[Religion and Revolution]: General Questions and Discussions

Just want to say hi :wavey:, and congrats that this happened so fast with your subforum :).

Hi The_J. :wavey:
(And Thanks for your support so far. :) )

Yes, this subforum will make it a lot easier for us to organize and discuss things.

I was recently asked about the name of this mod. :)

Religion and Revolution
Does this name fit to what we want to do in this project ?

Yes and no. :)

About "Yes":

1. Revolution should be clear:
This game and also this mod are about Revolution / War of Independence when it comes down to the bottomline.

2. Religion:
Some of the first Features we (Robert and I at that time) decided on doing are about "Religion".
(Second Religious Parent, Protestants and Catholics, ...)
All together "Religion" takes a big part of the concept of this mod.

3. "Religion" and "Revolution" were the aspects that formed the new world !
They are really the themes when talking about that period of time.
The name of this mod somehow really fits to the atmosphere I want to create.

4. It is a simple and straigth name.
I like that. :)
You should have heard all the other names for this mod Robert and I were thinking about ... :lol:

About "No":

This project is much much more than what we haved planned as features for part "Religion".

"Economy" for example might have even more changes.
Other concepts like "Satisfaction" are also very big and complex.

But let us not call this mod "Religion, Satisfaction, Economy, Wild Animals, Pirates, Smuggling, Health, Culture, More Natives, Better Music, Inventions, ..., ..., ..., Revolution". ;)

Summary:

I think the name "Religion and Revolution" does fit.

Also I really got used to it.
I like it and don't want to change it anymore. :)
We already got known by this name.

So let us stay with "Religion and Revolution".

@Robert, colonialfan:

Agree ?

So unless someone finds something better later on, ...

No "Unless someone ...". ;)
No more reconsiderating and rethinking please. (That time is over.)

Let us stay with "Religion and Revolution" finally.

We established a brand already:

People know us by that.
(Communities here and otherwhere, musicians / componists we have talked too, ...)
Our Forum and Threads are called like that.

Even if somebody would come up with another name, now it would be too late. :)

I agree :goodjob:

I'm not going to complain...
As I told you before: I find it kind of fun,
"R and R": for Ray and Robert ;), and "R and R" for Religion and Revolution

Yes, when the two of us started this project, it did really fit. :)
(Which we noticed afterwards ...)

Now we could call it:
Conquests, King James, Religion and Revolution :lol:
colonialfan, KJ, Robert and Ray

Hi guys, :wavey:

I know that we are not yet working together very long but

Thank you !

It really is a lot of fun brainstorming and working with you. :goodjob:
(I really feel that everybody is motivated and wants to create a great mod here.)

Let us continue like that. :rockon:

Also maybe a few of you might be pretty busy over Christmas and New Year, thus already now:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ! :xmascheers:

Hi everyone,
Hi guys, :wavey:

I know that we are not yet working together very long but

Thank you !
No Ray, Thank you!
It really is a lot of fun brainstorming and working with you. :goodjob:
(I really feel that everybody is motivated and wants to create a great mod here.)

Let us continue like that. :rockon:
I agree!
Also maybe a few of you might be pretty busy over Christmas and New Year, thus already now:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ! :xmascheers:
Yes indeed! I'll be away next week, and I wont be able to reply ...
Merry Christmas to everyone, and of course a happy new year!

Wow, I just visited this forum and this is clearly going to be a very comprehensive mod; I'm impressed! :king::goodjob:

I'm glad to see people still modding Colonization so extensively, and will definitely look forward to playing it.

I wonder if you have given thought to the possibility of making natives playable as an option? This could add a lot of unique flavor, as some players would really enjoy the opportunity to try taking the other side for a change and resisting colonial forces :cool: And though historically many cultures did not advance from a primitive state before being absorbed, some indigenous people such as the Japanese in fact advanced rapidly and surpassed some European nations. So it was not impossible for them to resist, just very challenging.

If you agree, I'd be interested to help out with it and put together some ideas about enabling playable natives for this mod (which actually can be a lot less work than it seems :p) I have some experience with making playable Natives in the 2071 mod; although I know little programming and did it in a simplistic way, they became fun to play and I've heard people enjoy them a great deal. And with the added features of TAC and the others being planned here, it could work even better. :cool:

Wow, I just visited this forum and this is clearly going to be a very comprehensive mod; I'm impressed! :king::goodjob:
I'm glad to see people still modding Colonization so extensively, and will definitely look forward to playing it.

Thanks. :)
Modding CivCol is a lot of fun to us.

I am looking forward to playing this mod sometime in the future myself. :lol:

Here's an idea of a possible way to help the City AI, let me know what you think of it? (I don't know if maybe something like this is already done.)

It seems that one weakness of the vanilla game AI is that it's much worse than human players at planning ahead for enough of a necessary Yield type such as Tools to be transported to a city before completing a building that requires this. As a result it can complete buildings less effectively. (They probably have a similar trouble when planning to assign colonists to Professions that require a Yield to equip.) Maybe this could be solved by a simple "Internal Trade" idea that would help make that less complex, without requiring cheating:

When a building cannot be completed because of not enough Yields (such as Tools) in the city; iterate through that player's other cities to check if that Yield is stored there.
Subtract that stored yield from the other city and add it to the original city, enabling the Building to be completed. (also perhaps a small gold cost could be added for the cost of transport.)

Here's an idea of a possible way to help the City AI, let me know what you think of it? (I don't know if maybe something like this is already done.)

It seems that one weakness of the vanilla game AI is that it's much worse than human players at planning ahead for enough of a necessary Yield type such as Tools to be transported to a city before completing a building that requires this. As a result it can complete buildings less effectively. (They probably have a similar trouble when planning to assign colonists to Professions that require a Yield to equip.) Maybe this could be solved by a simple "Internal Trade" idea that would help make that less complex, without requiring cheating:

When a building cannot be completed because of not enough Yields (such as Tools) in the city; iterate through that player's other cities to check if that Yield is stored there.
Subtract that stored yield from the other city and add it to the original city, enabling the Building to be completed. (also perhaps a small gold cost could be added for the cost of transport.)

Hi orlanth,

please be so kind and discuss things like that in our Mod Development-Thread and not in the one for General things. :)

By the way:

We are based on TAC and thus we do not have AI-Problems like Vanilla anymore. ;)
(What you are talking about is no problem for us.)

TAC 2.02d is out now.
I will of course merge the fixes / changes of TAC 2.02d. :)
(I will need some time until I have merged all our completed features. ;) )
Good luck, ray, and a lot of patience! That will be a difficult job.

And "Merry Christmas"! From all members of TAC-Team - and for all of you! :high5:

A few words:

Oh boy, the list of todos and ideas gets longer and longer. :lol:
(I like that. :) )

However, do not expect wonders. ;)

We will be busy for years to implement everything we are planning to do.
(I am serious about that.)

I do not want to demotivate. :blush:
I simply want us to have realistic expectations.

We need to go step by step.
(Everything else will result in total chaos.)

I hope everybody can see how much potential for new features and improvement this game has.
(Even with such a large mod like TAC as base.)

@team:

So far, I feel that all of us have done a great job ! :goodjob:
Our internal release is stable and we have done many really nice features.

Together we can create a mod like it has never been created for CivCol before.
We have combined an incredible amount of skills in this team !

I hope everybody is still having fun with this project. :)
(Even though I might be a little annoying from time to time. :lol:
Please forgive ...)

Top Bottom