CDG Series Discussion Thread

Venice getting two April fools? I remember getting completely fooled for that map as I tried a sub T200 Diplo, but the vote for world leader just never happened. Should have read the description carefully.

Anyway, I think Venice deserves at least one normal game. We had Babylon occ and Siam occ. Venice is just like an occ but better, since you can puppet and have more trade routes. An interesting Venice game would probably be a cultural victory with the right set of achievements.

I present propositions for achievements for my Austria CDG game.

Main 'theme' of this game is to establish if Austria's UA is going to be helpful to achieve (esp. faster) science victory.

Achievement connected to design VC.

A. Win the game by science victory before:
Spoiler :

a)<200t - 6p
b)<220t - 5p
c)<240t - 4p
d)<260t - 3p
e)<280t - 2p
f)<300t - 1p

Achievement connected to Austria's UA:

B.Diplo-marry city states:
Spoiler :

a)5 or more in 5 or more different eras -6p
b)5 -5p
c)4 -4p
d)3 -3p
e)2 -2p
f)1 -1p

Achievements connected to Austria's UA and history:

C. At the end of game be friend with 5 or more (or all remaining) civilizations - 3p
D. At the end of game be ally of all remaining city states - 3p

Achievement connected to Austria's UB
E. Have coffee houses in all cities (puppets don't count) -1p

Achievement connected to Austria's UU - meh ;)

So max point from achievements = 19p.

I've already rolled map - start is very strong, but keep in mind that I also wanted encourage to make use of Austria's UA :)

Attachments

• Austria CDG.jpg
    Austria CDG.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 148
I present propositions for achievements for my Austria CDG game.

Main 'theme' of this game is to establish if Austria's UA is going to be helpful to achieve (esp. faster) science victory.

Achievement connected to design VC.

A. Win the game by science victory before:
Spoiler :

a)<200t - 6p
b)<220t - 5p
c)<240t - 4p
d)<260t - 3p
e)<280t - 2p
f)<300t - 1p

Achievement connected to Austria's UA:

B.Diplo-marry city states:
Spoiler :

a)5 or more in 5 or more different eras -6p
b)5 -5p
c)4 -4p
d)3 -3p
e)2 -2p
f)1 -1p

Achievements connected to Austria's UA and history:

C. At the end of game be friend with 5 or more (or all remaining) civilizations - 3p
D. At the end of game be ally of all remaining city states - 3p

Achievement connected to Austria's UB
E. Have coffee houses in all cities (puppets don't count) -1p

Achievement connected to Austria's UU - meh ;)

So max point from achievements = 19p.

I've already rolled map - start is very strong, but keep in mind that I also wanted encourage to make use of Austria's UA :)

+1 for me, These achievements are perfect. Very well worded, very balanced, and hopefully we can see some crazy low times. Austria's UU is a joke won't help much since this isn't a Dynamite Domination Rush requiring cavalry with extra sight, but their UB will be essential. I am looking forward to seeing how fast Great Scientists can be created with Gardens and coffee houses in every city? And LTOP/National Epic/Humanism! Coffee makes everything better.

My best Deity victory so far (Actually it might be my only, I love starting Deity games and never finishing them, especially when they start looking grim...) was when I faced a crazy Austria that allied every single city-state on the map. They were my best friend, never threatening me, eating every Civ that was dumb enough to attack me, and ended the game with a 1,200,000+ army score but still not invading me. In the end, it only took 14 votes for me to win by Diplomacy, and I only had that thanks to the forbidden Palace.

Regarding this map though, what happens when you settle on woods? Is the extra chopping production lost or is it put towards your first scout? I feel like I should know that, but I can't remember and can't find it...

credit where it's due, this is quite good. I think with some luck even I could get a sub 220

In case of people waiting for me to open the flood gate of complaints - don't - I'm fine with these with the slight exception of opposing A on principle but that issue was already settled.

In case of people waiting for me to open the flood gate of complaints - don't - I'm fine with these with the slight exception of opposing A on principle but that issue was already settled.

So the vote is :thumbsup:=3 to :thumbsdown:=0 so far, how much longer do we have to wait!?! :bounce:

Personally I think that turn time achievement (A) is wonderfully worded though, especially since it gives those of us who are big slowpokes the ability to still earn points! Anyway's, lets bring on the challenge, hopefully I will have the patience to complete this one and not get distracted!

IronfighterXXX, that's a great example of how the CDG show work, in my opinion. You've introduced your own 'flavour/preferences' while meeting the general expectations/guidelines of the series.

I think I will give Civ 5 a go again with this map and settings, sounds like fun times. Thank you IronFighterXXX for the hosting!

Thanks for all kind words :)

Regarding this map though, what happens when you settle on woods? Is the extra chopping production lost or is it put towards your first scout?

Unfortunately, it's lost.

So the vote is :thumbsup:=3 to :thumbsdown:=0 so far, how much longer do we have to wait!?! :bounce:

I'll post map on Monday.

^^Why wait any longer? Also, if you at least start the thread with the opening screen shot (but without the save file) I think it is fun to speculate about where to settle. Thanks in any case!

I want to request a Denmark domination map. I have been trying to roll my own, but something is wrong with my game as archipelago and fractal just give me a Pangaea!

The AIs in the DCL Denmark game were tweaked so that Berserkers had no chance to shine. Achievement points for not using rage, but siege is okay. I want to learn how people make land-setup-shoot-all-in-one-turn cats and trebs work.

Achievement points could also be given for surrounding a city 5+ tiles inland on a single turn with Ski Infantry.

The disembarking ability could be fun to abuse on a Lakes map, perhaps with seas for bodies of water. Lakes map is really good for domination in general.

I want to request a Denmark domination map. I have been trying to roll my own, but something is wrong with my game as archipelago and fractal just give me a Pangaea!

The AIs in the DCL Denmark game were tweaked so that Berserkers had no chance to shine. Achievement points for not using rage, but siege is okay. I want to learn how people make land-setup-shoot-all-in-one-turn cats and trebs work.

Achievement points could also be given for surrounding a city 5+ tiles inland on a single turn with Ski Infantry.

The disembarking ability could be fun to abuse on a Lakes map, perhaps with seas for bodies of water. Lakes map is really good for domination in general.

I like this too, Denmark has a lot of potential and I would love to play as them and see how bee-lining Metalcasting early can lead to a quick domination.

Ok, so here is what we have so far:

CDG1: Persia - Released Oct 31st, 2015 - Map Created by Consentient -
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=557617

CDG2: Assyria - Released Nov 15th, 2015 - Map Created by Consentient -
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=558560

CDG3: Ethiopia - Released Dec 2nd, 2015 - Map Created by Consentient -
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=559515

CDG4: Spain - Released Dec 17th, 2015 - Map Created by Consentient -
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=560239

CDG5: Indonesia - Released Jan 02, 2016 - Map Created by Consentient -
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=560910

CDG6: Zulus - Released Jan 15, 2016 - Map Created by Consentient -
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=561516

CDG7: Shoshone - Released Feb 02, 2016 - Map Created by Enslingkorp -
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=562385

CDG8: Austria - Released Feb 15th, 2016 - Map Created by IronfighterXXX -
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=563063

CDG9: Mystery - Releasing March 1st, 2016? - Map Created by Blatc -

CDG10: Byzantium - Releasing March 15th, 2016 - Map Created by Beetle -

CDG11: Mystery - Releasing April Fools Day - Open for business

Map Creation Thread - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=560846

Beetle had an idea for a portugal map, and maybe still has a byzantine map. We have multiple requests for a Denmark map. I haven't beat a single one of these yet but I hopefully will break that cycle with number 8. We shall see.

Since there is a request for a Denmark map I do have a Pangaea Denmark map which I won with a DomV. However I am not sure if it is compatible with the current game as it was quite a while back. I would post it and politely ask any interested members to try it out and see if it is suitable for a CDG.

Achievements will be added later if it is found suitable.:)

Spoiler :
View attachment Denmark.Civ5Save

Everything is standard with standard speed and no mods.

Denmark.jpg

Beetle do check out/play a few turns of this map.

It would not load for me. “Load Game” button is disable with mouse over text that read “Required DLC is not available.” Do you have the scrambled nations map packs?

Should've spent the $4.20 like I did back in December! :p Now I can open any save!!!

It would not load for me. “Load Game” button is disable with mouse over text that read “Required DLC is not available.” Do you have the scrambled nations map packs?

Hmm I think it may have been turned on. Then this map won`t be available unless someone can make it compatible. :p

Top Bottom