Orion's Grand Inquisition

Neither of those screenshots answers any of my questions, and neither of those screenshots show us if you're using "Choose Religion" from the base game options.

So... (time to be a penis), either upload your save file, or accept that nobody can reproduce your error and admit that PEBKAC.

OK here is a saved game: This is just plain OGI. This should be ONE turn before Christianity is founded??

OK here is a saved game: This is just plain OGI. This should be ONE turn before Christianity is founded??

Nope. Christianity was already founded. Please provide a saved game file that is just ONE turn before the first religion is founded.

Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

StrategyOnly,

There is only one way to get a religion by turn 8. You must have the game speed set for a QUICK game. In a quick game, you have the following:

Turns to research first Religion: 8

Mysticism 3 Turns
Meditation 5 Turns

This is what the game is supposed to do. I suggest changing the game speed setting to Marathon. This will give you some 50+ turns before the first religion is founded.

Respectfully,

Nope. Christianity was already founded. Please provide a saved game file that is just ONE turn before the first religion is founded.

OK this one is ONE turn before ANY religion is founded. And just incase i sent two turns before also.

StrategyOnly,

There is only one way to get a religion by turn 8. You must have the game speed set for a QUICK game. In a quick game, you have the following:

Turns to research first Religion: 8

Mysticism 3 Turns
Meditation 5 Turns

This is what the game is supposed to do. I suggest changing the game speed setting to Marathon. This will give you some 50+ turns before the first religion is founded.

Respectfully,

Nope i have it set on NORMAL(Autually game speed should NOT have anything to do with any religion being founded before the tech is founded.)in a normal game. No other options, as you can see in the settings are changed from the Original OGI mod itself.

OK this one is ONE turn before ANY religion is founded. And just incase i sent two turns before also. Nope i have it set on NORMAL(Autually game speed should NOT have anything to do with any religion being founded before the tech is founded.)in a normal game. No other options, as you can see in the settings are changed from the Original OGI mod itself.

StrategyOnly,

OK. I set my game to NORMAL speed and guess what? The first religion can be founded on turn 13. Now guess what turn your file was on. That's right, turn 12: one turn before the AI founded the first religion on turn 13.

You were researching aggriculture, but the AI, specifically the English Empire, was researching a religious tech and selected Christianity on turn 13. Why Christianity? ...because Churchill's favorite religion is Christianity!

Turns to research first Religion under NORMAL speed: 13

Mysticism 5 Turns
Meditation 8 Turns

Again this is exactly what the game is supposed to do. You have just proven there is absolutely nothing wrong with the mod. The AI should found a religion on turn 13, when playing a NORMAL speed game.

Respectfully,

Again this is exactly what the game is supposed to do. You have just proven there is absolutely nothing wrong with the mod. The AI should found a religion on turn 13, when playing a NORMAL speed game.

I suspected as much all along. :lol:

StrategyOnly,

OK. I set my game to NORMAL speed and guess what? The first religion can be founded on turn 13. Now guess what turn your file was on. That's right, turn 12: one turn before the AI founded the first religion on turn 13.

You were researching aggriculture, but the AI, specifically the English Empire, was researching a religious tech and selected Christianity on turn 13. Why Christianity? ...because Churchill's favorite religion is Christianity!

Turns to research first Religion under NORMAL speed: 13

Mysticism 5 Turns
Meditation 8 Turns

Respectfully,

OH, ok didnt know that, i (personally) dont like that about the religion mod then:mad:, whats the use in having a special tech if it is IGNORED, not something i (personally) would want, especially if i was going for Christianity myself and there is techs after that, that you HAVE to have to use them, its just not right, especially if playing RoM or games like it that use King Richard Crusade.

You never had that before. SO i guess if this is the case and it works this way, then it NO longer is a regular mod that modders can use:(, it just becomes a mod itself for personal use only. (This is MY opinion).

If you want it this way it should be an OPTION then.

To me (Personally again) like it better when it could be founded ONLY when the tech is founded, the way you have it in a tech requirements then. Otherwise its like using King Richard Crusade with Christianity, its just not plausible.

btw i mean no offense to the one's that want to use something like this, and NO offense to you personally, i think 210 was the best so far. cause it doesNOT do the "check for best religion." You do great work Orion:goodjob: and thx for putting up with me lately, and again no offense. (I hope this all makes sense).

Both of your saves I get England founding Buddhism on the proper turn.

So once again, I say: Post your xml directory, because the bug is on your end, not the mods.

I downloaded and ran a clean install of OGI to test your saves, and both worked-as-expected.

OH, ok didnt know that, i (personally) dont like that about the religion mod then:mad:

Many AI Civs will go after religion early, just like our test proved. This aggressive path to the first religion is not manipulated by the mod, but rather the game AI itself. BTS alone would have the same result, a religion founded on NORMAL speed turn 13.

whats the use in having a special tech if it is IGNORED, not something i (personally) would want, especially if i was going for Christianity myself and there is techs after that, that you HAVE to have to use them,

You don't have to use or found all of the religions, if you choose limited religions. Each Civ is prevented from founding a religion when they already own a Holy City. If you do not choose limited religions, the game plays just as it would in stock BTS.

its just not right, especially if playing RoM or games like it that use King Richard Crusade.

I have never tried King Richard's Crusade, so I am not familiar with the effect limited religions would have on that mod.

You never had that before. SO i guess if this is the case and it works this way, then it NO longer is a regular mod that modders can use:(, it just becomes a mod itself for personal use only. (This is MY opinion).

Never had what before? Limited Religions? Your right, we never had a version of limited religions that worked properly before version 250B. And there are several people out there who use the Inquisition mod in their own mod packs.

If you want it this way it should be an OPTION then.

Limited Religions was a big achievement and there is an option for it.

To me (Personally again) like it better when it could be founded ONLY when the tech is founded, the way you have it in a tech requirements then. Otherwise its like using King Richard Crusade with Christianity, its just not plausible.

It is obvious that you are not in favor of AI Civs being able to choose their favorite religion, but would rather everyone be stuck with a specified religion that is tied to a specific tech. Since the AI can select it's favorite religion, this makes the AI smarter than it was before. And like everything else in this game, you have to choose what you are going to research and when. It is a personal choice to go after religion instead of production. If you specifically want the Christian religion, then you need to research Meditation before you go after aggriculture or mining. Otherwise, there is a good chance another Civ will get it before you. There are strategic choices all through this game and religion is one of them.

btw i mean no offense to the one's that want to use something like this, and NO offense to you personally, i think 210 was the best so far. cause it doesNOT do the "check for best religion." You do great work Orion:goodjob: and thx for putting up with me lately, and again no offense. (I hope this all makes sense).

You are right! The ability for an AI Civ to select it's favorite religion is a recent addition, and a good one, I believe, as it makes the AI more like a human player, who can freely choose the religion he wants, if it is available from among all that appear on the list.

Respectfully,

Strat,

I'm putting this in my own mod, I haven't decided whether or not to limit the religions although I probably won't since my mod is intended for MP games. So if you don't mind waiting I can help you out with it when I get to that point in my mod's development. The fact of the matter is that Orion made his own mod the way he wanted it, and that has to be respected.

:goodjob:

Many AI Civs will go after religion early, just like our test proved. This aggressive path to the first religion is not manipulated by the mod, but rather the game AI itself. BTS alone would have the same result, a religion founded on NORMAL speed turn 13.
You don't have to use or found all of the religions, if you choose limited religions. Each Civ is prevented from founding a religion when they already own a Holy City. If you do not choose limited religions, the game plays just as it would in stock BTS.

I have never tried King Richard's Crusade, so I am not familiar with the effect limited religions would have on that mod.

Never had what before? Limited Religions? Your right, we never had a version of limited religions that worked properly before version 250B. And there are several people out there who use the Inquisition mod in their own mod packs.
Limited Religions was a big achievement and there is an option for it.

It is obvious that you are not in favor of AI Civs being able to choose their favorite religion, but would rather everyone be stuck with a specified religion that is tied to a specific tech. Since the AI can select it's favorite religion, this makes the AI smarter than it was before. And like everything else in this game, you have to choose what you are going to research and when. It is a personal choice to go after religion instead of production. If you specifically want the Christian religion, then you need to research Meditation before you go after aggriculture or mining. Otherwise, there is a good chance another Civ will get it before you. There are strategic choices all through this game and religion is one of them.
You are right! The ability for an AI Civ to select it's favorite religion is a recent addition, and a good one, I believe, as it makes the AI more like a human player, who can freely choose the religion he wants, if it is available from among all that appear on the list.

OK then NOW i get the understandings here, you have to have Limited religions OFF if you want the techs to work correctly whereas if you only want the religions founded as specified in the techs.

OK thats a better explanation, thx for putting up with all my questions (complaints).:p

Both of your saves I get England founding Buddhism on the proper turn.

It really had nothing to do with which was first, only WHY the LATE tech religions were founded way BEFORE their tech was.

Orion, do you know, what's the cause of this bug, and how to fix it?

Looks like a memory error. I think it is time that you perform a defrag of your Hard drive, system files and paging file. System and paging files can be performed with what is called an offline defrag. If you do not have an offline defrag utility, there is a work around method to defrag your paging file, but you must have two hard drives. What you do is move the paging file off of the C: drive to your other hard drive, then defrag the C: drive. Once the C: drive is defragged, then move the paging file back to the C: drive and you have a new unfragmented paging file.

Cheers,

Oooh. That's another one to try out now that I have 3.19 :)

Okay I think I'm having a similar but different problem then StrategyOnly. Religions are founded when they should be, etc, but the religions don't seem linked up to their typical techs, almost as if Choose Religion is on (but it isn't, and I can't choose what religion is thrown upon me when I get a religion tech). For example, Meditation has founded both Hinduism, Buddhism and Christianity in different games for me so far. Polytheism has founded as both Christianity and Islam in different games. Monotheism founded Taoism in one game.

It makes no sense.

Okay I think I'm having a similar but different problem then StrategyOnly. Religions are founded when they should be, etc, but the religions don't seem linked up to their typical techs, almost as if Choose Religion is on (but it isn't, and I can't choose what religion is thrown upon me when I get a religion tech). For example, Meditation has founded both Hinduism, Buddhism and Christianity in different games for me so far. Polytheism has founded as both Christianity and Islam in different games. Monotheism founded Taoism in one game.

It makes no sense.

Each Civ has a favorite religion. If the favorite religion is available, the favorite religion will be selected from the list of available religions. If the favorite religion is not available, then a different religion will be selected. So in fact, it does make sense.

Respectfully,

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and put this in my mod now. I already have BUG and all that in my mod, so basically all I really need to do is download the stand-alone Inquisition 2.50D right? Or is it better to DL this mod since it is merged with BUG, and then just merge this into my mod?

Top Bottom