280

D - Secure World's Fair/International Games:
2 pt - For each first place.

E - Forward settle a city 4 tiles from an AI player before turn 60.
4 pt - Not lose the city for the rest of the game.
2 pt - Lost the city but recaptured it by the end of the game.
1 pt - If the city is lost and not recaptured.

Possible other achievements
- With an upgraded pathfinder, defend a city/kill X units in your own territory?
- With a Comanche Rider, deal the finishing blow to another civilization.
- By the end of the game, have your religion be the majority in 2 capitals.

Decided to try this to get back to CiV. BO was: Pathfinder, Monument, Shrine, Settler, since I made sure to get an extra pop to be at 3, early game. I got quite a few ruins, using one of them to upgrade one of my 3 Pathfinders (1 initial, 1 built, 1 rushed) to CB, to take out a nearby Barb camp that a Religious CS wanted, so that enabled me to get a religion on T54. I am in constant war with Manilla so that I have a steady supply of workers, but only managed to steal 2 so far. They just don't produce them. Bribed Alex to DoW Assyria (to the south) and Russia (hence my -1 gpt). I have a DoF with Kamehame and Cathy, because since she's this close to me, I thought I should keep her busy. Alex hated her anyway. I will probably have to let the DoF die out so that Alex doesn't hate me as much. Is that a good idea?

Now, I managed to get the NC on T75, which is pretty good for a rusty player like me. Also met everyone, including 16 CS by T65. Rush-bought my 3rd Library for the NC and timed the +15% wonder policy perfectly (Tradition. Not sure why it got nerfed. Would prefer Liberty to get buffed but whatever).

This is what it looks like on T86. Where do you think I should plant my 4th city? Coastal or nah? Thinking of going to settle the south to grab that sugar and maybe steal the furs from Sydney with a GG. I literally forgot how to achieve a fast CV. I will look at a guide because I don't quite remember what to do in the Medieval/Renaissance in order to achieve maximum results. @Amornthep, how did you do it? You can put a spoiler tag and I will read the steps. I don't care much about the achievements, right now. I just wanna remember the game, since Immortal was way too easy. :sad:
http://imgur.com/a/khw62

Turn 270 CV

CDG7Soshone.jpg

CDG7p2.jpg

Achivements A,B,C,D,E.

A-17 wonders with SH having 2 GW so 19 pts.

B-1pts

C-2 pts

D-2 pts

E- 2nd expo

A screenshot of the wonderful cap(All the other expos had 1 wonder.)

CDG7pg2.jpg

Spoiler :
4 city Trad-Rati-Aest-Freedom(At the end opened comm)

3 city t76 NC and then a 4th one was settled immediately after NC.

Got a tonne of wonders as VC was delayed due to an unfortunate incident(Iroquois dowing me).(ToA,MoH,Ora,Angkor,SC,LToP,Uffizi,PT,ET,CN,SoL,Ben,Hubble,GF,Neu,Penta etc)

I had won both WF and IG thanks to AIs being at war and having a great plains-river-hill terrain.
Only Iroquois was the cultural lead-guy(Cati and Liz were also decent but would have got influenced) and I was about to GM bomb him but he DoWd me at t239(I could have won at t249-t255is). After a 26 turn war I peaced him out and bought open borders and finally bombed him at t269. A restart from t221 might give a better result but I was not in a mood to replay.

Overall the map was very strong and even my expos had the ability to build wonders in less than 12 turns.:lol:

Cultural Victory, turn 346, 31 points total, I miss counted for post title. So as many points as the six games before in total! This map is not really aligned well with the others.

From the few players, I thought maybe it was as strong enough map that I could get a peaceful CV, but I am still terrible. The two holdouts were each reduced to a single city, not my doing really. But they needed to die for me to win by CV before someone won by SV. Got a bunch more achievement points that way. I wasted 4 GMu on the northern neighbor, after theming SoH, sot that was not optimal either. But the way he beat me to WW all game, it was probably inevitable that I had to kill him to win.

I built Sydney Opera House*, Cristo Redentor, Neuschwanstein, CN Tower, Eiffel Tower, Great Firewall, Hubble, Porcelain Tower, Sistine Chapel*, and Statue of Liberty.
Northern cap got me: Pyramids, Taj Mahal, Globe Theatre*, and Great Lighthouse
Western AI gave me: Mausoleum of Halicarnas, Borobudur, Great Library*, Great Wall, Hanging Gardens, Louvre*, Notre Dame, Oracle, Terracotta Army,

A - 1 point for a World Wonder, 1 additional point if it stores Great Works: 28 points.
B - Final tourism: 2 points
C - Winning turn: 1 point
D - Hammer output for WF and IG was as strong as ever, but both still only 2nd place, so both a real waste. 0 points.
E - 0 points, not worth gimping myself IMHO.

Attachments

• civ5sscdg09-t346cv.jpg
    civ5sscdg09-t346cv.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 223
The two holdouts were each reduced to a single city, not my doing really.

Don't think I've ever seen
Spoiler :
the celts
become that dominant. They're one of those civs that seem to always become pushovers in the long run, along with Babylon, Assyria, Mongolia, Venice and others.

^^ I agree, that was unusual. I had been bribing her periodically to DOW the northern neighbor because I was just trying to make turtling work. Her other neighbors imploded, so she filled in gap. But the behavior I thought was the most unusual, especially from others write ups, is that in my game the southern most AI did not do much. He was solid, and very much weakened a couple of the other AI for the runaway to move in, but mostly he was content with his quarter of the map.

T301 Peaceful No Units CV 16 points

Spoiler :
World's Fair Win (Just about)

Victory Turn

Spoiler :
Achievement A:
Sistine Chapel (2), Globe Theatre (2), Uffizi (2), Broadway (2), Neuschwanstein (1), CN Tower (1), Hubble Space Telescope (1), Total: (11)
Achievement B: 603 TPT (2)
Achievement C: T301 (1)
Achievement D: World's Fair (2)
Achievement E: N/A (0)

Harder than I expected, seeing the results by everyone else. Definitely harder than the Brazil one (duh). I missed Louvre by a lot, which was surprising given I had hit every cultural wonder before that. Never got to propose IG - I never had the votes and no one wanted to propose it. Lots of Ban X Luxury and Embargo X doing the rounds.

Still, a win is a win, and never building a unit other than Pathfinders works. The tip, as usual, is to bribe everyone to war with each other so they leave you alone.

Spoiler Tips for Beetle :
Focus on screwing over the leader. Bribe him into wars even if it costs you half your GPT. Normally, especially if its a warmonger, it's rather cheap to bribe him to fight everyone. Then everyone is busy and your game is much easier.

Focus on screwing over the leader. Bribe him into wars even if it costs you half your GPT. Normally, especially if its a warmonger, it's rather cheap to bribe him to fight everyone. Then everyone is busy and your game is much easier.
This is fine general advice, but why are you directing it at me? The runaway in my game was never a problem for me.

This is fine general advice, but why are you directing it at me? The runaway in my game was never a problem for me.

Herein lies the problem. He doesn't have to be threatening war with you to be a problem. The more wars he is involved in, the less likely he is able to use his superior production and tech to go for things like culture and science.
The additional benefit is that if he is at war with everyone, then by extension everyone else is also at war, so they can't focus fully on science or culture either. It makes it so much easier for you to pull ahead.

^^Right, the runaway was sufficiently distracted by war so as not to impeding my CV. She only started working on SS parts because I was taking so long. I am definitely in a rut with respect to speeding my game up, but bribe management I think I have figured out.

Forget about fancy micromanagement for now. I played this game on food focus or production focus all game, only locking critical tiles like academies. Work on your macro play. Are you getting buildings on time? Are you selling every possible resource? EUi helps a lot.

Spoiler :
Having a hard time with CV but I'm getting there slowly.
I manage to stay alive with only 3 pathfinder was units with 4 cities
Got Dowed on the last 3 turns
got 937 point of culture

A - 1 point for a World Wonder, 1 additional point if it stores Great Works: 17 pts
12 wonders, 5 storing great works (Sistine Chapel, Uffizi, Louvre, Globe theater, Broadway). Also built HG, Big Ben, SoL, Eiffel, Sydney, Neuschwanstein, CN Tower.

B - Final tourism: 980 during IG at end. 3 pts.

C - Winning turn: 263 2pts.

D - 2 pts for each win of WF and IG. Won both easily due to much warring between AI. 4 pts.

E - Settle a city 4 tiles from a computer player before turn 60: Done, city settled close to NW, neighbor was friendly after caravans, but eventually backstab as expected of her.

Spoiler :

Peaceful game except stealing worker off Russia, and I also settled city for achievement E next to NW. Was able to get DoF and RA off of her after getting caravans. 5 cities tradition game, was able to get HG done for a good capital. East expo lost Petra but was still fine. Russia eventually settled more cities around mine and eventually backstabbed and stole land with GG. Tried to capture and burn that city but didn't have enough production to get a large enough army for the job while trying to get prepared for final IG push. At that point Russia was science lead in atomic era already. Since achievement A didn't specify self built wonders, might be able to get a much higher score by conquering Russia which was the science leader in my game. Iroquois and Greece also had significant culture but I was able to get them influenced quickly due to more stacking bonus. Greece shared religion with me thanks to Assyria, since I wasn't able to get a religion. Iroquois took freedom as I needed to wait for another culture powerhouse to get ideology other than order or else my happiness would be crushed by Russia. No chance to get oracle, LToP or PT when Russia is trying a rationalism science game. Used my generated GM for bombing Russia at the end.

Could probably get 2-3 more wonder points delaying victory by not bombing Russia and DoWing her but not worth it imo.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
Having a hard time with CV but I'm getting there slowly.
I manage to stay alive with only 3 pathfinder was units with 4 cities
Got Dowed on the last 3 turns
got 937 point of culture

hey can you work out the achievements if you care about it anyway

hey can you work out the achievements if you care about it anyway
Any ideas for getting this game&#8217;s achievement points inline with the others? I suggest quartering and rounding down. You could divide by ten and I would still have more points on this game than most of the others!

Any ideas for getting this game’s achievement points inline with the others? I suggest quartering and rounding down. You could divide by ten and I would still have more points on this game than most of the others!

I had the same thought. All of those Wonder points seemed a bit excessive in comparison. I'll wait to play this game until that's resolved, as it probably would affect my game play. At the same time, is it fair to those who have already played to have their scores nerf'd? My take is that getting scores in line with the rest of the series would take priority.

Any ideas for getting this game’s achievement points inline with the others? I suggest quartering and rounding down. You could divide by ten and I would still have more points on this game than most of the others!

I'll try to look into it. Haven't had much time for this, sadly :(

Top Bottom