Combat Issue

I already told your your data size is far too small to be gather any meaningful statistical data from.

To get relevant sample sizes you need to be in the 100's, if not 1000's of sample sizes.

From the small sample sizes you indicted in your earlier posts, you don't have that much data. It could be that your onto something and there's actually something wrong with the combat mechanics in civ rev. Or it could just very well be that your experiencing a string of bad luck.

Now if you've actually done the hundreds or thousands of tests and have all the data, and it's still showing somethings wrong, then by all means, please submit your data to firaxis and bring it to their attention.

The fact that is was 11 to 10, he had higher odd than you of winning. Civ isn't a game where every time you fight, both sides get hurt. That's because there is no "damage" factor. Even though there are three "Units" they are still representing the Health Bars from Civ 1-3. It's who ever wins the coin toss according to the probabilities, and maybe there are some other factors as well. But a 10 attacking an 11 can have the same results of attacking an 11 with a 2. That's why I always make sure my units are at least just as powerful as my opponents.

And yes Archers have first strike, since they had 1 more attack power than you did the first strike had a higher chance of taking down a unit.

If you want higher wins, once you get Navigation, station Galleons, and afterwards any offensive ship you get. They will fire at the opponent at the start of the battle, which has a chance of taking one down. When one unit goes down, their chances of winning go down to 2/3's of the original (Like and archer with 3 defense might go down to 2). This only goes for as wide as the Ship's radius is.

well this argument could go for a long time. here's some numbers based on a game i'm currently playing and i too get a bit frustrated with the losses of superior units to inferiors. here are some numbers so far. going from memory since i can't find my bloody fact sheet atm lol.
A)spying:regardless of troops guarding the site or trying to sabotage something in the middle of nowhere, i get caught 68% of the time.
the ai succeeds 72% even with 8 troops, 2 workers and a spy in the square.luckily i have about 10 of each resource so losing 2-3 oil/alum at once for 6-10 turns is not too damaging, still frustrating.
B)nukes landing vs launched. me 18.2% success with nukes. ai succeeds 31% so i launch 20 nukes, land 2-3. ai launches 10 for 3-4.
C)units i don't have all listed anyways on my fact sheet so will state a few recent ones. had a battleship with str1,2 & 3 upgrades as well as additional 1st strike going up vs a destroyer with only str1 upgrade. not only lost, the destroyer was only reduced in health by 10%.
during my recent war of 5 armies(the witch isabella started a war and next thing i knew, 4 were on me including 2 "so-called" friends. and i was losing many of those types of battles as stated above during the conflict. if i didn't outnumber all 4 enemies by a large margin militarily(with all techs and buildings done, what else was there to do but build military turn after turn lol). my navy was a bit weak, but with oodles of jets guarding my cities, i managed to shoot down the vast majority of their naval air attacks.
but i digressed there sorry. so those are numbers that indeed seem to favor the ai a lot. fine if it's 1 vs 1, the odds aren't overwhelming, but when fighting multiple ennemies where every unit counts, it gets nasty and frustrating at times. other than sheer numbers, the 1 thing that saved me was finally understanding the use of helicopter gunships. sent them at modern armor(modern armor? lol can't remember the name now, not enough coffee...the big green modern tank, not the yellowish one) every chance i got for a nice butt kicking.

like aznwarlord states , there's got to be a random factor involved, maybe yes , as simple as a coin toss *shrug* since my battleship fight should have been a no brainer in my favor, rather than an embarrassing loss.

Your in the wrong forum galahad:crazyeye:

This is the civ rev form and from the units and upgrades your talking about, I'm pretty sure your talking about civ 4.

It's already known how civ 4 calculates its combat odds, and it will actually give the the combat odds for any given fight in game. What's not known is if civ rev calculates it's combat odds the same way as civ 4 or if it's different.

Yeah, wrong thread, this guy stupidly sent his units charging at a more Powerful Archer unit. This ain't stronger Tank loses to weaker Archer. This is Weaker Legion losing to Stronger Archer, which I have no objections.

Top Bottom