Orion's Grand Inquisition

The early Submarine requires Submarine Warfare, while the Destroyer requires Combustion. So they are different. It could be that in your game research of these two techs came close together.

Sorry, but you're wrong, because Early destroyer requires Submarine warfare WHICH REQUIRES COMBUSTION, the same as Destroyer. The effect is, as I said, that early Destroyer never appears, being immediately obsolete by Destroyer... :D

That's not a real problem for me, because i've replaced the prerequisite tech for Destroyer by another more realistic in my own xml... :assimilate: But I think you should reconsider this issue :goodjob:
:thanx:

Perhaps a stupid question... 255E is savegame compatible with 255D or not? :mischief: (I'm afraid I should start again from the beginning)

P.S. I answer myself... NOT savegame compatible (starting again :mad: :p )

I had a CTD on game start.... I don't know what's up since I can play C2C.. maybe a duel map test is in order, turning off all things that can add civs.. I can only play small on C2C if i turn off Revolutions and Barbarian civs
EDIT by game start I mean when I try to play a game, not when I load the mod

I also strongly recommend that Advanced Metallurgy or similar to be a Prereq. for the Sensor Destroyer It's a very modern unit that appears too early ingame, so it's unbalanced, should appear more later when new aircrafts are available... :)

And another question: what are Q-ships useful for?? Actually they have no sense, it's much better to have destroyers, but if you add a cargo capacity of at least only 1, they are absolutely useful: like they must be, armed merchants (but of course with a much less capacity than regular transports) :cool:

I'm a fanatic of naval warfare, and I see your mod need a bit of tweaking about it, hope my suggestions will be useful... :king: I know you don't pretend to make a completely realistic mod, but should have a little logical in the evolution of units, shouldn't? :goodjob:

Sorry, but you're wrong, because Early destroyer requires Submarine warfare WHICH REQUIRES COMBUSTION, the same as Destroyer. The effect is, as I said, that early Destroyer never appears, being immediately obsolete by Destroyer... :D

That's not a real problem for me, because i've replaced the prerequisite tech for Destroyer by another more realistic in my own xml... :assimilate: But I think you should reconsider this issue :goodjob:

You are correct. We are going to move the Early Destroyer and the Early Cruiser, both which require Coal, back to Assembly line, where we have the PreDrednought. That is the correct tech for these Coal burning ships.

I also strongly recommend that Advanced Metallurgy or similar to be a Prereq. for the Sensor Destroyer It's a very modern unit that appears too early ingame, so it's unbalanced, should appear more later when new aircrafts are available... :):

The Sensor Destroyer is going to move to the Guided Munitions Tech.

And another question: what are Q-ships useful for?? Actually they have no sense, it's much better to have destroyers, but if you add a cargo capacity of at least only 1, they are absolutely useful: like they must be, armed merchants (but of course with a much less capacity than regular transports) :cool::

A Q-ship was a war ship that masqueraded as a merchant ship and then attacked enemy submarines that were herrassing merchant shipping. We are going to give the Q-Ship the ability to see Submarines.

I'm a fanatic of naval warfare, and I see your mod need a bit of tweaking about it, hope my suggestions will be useful... :king: I know you don't pretend to make a completely realistic mod, but should have a little logical in the evolution of units, shouldn't? :goodjob:

You have exposed a sad fact of history in that the Coal era ships lasted for only a short time. The historian thinks the moves we have made is the best we can do for historical realism.

Perhaps a stupid question... 255E is savegame compatible with 255D or not? :mischief: (I'm afraid I should start again from the beginning)

P.S. I answer myself... NOT savegame compatible (starting again :mad: :p )

No. Anytime you add a new unit in the XML, the previous version save game files become obsolete.

Erm, I'm grateful for that information, but I knew about this history lot of years ago, as a war-professional/history-fan as I am. But that's not the question... :scan: I told you because the units are indicated in Civpedia as "only defend". So, are they really able to attack or not? Is it intentional? I mean, did you it as a way to surprise players (as the Japanese did)? :confused: If not, the proper use for balloons should be as they're in Civpedia, "recon and only defend", leaving the bombing issues for Airships, which it's the next step... :)

And, leaving apart the case of the Japanese balloon-bombs, I sincerely don't imagine how a balloon can damage a Dreadnought, as in your mod happens... :eek::eek: I'm thinking that perhaps your style of mod results too bizarre for my taste :cry::lol:

I checked the XML code and the balloon is defensive only, just like the machine gun. Therefore, the balloon should only respond if it was attacked. Were you at war with the civ that owned the balloon? Are you sure you didn't attack the balloon? If you did, the AI will make the Balloon fight back. The historian wants to know if the the lowly balloon sank your Dreadnought. Beware the evil AI Balloon!

I had a CTD on game start.... I don't know what's up since I can play C2C.. maybe a duel map test is in order, turning off all things that can add civs.. I can only play small on C2C if i turn off Revolutions and Barbarian civs
EDIT by game start I mean when I try to play a game, not when I load the mod
Did you make the required configuation settings change in the Grand Inquisitions 255E.ini file? When you started the game, did you change the map option to OGI_SmartMap?

Is it only in the Custom Game, because I didn't see it..
Yeah, it's in custom

Yes. Love it! Trojans! With Horses! The.. the.. irony? I've been hesitant to use the word lately...

Yes. Love it! Trojans! With Horses! The.. the.. irony? I've been hesitant to use the word lately...

That is wonderful. :) Each person, who has downloaded OGI, is discovering a mod that is rich with strategic choice. The relentless work is now beginning to pay off. Those who are dissatisfied with Civ5 may find everything they ever wanted, in the game of Civillization, is right here in OGI. I'm sure popularity will do nothing but grow as time goes on. :cool:

The UB for the Zulu needs to permit building of the various instructors like the Barracks it replaces.

The UB for the Zulu needs to permit building of the various instructors like the Barracks it replaces.

Are you saying you can't create a Military Training Instructor (MTI), when you have a Barracks (i.e the BUILDING_ZULU_IKHANDA) in a city? The game limits you to only one instructor type at a time. Once you build your combined unit, you can attempt to build another instructor, if you have enough cities.

I checked the XML code and the balloon is defensive only, just like the machine gun. Therefore, the balloon should only respond if it was attacked. Were you at war with the civ that owned the balloon? Are you sure you didn't attack the balloon? If you did, the AI will make the Balloon fight back. The historian wants to know if the the lowly balloon sank your Dreadnought. Beware the evil AI Balloon!

Hey, did you see my screenshot???:shake::shake: I revised your balloon xml too and saw that has no bombing capabilities nor attack factor... but the fact it's that my dreadnought was attacked... :cry::eek:... TWICE... :mad::mad: Please revise the screenshot again...

P.S. Tha dreadnought was not sunk, was just damaged but the fact it's the same for me... how a incendiary ballon can even scratch a 130 mm average deck armor? :p:mad::lol::lol:

That is wonderful. :) Each person, who has downloaded OGI, is discovering a mod that is rich with strategic choice. The relentless work is now beginning to pay off. Those who are dissatisfied with Civ5 may find everything they ever wanted, in the game of Civillization, is right here in OGI. I'm sure popularity will do nothing but grow as time goes on. :cool:

Absolutely sure, it's the fact that Civ5 is the greatest insult to Civilization fanatics ever made which makes the vast majority of us going back to Civ4 mods, running away from the putrid bulls**t that Civ5 is...:vomit::vomit:

The Sensor Destroyer is going to move to the Guided Munitions Tech.

A Q-ship was a war ship that masqueraded as a merchant ship and then attacked enemy submarines that were herrassing merchant shipping. We are going to give the Q-Ship the ability to see Submarines.

I mean how it is used ingame. the question is; why would I want to build Q-Ships instead of Early destroyers if

a) the cost it's the same :confused:
b) has the same Prereq Tech :confused:
c) needs the same resources :confused:
c) has even less capabilities! :eek: :confused:

So, you must add some incentive for building the Qship: less cost or some advantage over the Early destroyer (cargo capacity or so), for sure :cool: :D

You have exposed a sad fact of history in that the Coal era ships lasted for only a short time. The historian thinks the moves we have made is the best we can do for historical realism.

Oh, your mod it's no way bad focused, but the fact of the great choice of techs is what sometimes can make IMHO too many short-live units, an issue which we discussed before.

Anyway, the changes made are in the good direction... Perhaps may I deserve my name at the credits? :D:lol::lol:

P.S. Sure I would want to talk a lot with your historian, if he's a warfare fan as I :king:

Hey, did you see my screenshot???:shake::shake: I revised your balloon xml too and saw that has no bombing capabilities nor attack factor... but the fact it's that my dreadnought was attacked... :cry::eek:... TWICE... :mad::mad: Please revise the screenshot again...

P.S. Tha dreadnought was not sunk, was just damaged but the fact it's the same for me... how a incendiary ballon can even scratch a 130 mm average deck armor? :p:mad::lol::lol:

Your image file indicated the balloon caused 12 percent damage! :eek: :lol: The only possibility that I can see is to change this in the XML for the balloon:

Code:
<iAirCombatLimit>20</iAirCombatLimit>

To this:

Code:
<iAirCombatLimit>2</iAirCombatLimit>

It would take a lot of ballons to cause any significant damage now.

OrionVeteran

Top Bottom