Upgrading obsolete units

Angelscotboi

Emperor
I've searched the manual and civlopedia. And on here.

How do I upgrade? As in archer to rifleman?

Leonardo's Workshop, or if you are playing as Germans, then gain experience with that unit until it is Elite. German Elite units upgrade automatically.

Other than that, I don't believe you have any options.

The thing is it says in the manual that you can upgrade ur obsolete units, and on GameFAQs it says the same thing.

But no where does it tell you how. It seems really stupid to me that you cant.

Oh i forgot to say. On Xbox 360...

I think you have to be misreading that. Like the previous poster said, the only way to upgrade units is with the Leonardo's Workshop or with German elite units. Otherwise, you can't, and never have been able to in Civ Revolution.

Just sell the obsolete units or keep them in your cities if you are ahead in tech. If you do decide on selling them, just use the gold to rush the newer units.

Note: German units & armies will only upgrade if they are elite when the next level unit technology is discovered. So if your archer gets an elite upgrade after you've discovered Democracy (and thus Pikemen), they are stuck as archers and will never be upgraded. Also, I believe you have to discover the upgrades in order - if you skip one of the technologies (i.e. skipping Gunpowder/Riflemen for Mass Production/Modern Infantry) your units will not upgrade. Finally, only German Warriors are automatically veterans.

Leonardo's has a similar issue - if you've skipped over one of the technologies, your older units will only be upgraded to the last tech before the break (i.e. if you skipped Gunpowder, your Archers will become Pikemen instead of Modern Infantry).

Note: German units & armies will only upgrade if they are elite when the next level unit technology is discovered. So if your archer gets an elite upgrade after you've discovered Democracy (and thus Pikemen), they are stuck as archers and will never be upgraded. Also, I believe you have to discover the upgrades in order - if you skip one of the technologies (i.e. skipping Gunpowder/Riflemen for Mass Production/Modern Infantry) your units will not upgrade. Finally, only German Warriors are automatically veterans.

Leonardo's has a similar issue - if you've skipped over one of the technologies, your older units will only be upgraded to the last tech before the break (i.e. if you skipped Gunpowder, your Archers will become Pikemen instead of Modern Infantry).

Do they still make any patches to the game or are they pretty much done with this game?

Old experienced units, are good for defence. Don't salvage them.

I got the game this week (and my first console for that matter, PS3), and 3 Warriors formed an army survived until the end. They had the 15 win upgrades, and they were unbeatable. I smashed the Roman legions with them so the Samurai Knights can capture a city that was 1 great person away to win the game!

Top Bottom